Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi team,

Thx for that new release! i am on Mi 8.

DefiNitly some issues with Hotspot, hardly visible and wont last very long before the other device loose signal.

I have seen that many other devices are impacted too.
I will revert to previous build.

Hope they will fix it in next release, cheers !
I have just revert back to 12.20 version, Hotspot is working again like a charm :)

On Minote 3, twrp 3.2.2, magisk 17.1-18.0, the device seams to be rooted, but I try to edit the hosts file who is located /etc/hosts and it doesn't let me, I can copy a file from there but I cannot move a file to there. Even adaway cannot copy the file. Do I need to root the phone with an other way, is it Miui 10.3 who changed so much that we cannot edit everything in the root?
I tried also to copy the file from /data/data to /etc in recovery, again it doesn't let me.
Am I the only one with this issue?

Hello guys!
I'm on mi max 3 6/128gb with stable china rom 10.0.3.0 . I get the information GetVar Variable Not found
Can I flash this MiUi version? It will active the anti roll back?
Thanks in advance!

I'm constantly getting the "new update available" notification. Every 20-30 minutes

I'm on RN5P (whyred)

1 - Your phone is encrypted and you're using an outdated TWRP that doesn't support decryption. Update for the official one
2 - The update message is because the Poco build has been changed thrice, thus there were three extra updates for us.

Is there official TWRP that supports decryption for Poco?

After going to this version, I had some errors on the Mi 6x as follows: - When you click on the post of new status on Facebook, Facebook is not working anymore. -The Youtube software has a rotating error, can't watch the video. -The machine does not automatically rotate the screen even though I do not turn it off. Hope to help fix the error from admin, thanks

GPS is not working in my Redmi 5 (Rosy) since a couple of weekly ROMs. Same with wheather app. Am I the only one?

Dears, i cant's install the update even if downloaded from ota due to impossible to mount storage error in TWRP. My mobile is Mi5X. Anyone know how to solve it without full format of phone? I tried removing pin and password. THanks for help.
Any One can support?

Inviato dal mio MI 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Can you explain a little more? How to install? thanks

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Flashing the TWRP Recovery Step by Step
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging
Different Android versions have different ways. Take Android 5.0 Lollipop as example. Other Android version please refer to How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android
  1. Click Menu button to enter into App drawer.
  2. Go to "Settings".
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "About phone" or "About tablet".
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the "About phone" and locate the "Build Number" field.
  5. Click Menu button to enter into APP Drawer.
  6. Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options. Tap a few times and you'll see a countdown that reads "You are now 3 steps away from being a developer."
  7. When you are done, you'll see the message "You are now a developer!".
  8. Tap the Back button and you'll see the Developer options menu under System on your Settings screen.
  9. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging. Tap the USB Debugging checkbox.
USB Debugging should only be enabled when you need it. Leaving it enabled all the time is kind of a security risk for that this mode grants you high-level access to your device.

Step 2: Boot into Andorid Bootloader.
Every phone is a bit different to another when booted into bootloader. But most of modern devices boot into bootloader by turning off the device, then hold the "Power" and "Volume Down" buttons for 10 seconds before releasing. If this method doesn't work well on your device, you had better refer to the Google instructions.
Step 3: Flash TWRP to Your Android Device.
  1. Connect your device to the PC with a USB cable once in bootloader mode. The device should indicate that the device is connected.
  2. Open the folder of twrp(Downloaded from link).img by using the mouse on the PC. "Shift+Right Click" on an empty area and choose "Open a Command Prompt Here".
  3. Run the command: fastboot devices. The command returns a serial number, indicating that it can recognize your device. If it doesn't, check which step you have done with mistakes.
  4. Flash the TWRP once the device is recognized by fastboot. And run the command:( fastboot flash recovery twrp filename(Downloaded from link).img.)
  5. Results of flashing. If all goes well, you will see a success message in Command Prompt window.
  6. In Command Prompt window : adb reboot.

Hmm. Is there a way to delete google play ditecltly from loaded rom and just install google play from loaded rom instead of flashing aroma from twrp? I reckon it's more safe. I like this rom. Google play stoped ctashing on me with this rom but I'm having some problems downloading some apps. It says incompatible device. Any remedy?

Thanks

No idea. I just want the stock package from Opengapps since it's overwrite the stock MIUI app. I hate having things that I rarely use :/

Thank you friend
Flashing the TWRP Recovery Step by Step
Step 1: Enable USB Debugging
Different Android versions have different ways. Take Android 5.0 Lollipop as example. Other Android version please refer to How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android
  1. Click Menu button to enter into App drawer.
  2. Go to "Settings".
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "About phone" or "About tablet".
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the "About phone" and locate the "Build Number" field.
  5. Click Menu button to enter into APP Drawer.
  6. Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options. Tap a few times and you'll see a countdown that reads "You are now 3 steps away from being a developer."
  7. When you are done, you'll see the message "You are now a developer!".
  8. Tap the Back button and you'll see the Developer options menu under System on your Settings screen.
  9. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging. Tap the USB Debugging checkbox.
USB Debugging should only be enabled when you need it. Leaving it enabled all the time is kind of a security risk for that this mode grants you high-level access to your device.

Step 2: Boot into Andorid Bootloader.
Every phone is a bit different to another when booted into bootloader. But most of modern devices boot into bootloader by turning off the device, then hold the "Power" and "Volume Down" buttons for 10 seconds before releasing. If this method doesn't work well on your device, you had better refer to the Google instructions.
Step 3: Flash TWRP to Your Android Device.
  1. Connect your device to the PC with a USB cable once in bootloader mode. The device should indicate that the device is connected.
  2. Open the folder of twrp(Downloaded from link).img by using the mouse on the PC. "Shift+Right Click" on an empty area and choose "Open a Command Prompt Here".
  3. Run the command: fastboot devices. The command returns a serial number, indicating that it can recognize your device. If it doesn't, check which step you have done with mistakes.
  4. Flash the TWRP once the device is recognized by fastboot. And run the command:( fastboot flash recovery twrp filename(Downloaded from link).img.)
  5. Results of flashing. If all goes well, you will see a success message in Command Prompt window.
  6. In Command Prompt window : adb reboot.

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Everything works great so far. The double tap option to lock screen is something I wanted for a long time :)
How do I use this new feature "double tap to lock screen"?
Is there some setting to activate?

Edit: found it in settings for launcher ...

Friends I have a problem in my MI8 with the last weekly version EU.
When I use the stock camera with the Xiaomi Selfie stick, the remote trigger does not take the picture, but moves to "short video" and does not take it.
I don't know if it's a problem only with this version or if it was presented from previous versions.
Has anyone solved this?

The last time I used the selfies stick was in the first week of December, when I had the rom 8.12.6v2.
If I am already in the 8.12.27 I could flash over it the 8.12.6v2 ?? or the antirollback protection could cause me problems??

Last edited:
Friends I have a problem in my MI8 with the last weekly version EU.
When I use the stock camera with the Xiaomi Selfie stick, the remote trigger does not take the picture, but moves to "short video" and does not take it.
I don't know if it's a problem only with this version or if it was presented from previous versions.
Has anyone solved this?

The last time I used the selfies stick was in the first week of December, when I had the rom 8.12.6v2.
If I am already in the 8.12.27 I could flash over it the 8.12.6v2 ?? or the antirollback protection could cause me problems??
No antirollback, but if you changed Android OS version then a clean flash is needed.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

1 - Your phone is encrypted and you're using an outdated TWRP that doesn't support decryption. Update for the official one
2 - The update message is because the Poco build has been changed thrice, thus there were three extra updates for us.
Hello!
Thanks for the info, i have the official TWRP from the TWRP app flashed that came out a few days ago... that is why looked weird for me, anyways.
I did the update when it popped up the first time and the device became unresponsive and apps didn't work saying that it are not available for my region. Anyways i will not flash again the new update, I'll wait for the next one the other Saturday.

Yes, that is all. But granting root (installing Magisk) is not necessary. Depends on your using behaviour. With this I mean what you want to do with your phone.

Battery and ScreenOnTime depends on device.

Sorry for taking a long time to answer, thanks for answering.
I was talking about my pocophone f1, does the latest actulization improve the battery? I read that I had problems ...

Status
Not open for further replies.