8.7.12 v2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, just tried to install V2 on my Mi8 (unlocked the bootloader just before) but the phone was stucked in a bootloop or just something like that. I waited 10 minutes but nothing happend then after searching in google I tried a advanced wipe with everything expect the internal storage and installing the rom for the third time but still waiting for 15 minutes in the boot now .. I have TWRP 3.2.2-0703 can anyone help me please?

Reactions: AD@China
hello, just tried to install V2 on my Mi8 (unlocked the bootloader just before) but the phone was stucked in a bootloop or just something like that. I waited 10 minutes but nothing happend then after searching in google I tried a advanced wipe with everything expect the internal storage and installing the rom for the third time but still waiting for 15 minutes in the boot now .. I have TWRP 3.2.2-0703 can anyone help me please?
If I were you I would start again from scratch. Install developer global rom using miflash. Then do it all over again. Unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, wipe everything, copy xiaomi.eu ROM to your phone and flash it using TWRP.

Enviado do meu MIX 2S através do Tapatalk

Reactions: Derko
I was told yesterday that it was possible to install *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* with this new update but apparently it isn't :( Can anyone confirm?

I have RN4X (mido) with root (magisk 16.4) with camera2api added manually and I installed a module in magisk to activate the same camera2api.

I have the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* installed "GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V7.9.9", the application opens but the screen always turns black. I can configure the application but, the screen always keeps black

Reactions: Chookie
If I were you I would start again from scratch. Install developer global rom using miflash. Then do it all over again. Unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, wipe everything, copy xiaomi.eu ROM to your phone and flash it using TWRP.

I think it's not necessary. I waited to unlock bootloader, then flashed TWRP, then flashed eu rom inside TWRP. Working fine. I was on global rom.(Wiped all except internal storage).
Maybe you need to restart TWRP before you install rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Those are the pop-up notifications. Not the same thing. And that's only a half solution for WhatsApp. Doesn't solve all the other notifications.
I know that, but there is no other way. The same is on china dev so it is not fault xiaomi.eu.

Reactions: Arincu
I think it's not necessary. I waited to unlock bootloader, then flashed TWRP, then flashed eu rom inside TWRP. Working fine. I was on global rom.(Wiped all except internal storage).
Maybe you need to restart TWRP before you install rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

thank you for your answers! I was on the china rom before (original Mi 8 9.5 OCEANF or something like that). I will try to reinstall TWRP again and do everything from the begininng .. after the third install of the Global from here TWRP asked if I'm sure to restart because there is no ROM installed .. just in case if I need a new stable rom - with which tool i can get this developer ROM for the Mi 8? Just found a release from 2017 where the Mi 8 is not supported? Thank you!

I tried to install the latest ROM on my MI 5s from Resurrection Remix ROM. I get bootloop. Obviously after a clean flash with TWRP.
Anyone with the same problem?

Google Location History is not working when I try to turn it on both on Google Fit or Maps someone else got this problem?
dd68ec50ed3a6397836ca24a112e84b5.jpg

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes I have and more users

Reactions: stivy73
v2 shows lockscreen for a small time gap when i attempt to unlock the phone via fingerprint. For mi6, V1 doesnt look like that

thank you for your answers! I was on the china rom before (original Mi 8 9.5 OCEANF or something like that). I will try to reinstall TWRP again and do everything from the begininng .. after the third install of the Global from here TWRP asked if I'm sure to restart because there is no ROM installed .. just in case if I need a new stable rom - with which tool i can get this developer ROM for the Mi 8? Just found a release from 2017 where the Mi 8 is not supported? Thank you!
Miflash https://xiaomimiflashtool.com

Here is a tutorial for miflash using bootloader: http://en.miui.com/thread-81315-1-1.html
Just make sure you download the right version for you phone.

If you hold volume down and power buttons you will get your phone into bootloader. After you just need to flash developer rom. Once your are there you do everything from scratch. We can help you on the way

Miflash https://xiaomimiflashtool.com

Here is a tutorial for miflash using bootloader: http://en.miui.com/thread-81315-1-1.html
Just make sure you download the right version for you phone.

If you hold volume down and power buttons you will get your phone into bootloader. After you just need to flash developer rom. Once your are there you do everything from scratch. We can help you on the way

Hi There,

Thanks for helping, I am also in the same situation (XM8 Boot loop) with TWRP 3.2.2.
When you say wipe everything, is it from TWRP ? Is the one by default (where you swap the bar) or do you need to go to advanced and check more options ?

I have basically done it all over from scratch (DEV ROM --> UBL --> TWRP install, Wipe by default, Install new MIUI EU rom) but still locked in this endless boot loop ;(
This is the 1st time I having this issue with a Mi phone (I had a lot), I m not sure what else to do, damn.....

Hi There,

Thanks for helping, I am also in the same situation (XM8 Boot loop) with TWRP 3.2.2.
When you say wipe everything, is it from TWRP ? Is the one by default (where you swap the bar) or do you need to go to advanced and check more options ?

I have basically done it all over from scratch (DEV ROM --> UBL --> TWRP install, Wipe by default, Install new MIUI EU rom) but still locked in this endless boot loop ;(
This is the 1st time I having this issue with a Mi phone (I had a lot), I m not sure what else to do, damn.....

After installing TWRP you need to WIPE DATA. Thats a little bit more than the normal wipe. But that will erase EVERYTHING on your phone. So after erasing, you need to copy the RIGHT xiaomi.eu ROM to your phone using your computer (Ive always have had problems with windows 10 so i use WINDOWS 8 for this) and flash the rom after its copied. 1st boot takes a bit longer but it works like a charm.

I found some mistakes on my MI-4C:

After the clean installation, I see my provider on the left, the signals on the right. After Restor DATA only the signal, because I have chosen short names, no kind of connection.
View attachment 19303
I think that's a "feature" of Miui 10.

Switch off WLAN and you will see the speed (3G, 4G..).
Provider Name is still only visible in the lockscreen.

I have problem with battery charge ,only charge to 97%

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

It is writen so often in the last weekly threads, but no one reads carefully: Wipe is not enough, format data is necessary when coming from another ROM or there is an Android base update.
@ingbrzy : Could you please update your first post with this hint to format data?

Status
Not open for further replies.