Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redmi Note 5 Pro, unable to enable 5ghz hotspot: "5GHz is not avaliable in this country."

With build.prop editor i saw that the region is setted to PL, even if I changed the region (e.g IN or CN ) the problem is still here

Since 5GHz is illegal in some countries (usually due to military use of the spectrum), the usual practice is that the phone will determine the country location for any wireless services based on the MCC (Mobile Country Code) which is always broadcast by the Base-station (in SIB1) and read by the phone when trying to establish an initial connection to any mobile network.
Once it has been read, it is retained until updated by a new MCC being detecteed.

I don't know what would happen if you got a brand new phone which has never been connected to a network (very unlikely to ever happen, with QA testing requiring connection to a network, such as a factory-test network).

This cannot be spoofed or over-ridden by a hack on the phone.

Reactions: cobben
[QUOTE = "robertb_45, post: 462809, miembro: 188247"] Hola, en este foro, debes solo hablar en inglés, así que puedes ayudar [/ QUOTE]
Perdón por no saludar , pero por favor si me podéis ayudar en este tema lo agradecería

La ROM es genial, siempre me ha gustado, pero he estado observando un error durante mucho tiempo, cuando establezco una llamada, el que me recibe me oye saturado. Me gustaría saber si puede cambiar cualquier valor del micrófono a través de Zip, root Explorer ... o cualquier otra idea para resolver este error. Gracias por su ayuda y por hacer posible esta ROM.

I just unlocked my bootloader and I would like to try this ROM but what does rollback protection mean for whyred? Can I flash any ROM now? AOSP,xiaomi.eu or official MIUI? Oreo or Pie?

Since 5GHz is illegal in some countries (usually due to military use of the spectrum), the usual practice is that the phone will determine the country location for any wireless services based on the MCC (Mobile Country Code) which is always broadcast by the Base-station (in SIB1) and read by the phone when trying to establish an initial connection to any mobile network.
Once it has been read, it is retained until updated by a new MCC being detecteed.

I don't know what would happen if you got a brand new phone which has never been connected to a network (very unlikely to ever happen, with QA testing requiring connection to a network, such as a factory-test network).

This cannot be spoofed or over-ridden by a hack on the phone.

Interesting, I posted previously in this thread about 2 new Huawei routers I have, both of which:

Do not allow 5GHz wifi at all when no simcard is present.
Do not allow 5GHz wifi when roaming (in Latvia with Swedish simcards).

But they will accept a 5Ghz wifi-Extender upstream connection while roaming.

None of my Xiaomi phones have done anything like that - so far.

Last edited:
Having network issues on my mix 2s mobile data randomly loose connection or just mobile data doesn't work even with reception...

Also I noticed that adblocking doesn't work anymore, looks like the hosts file is locked ?!

I have some errors on MIPAD 4 LTE ver:
2- Some 5ghz wifi shows only with sim attached.

2. We have no clue, we never touched this functionality.

+1 for another Mi PAD 4+ user.

I am located in the USA and just installed 8.12.13 and do not have a SIM card inserted because I don't plan on using any cellular data with this tablet. I cannot see any 5ghz signal. If I insert my phone's sim card, the 5ghz Wifi radio starts working. I can connect to the wifi no problem. Then when I remove the SIM card and reboot the tablet without the SIM card the 5ghz wifi is gone again. Can you please look into this?

XRN 6 Pro Record of the screen doesn't work
Screenshot_2018-12-19-23-19-53-481_com.miui.home.png

Last edited:
Some 5ghz wifi shows only with sim attached.

I am located in the USA and just installed 8.12.13 and do not have a SIM card inserted because I don't plan on using any cellular data with this tablet. I cannot see any 5ghz signal. If I insert my phone's sim card, the 5ghz Wifi radio starts working. I can connect to the wifi no problem. Then when I remove the SIM card and reboot the tablet without the SIM card the 5ghz wifi is gone again. Can you please look into this?
Try flashing this. Let me know if this solved your issue. This flashable is only for MIPAD4 8.12.13.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3v2cishlkbilv6/WiFiTest_MIPAD4_8.12.13.flashable.zip/file

Does anyone having issues to insert a new APN? I'm trying to insert a IMS APN for my Carrier, but once I press to save the settings, the previous APN inserted doesn't appear on the APN's phone list...
Thanks...
4f09d489b564828c4058d2732242eff5.jpg
532adec61b80b0b630a9c4bc924080e8.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fmccool302
Try flashing this. Let me know if this solved your issue. This flashable is only for MIPAD4 8.12.13.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3v2cishlkbilv6/WiFiTest_MIPAD4_8.12.13.flashable.zip/file

This file is very small (787kb) and only has the Meta-INF folder and a system folder with buildprop file and a wifi jar file.

I'm a total newbie at this, Do i copy and replace the Meta-INF file with the original in the 8.12.13 Zip?
I have no clue what to do with the system folder and its files.
Sorry for my total newbie-ness

perhaps the file doesn't have the full build?

Thank you in advance!

*******************EDIT***************************
OK, I figured it out....For Mi Pad 4 users only.... Copy both the 8.12.13 ZIp file and the second Zip file to internal storage. Boot into TWRP. Perform the normal steps to install a new ROM. Then, select the install option and take the original 8.12.13 zip ROM file and make sure to
"Add more Zips" and add the the second zip file from Igor Eisberg's link. Then proceed to install both zip files.
Viola, you should now have 5Ghz wifi out of the gate!

I am still setting things up, but the initial setup screen had 5ghz networks in the selection list, so it all appears good to me! :-D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Igor, will we have to do this every time moving forward, or will this "Fix" be made permanent?

THANK YOU IGOR! You made this fix so fast!

Last edited:
La ROM es genial, siempre me ha gustado, pero he estado observando un error durante mucho tiempo, cuando establezco una llamada, el que me recibe me oye saturado. Me gustaría saber si puede cambiar cualquier valor del micrófono a través de Zip, root Explorer ... o cualquier otra idea para resolver este error. Gracias por su ayuda y por hacer posible esta ROM.
Please use ENGLISH language. Thank you.

You can try inserting some old prepaid sim card with no money or data on it.
That might be enough to get the wifi working.

problem with encryption. I can not install the zip from the recovery. how do I install xiaomi ROMs? I do not want to continue to format.

Last edited:
Mi pad 4
Power apk crashing

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(Unknown Source:28)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Please invoke setContext before call this
at com.miui.common.b.a.mx(Unknown Source:9)
at com.miui.gamebooster.utils.a.ds(Unknown Source:5)
at com.miui.gamebooster.service.h.dr(Unknown Source:42)
at com.miui.gamebooster.service.h.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more

Reactions: Marco 1979
OK, I figured it out....For Mi Pad 4 users only.... Copy both the 8.12.13 ZIp file and the second Zip file to internal storage. Boot into TWRP. Perform the normal steps to install a new ROM. Then, select the install option and take the original 8.12.13 zip ROM file and make sure to
"Add more Zips" and add the the second zip file from Igor Eisberg's link. Then proceed to install both zip files.
Viola, you should now have 5Ghz wifi out of the gate!

I am still setting things up, but the initial setup screen had 5ghz networks in the selection list, so it all appears good to me! :-D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Igor, will we have to do this every time moving forward, or will this "Fix" be made permanent?

THANK YOU IGOR! You made this fix so fast!
You overcomplicated things lol. If you already had 8.12.13 installed on your Pad, you could've just do Install and select the ZIP I have you, and swipe to flash. You didn't have to go through reflashing the whole ROM/adding as another ZIP, etc.
Anyway, yes, I convinced your Wi-Fi module that a SIM is always present (mandatory for 5GHz nowadays) and that's a SIM with US country code (minimum restrictions, compared to EU region).
And yes, we're including it, thanks to your confimation.

Mi pad 4
Power apk crashing

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(Unknown Source:28)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Please invoke setContext before call this
at com.miui.common.b.a.mx(Unknown Source:9)
at com.miui.gamebooster.utils.a.ds(Unknown Source:5)
at com.miui.gamebooster.service.h.dr(Unknown Source:42)
at com.miui.gamebooster.service.h.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more
Already fixed for the upcoming update. You can test it for now:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6jhadvf436a1jg1/Test_MIPAD4_8.12.13.flashable.zip/file

On the last few firmwares there is a very weak sound of the top speaker during a conversation. Exposed to the maximum, but the interlocutor is barely audible. MI6 device

Mi5x black screen problem, I can't update to Android 8 it always stuck in black screen despite I flashed required firmware. Need help

Reactions: fabryciop
With this update my mi 8 se now feels very Laggy, even tho I did a full hard reset... congrats

Read post #435 and my prior post, this explains why.

Status
Not open for further replies.