Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battery drain faster for many different devices with this update you need to fix it really fast because it's boring ...

Hi, first of all, thanks for the hard work you do.

I have a problem when installing SuperSU. I reboot to recovery and install SuperSU from there. After rebooting it goes directly to fast boot and then keeps bootlooping in that mode. I have solved the problem by reinstalling the ROM again, but I would like to install root access properly.

Any idea of what am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Reactions: iamlloyds
Battery drain is common problem. On all devices with this rom.
Try reinstall with vipe cache and apt/dalvic. If no results - full wipe
Thanks for the response. I think I'll wait a bit for tomorrow's weekly just in case it works better. If memory serves correctly, I've upgraded to MIUI 9 from MIUI 8, so perhaps a clean install will improve things, but I'm really hesitant to have to spend a few hours again for reinstalling apps. Is the latest stable any better with battery?

Hi, first of all, thanks for the hard work you do.

I have a problem when installing SuperSU. I reboot to recovery and install SuperSU from there. After rebooting it goes directly to fast boot and then keeps bootlooping in that mode. I have solved the problem by reinstalling the ROM again, but I would like to install root access properly.

Any idea of what am I doing wrong?

Thank you

hi you! do have Lazyflasher also installed?
if not search for lazyflasher it prevents the bootloop (dm verity or some kind of thibgs)

@ingbrzy
Would be helpful for absolutely beginners,
If the MIUI function "factory data reset" would give TWRP the action to wipe and restart.
Everytime a novice asked me about factory reset, I have to explain what he have to do in the Recovery. Because after execute "factory data reset" the phone only boots in recovery and nothing more happens. For novice it's not self explanatory ;-)

Just wanted to point out the issues I am having on 8.3.8 Mi5 after wiping and formatting for the second time, for other users thinking of migrating to Oreo.

1. Proximity sensor needs calibrating upon every reboot. After that it works fine.
2. Battery lasts approximately 20% less than on Nougat.
3. Screen retention (LG display) is much worse than on Nougat. I am using cf.lumen to balance the colors and on Oreo I have to turn down the intensity much lower in order to avoid ghosting.
4. Mi remote is acting up sometimes
5. I like the ROM :)

BTW if anyone is interested, Full screen gestures are working fine on Mi5 if you follow this guide:. https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4/how-to/iphone-x-guestures-redmi-note-4mido-t3762568

Just wanted to point out the issues I am having on 8.3.8 Mi5 after wiping and formatting for the second time, for other users thinking of migrating to Oreo.

1. Proximity sensor needs calibrating upon every reboot. After that it works fine.
2. Battery lasts approximately 20% less than on Nougat.
3. Screen retention (LG display) is much worse than on Nougat. I am using cf.lumen to balance the colors and on Oreo I have to turn down the intensity much lower in order to avoid ghosting.
4. Mi remote is acting up sometimes
5. I like the ROM :)

BTW if anyone is interested, Full screen gestures are working fine on Mi5 if you follow this guide:. https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4/how-to/iphone-x-guestures-redmi-note-4mido-t3762568

Proximity sensor after calibrating sometime back to bug again

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

@ingbrzy
Would be helpful for absolutely beginners,
If the MIUI function "factory data reset" would give TWRP the action to wipe and restart.
Everytime a novice asked me about factory reset, I have to explain what he have to do in the Recovery. Because after execute "factory data reset" the phone only boots in recovery and nothing more happens. For novice it's not self explanatory ;-)
which device?

Hi! Sorry to read that. The problem is not with our sd cards, but with miui. I am sure. My card works perfectly, both on my Xiaomi (in spite of that stupid notification) and on other devices(mobiles, music players, etc...). And the same happens to other guys who post here the same notification issue. Another issue is with notification's led in whatsapp. But that's another story, I am not sure if it's because of miui, or because of Whatsapp itself (just read on Google Play all the complains about the app and its notifications. It might be a problem between Whatsapp and Nougat).
Yesterday I formatted my sd using the phone. So far the notification has not shown up again. But it is still too soon. I think it will show up again just whenever it will.

Hello.

I wonder...
this ROM release (which is not 9.6 like this beta, of course):
xiaomi.eu_multi_HM5Plus_V9.5.1.0.NEGCNFA_v9-7.1.zip
is the latest stable version for Redmi 5Plus...

If I install this ROM (clean or via OTA)... could I get rid of this issue? probably right?

stable vs. beta... I wondero_O

Hi, I am glad that both phones are running smoothly. That's why I do not want to do any experiments!
So in the end did you manage to roll back to a previous version ?
in my case switched back to 8.2.1 that had no issues and excellent battery life.

When is the 8.3.15 for MI6 going to be released on sourgeforge? I see it has been published for some devices already but not for MI6 yet.
Currently wiped everything on my device and waiting for 8.3.15 to arrive :D

EDIT: Published on AFH :p

When is the 8.3.15 for MI6 going to be released on sourgeforge? I see it has been published for some devices already but not for MI6 yet.
Currently wiped everything on my device and waiting for 8.3.15 to arrive :D

EDIT: Published on AFH :p
it could also be suspended, it will be there when it is ready.
I understand you are so in a hurry that you already wiped all ... relax !
;);););)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.