Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tencent detects more rubbish compared to Clean Master so Tencent seems more effective in cleaning...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
so clearly do you recommend the Tencent in Xiaomi's ?? why the clean master is set by system default?

I just shared my own experience....
You can not change the ringtone in the settings .. it has a bug. please solve this
5670408d9659aa4798e39de12818d3c0.jpg

Any howto to update MI5 from Android 7 weekly to oreo? Or just flash with twrp?

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

You can find below known Mi5 Oreo issues summarized (might be Oreo builds for other devices also affected), so no need to posting repeatedly all the time the same issue:

1. In split screen mode scrolling for second app in recent apps tray causes system UI FC
2. No vibrate no sound for Tapatalk notifications
3. Additional settings > Privacy > Managed device info: most of the options cant be opened under this menu
4. Quick card > Notes: Chinese text visible
5. Security app > Data > Top Up: Chinese texts visible
6. No vibrate for Gmail notifications, there is only sound
7. Gmail > Settings > account@gmail.com > Manage notifications: Vibrate and Blink light options always switch back to disabled after exiting menu
8. Gmail > Settings > account@gmail.com > Manage notifications: "On the lock screen" option cant be opened
9. Settings > Sound & Vibration: Ringtone and notification sounds options lead to pre-installed system themes instead of sound options
10. Mixed system animation speed settings (opening folders animation is faster, opening app animation is slower)

Last edited:
Tested on Mi5 Oreo and it works for me. Checked with both cleaner definition Tencent and Clean master. Maybe device specific issue...

a0ddcd258385c9955080fae5ad4a0054.jpg

I have this bug on Mi 5s (cleanmaster) but not with the Redmi 3s which works correctly. So yup, device specific issue.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

9.2.1 of Redmi 4X states (Stable) with S in capital letter. and then (stable) with no capital letter in about check for updates ;p I like perfection! You?

Removed from official global builds temporary due to copyright issues (European countries affected). Kate is based on global build...

Edit your Build.prop search for ro.miui.region=PL and change to ro.miui.region=US reboot and you are done

Mi4c. Everything seems to be working fine. The exception beeing the theme rederection when trying to change a ringtone or notification sound.

Reactions: mrcalleja
Updated MI5 from 8.1.25 to 8.3.2 Oreo and i have an issue with proximity sensor
- when i want to unlock as soon as i touch the screen I have a message " Do not cover proximity sensor area" and I have to press Vol+ & Back,
being able to enter my pin code
Screenshot_2018-03-02-23-47-46-125_com.anddoes.launcher.png
- If I made a phone call, screen turrn black, same thing if I answer a phone call
If someone know how to deactivate that sensor ? or another idea ?
I think flash back a Nougat rom is not possible... or is it ?

Edit: I don't have anything in front of that sensor of course, neither my fingers or a protective screen :)

The battery bar doesn't seem to show correctly in this version. At least, not the color. It is all black, on a dark wallpaper is impossible to notice

Updated MI5 from 8.1.25 to 8.3.2 Oreo and i have an issue with proximity sensor
- when i want to unlock as soon as i touch the screen I have a message " Do not cover proximity sensor area" and I have to press Vol+ & Back,
being able to enter my pin code
View attachment 18347
- If I made a phone call, screen turrn black, same thing if I answer a phone call
If someone know how to deactivate that sensor ? or another idea ?
I think flash back a Nougat rom is not possible... or is it ?

Edit: I don't have anything in front of that sensor of course, neither my fingers or a protective screen :)

I am having the same problem after Oreo update.

Calibrating sensor in cit settings solves the issue up until next reboot where the proximity sensor values revert to default.

Updated from nougat with a clean install (wipe everything).

Thanks for the Oreo rom

PS: To deactivate, i believe the setting is "pocket mode" in lockscreen advanced settings

Redmi 4 Pro, when trying to change ringtone, it redirected to theme, try to clean install, problem still there

do you go the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*? Previous rom if it goes this new one does not go screen it looks black

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberto Filho
Have you found a fix? I'm on Mi 4C xiaomi.eu weekly 8.3.1 and I get /system could not be mounted error if I try to flash xposed or other zips I usually use.
After installation from TWRP 3.2, I got a red error message, saying Unable to mount storage. I booted the system and everything went smoothly. After a while, I flashed Magisk 16 from TWRP, with the same error at the end but the rooting process was successful (superuser is enabled and working).

This latest xiaomi.eu weekly is the only one that messes with something in /system, I had no problems with other versions.
Hey guys,

I've met exactly this issue for only the latest 8.3.1. Is it anything that I need to worry about? Anyway it got installed and seen as 8.3.1 even though the mount error occurred during the installation.

Thanks Nexusslcd !!Removing the pocket only solved the unlock problem, but the screen was still black during calls.
Calibration in CIT made it - no more unlock trouble nor black screen during calls nor unlocking issues... until next reboot or next update.

thanks for Oreo

Guys,

I noticed that 8.3.1 has implicitly improved the gesture swiping down to up by reducing its sensitivity. This helps us a lot to avoid triggering this gesture when we work with the keyboard or something nearby the bottom edge.

Hello! I have problems with the last update xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote2_8.3.1_v9-7.0. When I enter the option "Sound and vibration" and I want to change the tone of the phone or message received, I will go to the "themes" option. If someone can tell me the damage, I would appreciate it. Thank you very much.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.