Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One plus has its problems also .I had the One plus 2 .It only got one major update .They promised that it would get nougat .year later it was no its not getting nougat .And it also was full of bugs . When it was stable on marshmellow they stopped providing it with updates .It didnt even get one security update after the last release .

And i have a MI MIX .Better one that works and wait a week longer .Than a rom full of bugs and other problems . And another thing .OP doesnt give you weekly updates as far as i know . So your new OP doesnt get the latest security updates fast .Although the were faster with updating the 3t to oreo as my mix did .

OP delivers each month a stable, certified rom. There are also beta roms available to test new features about twice a month. MIUI does every quarter if lucky.
MIUI have more features, that explains the slowdown and is also prone to more bugs.
Now we cannot compare the dev teams, it is up to the brands to staff correctly to match this target. OP have very few models to support but depends on Oppo, xiaomi starts to be a big provider that makes the best in mid range phones, imho their high ends are just behind OP as of now.

I strongly beleive that without oneplus going fast on oreo, xiaomi would have not moved their legacy high end devices to it, at least for the beta rom.
As of today, only Mi6 and mi mix2 are stable on oreo 8.0, others are beta roms they are just slower.

System fluidity improved on Redmi Note 5 China!!!!
Happy for the 8.4.19.....!!!
Thx devs
Redmi 5: Great improvements . Crash of contacts fixed. No reset for settings after rebooting or power off. Still using 3rd party themes and face recognition too.
Hi,
I have been facing the error com.android.phone despite build version.
The performance is indeed better but my phone keeps losing signal several times a day.
I wonder if in some point you faced this issue as it is pretty noticeable and annoying.
Already clean installed the rom and did not solve.
Thanks.
(Redmi Note 5 China)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bottle
We add langs + gapps.. So we are bigger than china roms..
That's fine but Juanpolan idea to put pico or micro Gapps in roms instead of the full package is not bad at all to save space, if it is viable of course.

Last edited:
That's fine but Juanpolan idea to put pico or micro Gapps in roms instead of the full package is not bad at all to save space, if it is viable of course.
no its not micro gapps but microg, its FOSS replacement for play service, its small size and not battery eater also privacy friendly

like i said it will be better to remove browser email music and other apps that can be downloaded from store, most custom rom do this

also remove 3rd party unified flat icon only system icon is needed it will look good with limitless theme

no its not micro gapps but microg, its FOSS replacement for play service, its small size and not battery eater also privacy friendly

like i said it will be better to remove browser email music and other apps that can be downloaded from store, most custom rom do this

also remove 3rd party unified flat icon only system icon is needed it will look good with limitless theme
I like this apps... If You want install another customs.
Its Miui, if You want Aosp look and apps, juat install.
Xiaomi.eu its bigger than china because China have only 5 languages and this is reason, not that what You say.

I like this apps... If You want install another customs.
Its Miui, if You want Aosp look and apps, juat install.
Xiaomi.eu its bigger than china because China have only 5 languages and this is reason, not that what You say.

nah u don't get it. its solution for cancro overloaded system partition, of course u can still instal miui apps apkmirror

global dev for cancro is also delayed because this

I detected a bug now on my kenzo. I received a phone call and the phone restarted. 8.4.19 PT/PT language.

Working fine on Mi Max1 Prime (helium), no problems installing, simple wipe.
This is not my main phone anymore, will not be testing extensively.

Cannot do Mi Note 3, my wife has it now.
Will have to eventually migrate her to a stable version I suppose, no hurry, weekly 8.4.4 running fine.

Only "problem" for her is that the Xiaomi.eu Russian translation is apparently quite different from that in Xiaomis official Global Stable, which she still has on her Redmi Note 4.

I hadn't thought to check that before handing the phone over to her, but no real problems.

In China's MIUI ROM, it say that Mi 4c can support the LTE dual SIM dual active and dual standby.
However, I can't use it. By the way, my telecommunication provider use band B2 C2 C5 D2 D4

I did, but without luck

Even verified checksum on both sides and the all match up. I feel like the update script might be having issues

If you're rooted, could you pass me your /system/lib/libbluetooth_jni.so?

I got Bluetooth to work by unpacking the 8.4.19 update system_new.dat and extracting the bluetooth.apk

Then on my Mi MIX I removed the Bluetooth system app and installed the extracted Bluetooth.apk. then I moved the Bluetooth app from user app to system app

Now Bluetooth working :)!

Could it be that my encrypted /data partition is causing issues with updates?

This week's seems like a good one for the Note 4X (mido). The phone definitely feels smoother and the battery like is much better than in the previous one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matzl
Status
Not open for further replies.