8.3.29 V2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Redmi Pro had a ln update for Android 8.0. it's such a good phone with an old android...
In the meantime, autocorrect it's not working when I click the right word and the notifications bar doesn't show any notification although there are new notifications...

I have MI5C with 8.3.29 v2
I got blank screen after change the theme, and can't enter the system, after several time trying to resolve it, the trouble came from the lockscreen. i have 2 Solutions for blank screen after change the Theme.
First (for root and no root system)
Go to TWRP (do this after change theme and you got blank screen after lock it)
I used version 3.2.1-0
File Manager
Data
System
Theme
Lockscreen
And click Delete
Reboot and
Done. ;)

Second (For root system)
After Change theme, please don't Lock your phone. You must do this :
Go to File manager (Solid explorer, root explorer, es file explorer, etc. that support for root system)
Root
Data
System
Theme

lockscreen --> delete this

Done

Now you can lock and unlock your phone safely :)

Please see my screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-01-09-50-08-283_pl.solidexplorer2.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-01-09-50-08-283_pl.solidexplorer2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
@ingbrzy Since V2 only in German language Crash the Galerie/Persons and at Start KLO Bugreport
Before with 8.3.29 there was no problem only V2
2018-03-31 22.53.35.png 2018-03-31 22.53.22.png 2018-03-31 22.52.50.png

Last edited:
Thank you for your great work. I have a MI4s and it seems the system caller app is missing the option to turn on identify unknown numbers. I am in china and get a lot of spam callers. Is it possible to have the option please.

Hi.
With Redmi 4X Mtk (helio x20, so I use Nikel rom) the notifications are bugged.
With a lot of apps, like Telegram, Whatsapp or others, the notification is shown for about half a second (maybe even less), and then it disappears from the notifications bar, so no usable notifications on the end.
Same phone and no problems here.
(I don't use Telegram)

Hi.
With Redmi 4X Mtk (helio x20, so I use Nikel rom) the notifications are bugged.
With a lot of apps, like Telegram, Whatsapp or others, the notification is shown for about half a second (maybe even less), and then it disappears from the notifications bar, so no usable notifications on the end.

Weird, I use Telegram on my Mi Note 2 with 8.3.29 V2 and the notification stays there until I decide to remove it. You might want to check your notification settings to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

Have now unlocked the bootloader in my (wife's?o_O) new Mi Note 2, formated data and wiped everything, and flashed the last android 7 weekly 8.3.26.

The TWRP referenced from here is Psymans TWRP, by the way - same md5 hash. Worked fine.

Everything seems to work, did a Mi Mover from my Mi Mix1 that only brought over half my apps and settings.:(

No problems with the ROM I think, I'm just not used to the Note 2 - the screen and home button I find, well - peculiar.:confused:
Oh, and the back camera does not work well with the camera2.api - posted about that in the Note 2 thread.

I'll let this settle down and consider the Android 8 in a day or two.

I now went ahead and flashed 8.3.29 Android 8 on the Mi Note 2.
Removed screen locks, stopped the "find phone" thing.
Took a full backup via TWRP first, copied that to a disk on the router, and then did a simple wipe cache/dalwik only and flashed it.

It booted with no problem, but was as after a factory reset except that all my files were still there,
So I thought "now we will play stupid" and I restored the data partition only from the TWRP backup, as the Mi Mover does not work well.

And it worked!
All my apps and settings are back, just as they were in the Xiaomi.eu 8.3.26 android 7.
I have yet to find anything that does not work, no lags or other problems.
Of course I rebooted about 4 times directly first.

Am now running benchmarks, etc., before my wife gets it.

Reactions: bigrr
I installed the v2 version for mi mix 2 oreo I'm sure it is the good one because I deleted the old zip and checked time and date of the v2 zip but did get the yellow page stopped error warning now ... Was the v2 not to supposed to fix this??

I installed the v2 version for mi mix 2 oreo I'm sure it is the good one because I deleted the old zip and checked time and date of the v2 zip but did get the yellow page stopped error warning now ... Was the v2 not to supposed to fix this??

The changelog said that the Yellow Pages crash has been fixed for *some* users so if you're still getting crashes after a proper install or update, file a bug in the bugs section with the appropriate logs attached :)

Status
Not open for further replies.