Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Might be because my phone was imported from china.
I fixed it ! If you can only choose china under region you have to flash the latest global developer/stable rom using the fastboot method in MiFlash. (Clean All option). You'll have to flash TWRP again, but it's worth it as i can now choose as many regions as a like and face unlocking works !

Great WORK, everything works fine...
TWRP twrp-3.2.1-raupe-blunden-15.1-vendor-fstab installed 3rd try, but works fine
updated to 8.4.4 straight on with no wiping and everything smooth and with no lags or bugs, for now

great work for MI MIX

Thanks guys
Can u give me the link for twrp 3.2.1 raupe? Im still using twrp mr. Tomatico

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Okay but when you try to open for example proshot in raw mode it seems to be an error with camera2api so camera doesnt work at all. Here is the log
java.lang.NullPointerException:
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:107)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:10)
at android.hardware.camera2.ICameraDeviceUser$Stub$Proxy.createStream(Unknown Source:32)
at android.hardware.camera2.impl.ICameraDeviceUserWrapper.createStream(Unknown Source:2)
at android.hardware.camera2.impl.CameraDeviceImpl.configureStreamsChecked(Unknown Source:386)
at android.hardware.camera2.impl.CameraDeviceImpl.createCaptureSessionInternal(Unknown Source:61)
at android.hardware.camera2.impl.CameraDeviceImpl.createCaptureSession(Unknown Source:39)
at com.riseupgames.proshot2.a.b(Unknown Source:223)
at com.riseupgames.proshot2.a.a(Unknown Source:0)
at com.riseupgames.proshot2.a$14.onOpened(Unknown Source:1712)
at android.hardware.camera2.impl.CameraDeviceImpl$1.run(Unknown Source:38)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:139)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

I just can't start proshot at all. It crashes wherever I try to start the application

Update my Mi5s but face recognition is gone. Changing my region in Miui Account setting is an option not available as the keyboard doesn't come out. Get back to previous version (8.3.22) as the recent weekly roms look like a downgrade to me. Thanks for your efforts anyway. I'm still convinced that it is the case to test well a rom before giving it to public, what would it change for people waiting till friday or saturday? Better wait 1 or 2 days more and publicing a well tested rom than anticipate this on Thursday having this mess of changing region, mount a partition, clear it and so on.
This my 2 cents by the way.
China roms are susspended Public. Close beta in china beta team ( non public) it was this week from Monday to Wednesday and not as usual until Thursday. Hence, Xiaomi.eu and previously released a non-public beta. Users of China Miui and Global Miui are still 8.3.29 and must wait until the Thursday issue in close beta team china / global - 12/04/2018 and public release on Friday 13.04 and it will be 8.4.12. This week, the Chinese have a holiday and therefore they only released non-public roms in which only a few bugs have been corrected, and the fact that Xiaomi.eu has published it publicly is another matter.

The only "region" I found is in Miui account settings but as I wrote before it doesn't give me the option to change it.
Its not same settings. In Mi account region You can only change on Miui 8, on Miui 9 and on web i.mi.com this option is lock.

Click "search" in Miui and write region, show option, and change there.

Reactions: barbuti17
I fixed it ! If you can only choose china under region you have to flash the latest global developer/stable rom using the fastboot method in MiFlash. (Clean All option). You'll have to flash TWRP again, but it's worth it as i can now choose as many regions as a like and face unlocking works !
Because You have Global Miui now not Xiaomi.eu. In Global we have many regions. On China Miui regions are lock, and we have only China (default system). Xiaomi.eu base on China Miui not a Global and this is reason. If You have only China region on Xiaomi.eu roms You must do what write @ingbrzy.
Wipe cust or download reuploaded new rom Xiaomi.eu and just install from Twrp.
No need a flash via Miflash.

Redmi note 3 pro, don't show the icon on the notification bar. After I swipe down, here is the all notification, but on the bar dont show anything icon.

Reactions: skomo
Auto brightness does not work. When you manually move the brightness slider in auto brightness mode, it returns to the middle of the bar.
Xiaomi mi5
Sorry for my english.
Thanks for rom

Status
Not open for further replies.