Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redmi 5 Plus Vince.
Updated to 8.12.27 and my fingerprint unlocking is lagging.
Did clean davilk and cache and still lagging.
Anyone?

Not a good idea. You'll get loads of errors.
Not true. You may have errors, but it's not 100% that you will have. I'm the example. I flashed over a lot of custom rom an opengapps package when the rom had gapps preinstalled.

My MiMix2 lost 5G wifi signal after upgraded from 8.12.20 to 8.12.27.
only 2.4G access point showed in wifi list.

Not a good idea. You'll get loads of errors.

yeah I used the stock Gapps & got the message ''system partition full''
I tried the Aroma but that won't even go in the setup screen.
I can't initiate Google backup to restore my apps either, which is why I want to overwrite the existing package :/

yeah I used the stock Gapps & got the message ''system partition full''
I tried the Aroma but that won't even go in the setup screen.
I can't initiate Google backup to restore my apps either, which is why I want to overwrite the existing package :/

Hmm. Is there a way to delete google play ditecltly from loaded rom and just install google play from loaded rom instead of flashing aroma from twrp? I reckon it's more safe. I like this rom. Google play stoped ctashing on me with this rom but I'm having some problems downloading some apps. It says incompatible device. Any remedy?

Thanks

I'm on 8.12.27 on poco f1 after clean flash.. It's impossible to add a Google account or start Google setup as play services keeps crashing and showing a black screen.. I did factory reset twice.. also file manager is still crashing

I think there is a problem with webview in this version.. I was trying to find a fix for the play services problem with default browser and it suddenly crashed.. then the whole rom became very slow and unresponsive.. with a message popping up about webview.. I had to restart the phone.. this version is very buggy I'm returning to last one..

want to change the color temperature / saturation by changing the kernel. it seems that i need to root my mi6 first. how can i do so with this weekly rom?

Hi folks, how can I encrypt my phone with xiaomi eu?

Regards,
If u encrypt, maku sure to use latest TWRP, and remember you will have to manually fix a value in fstab.qcom file after each update.
There is also a flashable zip in the bugs section.
https://github.com/linusyang92/mipay-extract

Otherwise, you will be stuck.
My recommendation is to flash a developer room and recovery from Xiaomi, encrypt, install TWRP in fastboot, install ROM over the encrypted phone, and change the fstab file before booting to system.
Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Elder Feitosa
But if u flash, dont u "all" your data??
Or do you flashed without deleting data??
It's easy:

Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

You don't "loose" your data.

Xiaomi MI8SE bootloop after latest update

Guys...just like other guys on this board my MI8 SE is broken after the latest .27 update. I know this all the firmware (weekly) is experimental and try at your own risk but this i really bad. Can we figure out what to do so it's hopefully not necessary to do a full recovery. What I tried:

- Download the latest (and all other) TWRP version and install it trough USB cable with Fastboot.

This is resulting in the same issue over and over again. TWRP will not boot and the phone will always start in the FASTBOOT screen. Pressing up or down key had no effect during boot.

- fastboot boot recovery.img

This doesn't do anything and generates error message --> Failed to load/authenticate boot image: load error

___

So, is there anyone that found a solution for now and save us all some work and googling.

Thanks
Try to flash twrp 1227 from this post on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78538166&postcount=49

But if u flash, dont u "all" your data??
Or do you flashed without deleting data??
I flashed without deleting data. I install update choising option from updater. Choice install from zip file and then phone restart to TWRP. When I have some problem with update I install it stricte by TWRP and there I Choice vipe cach /dalvick

I flashed without deleting data. I install update choising option from updater. Choice install from zip file and then phone restart to TWRP. When I have some problem with update I install it stricte by TWRP and there I Choice vipe cach /dalvick
When updating weekly rom, install script does all necessary wipes automatically (including wipes of cache and dalvik). This was written by ingbrzy a few times and repeated many times here.
So additional wipes are not necessary. They do not hurt system but they are useless.

Reactions: Vergiliusz2
Please help.
My redmi note4 (mido) can't connect to the wifi WLAN frequency 5Ghz after install rom 8.12.27.

cant change display brightness with this rom, it is always full...(mi8) - its a magisk 18.0 fault..

Last edited:
One serious question, does anyone knows it have a link which are the Google lens supported devices?

Sent from my Jason using Tapatalk and mask

Status
Not open for further replies.