8.7.12 v2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hm i found this to check if the handy has the Anti Rollback "Feature"
-------------------------
HOW TO CHECK ARB?
There is a way to check if our device has ARB or not . First of all thanks to sunny mk (beta team) for telling me this method.

Download ADB drivers on your PC.
Go to fast boot mode by powering of device and hold volume down and lock buttons.

Connect phone to pc in fastboot mode and type " fastboot getvar anti " in CMD

if it returns the value anti : 4
then our device has ARB or else not.

yes same here slower download because we are many are downloading right now hahhaa

Redmi Note 5 AI user here, thanks for ur work on this rom, i found that 8.7.12 has bugs that prevents some apps from launching (mx player for example, this is a new bug, not in 8.7.5), and i get notifications about apps stopping even if i didnt launch them (chrome for example, also new bug, maybe related to first bug). theres also one more bug about "MF_TEST has stopped"(this bug also in 8.7.5) that always appears when i unplug my earphones.

UPDATE: after rebooting several times, the first two bugs doesnt appear anymore? MF TEST bug is still there though, luckily i took screenshots of the bug reports for the above 2 bugs that disappeared, let me know if ya need them.

Last edited:
Updated through updater app. Running smoothly so far.
for updating from redmi 5 plus 9.6 by Xiaomi.eu 8.4.26 beta, do i need to wipe delvik/cache? Or just installing through updater app will be okay?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Hi @ingbrzy!

Excuse me but I have a doubt...

When I use xiaomi.eu Rom for my mido (redmi note 4 SD) my speaker in calls the contact hear me very low but when I use a global stock based rom my speaker in calls works normally and the contact hear me fine...

Sorry my bad English and thanks in advance...

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Why I can't download it and always having an error of server busy?
I'm on redmi note 4x.
Does it have portrait mode?
When installing files same as Chinese build?. Thank s. Gonna try it tonight

Is it ok just to format cache&dvalik for v10 coming from v9.6on a HM4X (redmi 4x) ?
Or is it necessary to format data too ?

Thanks a lot @ingbrzy it's fixed google play store certified
0f24ff2506e7747a1579fc9fbd802cd4.jpg

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

Thanks For This... but i have a problem with the notification light when i receive a message thru fb messenger the notif light is green but i set it to be white im using mido thanks again <3

I want to install a fresh OS on mi5 because the phone so lag. Please tell me how to, Thank.
enter TWRP, wipe all, install 8.7.12 EU ROM, it's ok?

Last edited:
Hi ingbrzy
I'm glad that my Redmi Note 4x finally can receive the MIUI 10 update, but there're still some problems:
1. Full screen gestures: Can't swipe from the bottom to back to Home, only back gesture is available
2. Where are AI portrait for back and front camera? I can't find them in the camera app
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
update done. no new problem. only problem is still the double counter when receiving a single whatsapp message. i also can not find the new AI setting in the camera. mix1 device.

Reactions: vainroma
Hi ingbrzy,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide some clarifications for this antirollback feature that was introduced for note 5 ai/pro, perhaps a new post regarding this would also be good.
So i was on eu builds for a while now, starting 8.6.28, ive updated twice, to this latest rom and i checked my ARB status using fastboot and its at 4, which apparently means the ARB is now active on my phone, my twrp seems to be still ok.

my questions are:
If i flash an official Global/China rom which will overwrite my recovery, will i be able to return to EU roms? im afraid that i might not be able to reinstall twrp.
How about custom roms? it seems that the rollback feature checks the security updates or does it check the rom version itself?, so if i flash a custom rom with older patch, say May security patch, instead of June, which is applied to our current build, will i brick my device?
Can i still update my twrp recovery?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobben
Status
Not open for further replies.