Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the update on both Mi 8 and Mi Max 3, seems to be stable and working fine.

But I still want the 4x3 grid for quick settings back or at least a setting to change it. Both devices have a 5x1 (5 tiles in 1 row) quick settings row after pulling down the status bar which normally (until before before 8.12.20) expanded to a 4x3 grid (4 tiles per row with 3 rows), but beginning with the 8.12.20 update it stays at 5x3 after expanding which is too narrow for my taste, at least on the Mi8.

I cannot find a setting for it. Is this a new feature that just hasn't got settings yet or is this a bug?
I am on the other side. I want 6 tiles to be visible (6x1) when you pull down and 6x4 or 6x5 tiles when you pull down all the way. It's a 6.21" screen and should be able to fit 6 tiles easily as on Havoc, I had 6x1 and 6x5 and it's very nice as the icon sizes were trimmed as well.

Reactions: PMShodan and cobben
My device is MI 8 (dipper). I setup the preferred network type to be LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM in Phone info and when I reboot, it goes back to LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS. How can I set it to LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM so that it stays after reboots too?

Btw, 8.12.27 works really well on MI 8. Feels snappy and very responsive. Thank you very much EU team for cooking up a wonderful ROM.

MI8 SE, same issue as above, TWRP is gone....even after reflashing the TWRP image, it's not accessible. Other than that everything seems to work OK.

Last edited:
Is the proximity sensor working well on this rom on Mi Mix 2S????

Last edited:
I've just updated my mi8se, ROM is working fine but now i can't get to TWRP. How to fix this?
Try custom TWRP or notice the TWRP message after flashing. It will allow TWRP to modify recovery (keep TWRP). Otherwise it will go back to stock recovery. Then you have to flash TWRP by fastboot.

I am on the other side. I want 6 tiles to be visible (6x1) when you pull down and 6x4 or 6x5 tiles when you pull down all the way. It's a 6.21" screen and should be able to fit 6 tiles easily as on Havoc, I had 6x1 and 6x5 and it's very nice as the icon sizes were trimmed as well.

It should be a configurable feature, then we all can have our individual way ;) Is there wny indicaton that it might be in the future?

It should be a configurable feature, then we all can have our individual way ;) Is there wny indicaton that it might be in the future?
I highly doubt we will ever see a customization option for the tiles. If you are hell bent on this, you will have dig into Havoc (AOSP) where you can customize all you want but there are some basic features that don't work on Havoc. That's why I moved here and this build is rock solid and quite happy with it.

My device is MI 8 (dipper). I setup the preferred network type to be LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM in Phone info and when I reboot, it goes back to LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS. How can I set it to LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM so that it stays after reboots too?

Btw, 8.12.27 works really well on MI 8. Feels snappy and very responsive. Thank you very much EU team for cooking up a wonderful ROM.
You can't do nothing because it is custom solution (you are using code right?) that you do (and i do only LTE/wcdma on my network).

Only solution that stays is selecting in settings, but it is no go for you and me too.

I'm not rebooting everyday, I'm rebooting only every Friday when flashing xeu weekly so don't have problem it stays until Friday :)

CHANGELOG

Security
Fixed - Security Center FC is not responding. (POCO F1)
Fixed - Security app always shows notification. (POCO F1)

Volume
Fixed - Volume is automatically reduced when playing music. (Redmi Note 5 Pro)

Camera
New - Google Lens in supported devices

DELAYED DEVICES:
HM6Pro, MI8Lite, POCOF1, HMNote6Pro, HMNote3SE
My device mi 8 lite . Why not have update in my device? just 8.12.13 now , thank

Try custom TWRP or notice the TWRP message after flashing. It will allow TWRP to modify recovery (keep TWRP). Otherwise it will go back to stock recovery. Then you have to flash TWRP by fastboot.
I did installed TWRP again via adb. TWRP still don't work

Installed via TWRP 3.2.3 on MI 8 all working fine even the new google lens option on camera, ty for the update.

same error, help :(
same error mi8SE Constant bootloop into fastboot, and you can not get the twrp by adb fastboot boot twrp.img does not restart the twrp,
C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (25668 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.759s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.117s]
finished. total time: 0.879s
C:\adb>fastboot flash boot twrp.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot' (25668 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.769s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.118s]
finished. total time: 0.894s

C:\adb>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.002s

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
fastboot reboot
go back to fastboot, nothing does not start twrp

I can not believe,
Update it already solve it, miflah with rom dev china and save data option, then by adb meter twrp and put Eu rom with dalvik and cache, keep app and data

Last edited:
Reactions: icgm1989
Status
Not open for further replies.