Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
reinstall magisk18.0 or reinstall EU Rom. I've already reinstall magisk18.0 but nothing happened.
Did you install via magisk manager or twrp??
For me it works: flash rom with twrp > wipe cache davlink > reboot to system > reboot to twrp and flash magisk 18 > dont wipe anything > reboot to system.

Reactions: LessIsMore
I am sorry I have been asking this question for the 5th time in every release by now.
Can I flash this rom over 8.10.18 weekly rom without losing previous apps/data? I have Mi Max 3.
Thanks
The chances are that nobody (who really cares) has your combination of firmware/device now.
I personally have no idea - if the installed and proposed ROM's have the same Android base, you can normally "dirty-flash" without loss of either data or apps (if you do not do an "off-device" backup, then it is completely at your own risk).

If there is a change of Android base, i.e. 8.0 to 9.0, then I suggest you get reading through the various threads/entries in this forum and figure it out for yourself - people who sit back waiting to be spoon-fed information usually do not get the answers they want.
Do your own research, you will be amazed at how much you learn along the way.

I got an "Error 7" flashing the wifi fix zip in my Max1 Prime helium.

Now I edited build.prop manually instead, and changed the wifi region from 'RU' to 'GB'.
Just wanted to see if I notice any difference.

I have Nijel8s latest TWRP v323-4, which has always worked flawlessly.

What happened in my Max1 Prime helium when I did this, was that it no longer saw the 149 channel which the Mi Mini router chooses by default for 5GHz wifi.

Changing back to wifi region 'RU' in the Max1, or setting a fixed 5GHz channel (only 36,40,44,48 can be chosen, at least when used as a repeater) in the router solves the problem.

At this point I have no idea what is best to do, long-term that is.
Think I will have to read up on this 5GHz wifi EU situation some more, unfortunately.

What happened in my Max1 Prime helium when I did this, was that it no longer saw the 149 channel which the Mi Mini router chooses by default for 5GHz wifi.

Changing back to wifi region 'RU' in the Max1, or setting a fixed 5GHz channel (only 36,40,44,48 can be chosen, at least when used as a repeater) in the router solves the problem.

At this point I have no idea what is best to do, long-term that is.
Think I will have to read up on this 5GHz wifi EU situation some more, unfortunately.
Here is the document you will need to read https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/301800_301899/301893/02.01.01_60/en_301893v020101p.pdf

Reactions: cobben
I have cut both the part of the text (not everything though) is the half icon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-25-13-40-20-371_com.miui.cleanmaster.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-25-13-40-20-371_com.miui.cleanmaster.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 502
  • Screenshot_2018-12-26-14-41-37-797_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-26-14-41-37-797_com.miui.home.png
    315.8 KB · Views: 511

You saved me from the Xmas doldrums, now I have 122 pages of radiobureaucracy to read!

I like this, it tells you clearly what they think of the end user:

"4.2.10.3 Requirements
The geographic location determined by the equipment as defined in clause 4.2.10.2 shall not be accessible to the user.
If the equipment cannot determine the geographic location, it shall operate in a mode compliant with the requirements
applicable in any of the geographic locations where the equipment is intended to operate. "

You saved me from the Xmas doldrums, now I have 122 pages of radiobureaucracy to read!
The perfect cure for Insomnia

I like this, it tells you clearly what they think of the end user:

"4.2.10.3 Requirements
The geographic location determined by the equipment as defined in clause 4.2.10.2 shall not be accessible to the user.
If the equipment cannot determine the geographic location, it shall operate in a mode compliant with the requirements
applicable in any of the geographic locations where the equipment is intended to operate. "
As I mentioned in a post on this topic in last week's thread, this should be using the MCC (Mobile Country Code) which is read from SIB 1 from GSM, UMTS or LTE networks as the first part of connection establishment in Idle mode.

Taking it off the SIM is not in compliance with this and other ETSI/3GPP specifications, as this makes the geolocation "accessible to the user" (and therefore contravening the "License to Operate" certification for EU countries) and will not give the correct location when roaming, or in this case here, "spoofing" the system with a different country's SIM card.

Last edited:
The perfect cure for Insomnia

As I mentioned in a post on this topic in last week's thread, this should be using the MCC (Mobile Country Code) which is read from SIB 1 from GSM, UMTS or LTE networks as the first part of connection establishment in Idle mode.

Taking it off the SIM is not in compliance with this and other ETSI/3GPP specifications, as this makes the geolocation "accessible to the user" (and therefore contravening the "License to Operate" certification for EU countries) and will not give the correct location when roaming, or in this case here, "spoofing" the system with a different country's SIM card.

Which is why I suppose there is no hope of my Huawei pocket routers ever allowing 5GHz wifi while roaming, as they chose the (for them) safe path of shutting it down entirely.

Remains to be seen how various mobile phones will handle this.

Now we're off to see Mary Poppins with our 11 year old daughter, so I'll leave the wifi stuff for now.

Really we just want to find another "set it and forget it" setup, like we've had for a few years now, but that may be wishfull thinking, as things have become significantly more complicated.

Last edited:
Hi
I'm updting to 8.12.20v and my Mi8SE is taking too long on Flashboot screen, any clue??
it's normal??
tnks

I would like very much that there are more shortcuts in the vault of applications, such as weather, music controller, it would be very nice to add them.

That is for Kate. Do not flash on Kenzo

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy, it's because they do not have roms for kenzo and for the most wanted few bugs that apparently have already been fixed in the roms after 10.1.
Would I miss some functionality by flashing the kate rom or do I brick my device?

No problems with Mix2 here.
Noticed some differences between xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_8.12.13_v10-8.0 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_8.12.20_v10-8.0 in file that contain commands for handling system apps (META-INF\com\xiaomieu\xiaomieu.sh).
More important: In xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_8.12.13_v10-8.0 much more important partitions are available for backup - it seems partition layout has changed silently
@graw2 Could this have happened?

I thought this 10.3 has camera 2 API enable by default. In previous ROM, I have to modify the buildprop to get it enable but recently, maybe the 10.2 also get it enable in the Rom

Thanks buddy, it's because they do not have roms for kenzo and for the most wanted few bugs that apparently have already been fixed in the roms after 10.1.
Would I miss some functionality by flashing the kate rom or do I brick my device?
Good chance to brick you phone, or in better case install will be failed...

Reactions: guimaraestr
Noticed some differences between xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_8.12.13_v10-8.0 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_8.12.20_v10-8.0 in file that contain commands for handling system apps (META-INF\com\xiaomieu\xiaomieu.sh).
More important: In xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2_8.12.13_v10-8.0 much more important partitions are available for backup - it seems partition layout has changed silently
@graw2 Could this have happened?
I don't think partition layout changed. Changing partition layout only possible with MiFlash flashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.