8.7.12 v2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you guys bring back the "show on lock screen" toggle on Notifications & Status bar settings? Anyone can exploit this to turn off gps even if they can't unlock my phone. It is a very big problem
I already did, and it works perfectly (only when you use a secure lock screen). Will be available in the next public release, which isn't far away. :)

it is possible for you to add the various functions / improvements ... which are: Battery optimization, Rom and Ram memory (maybe add a few MB more) speed of openings of the app (both in the closed and in the opening, that switching from one app to the other) improve / optimize the night-time photos of the Xiaomi smartphone (Mi 8) like that of the Huawei P20 Pro 4K video recording at 60 FPS increase the brightness defualt (instead of 444ppi carrying at 521 ppi ...) exceed the brightness limit (if maximum is 444ppi, I would like to exceed this limit) as happened in the Samsung smartphone introduce 2 speakers (instead of mono, dual speakers) increase in volume both in calls, both hands-free, and multimedia files ... improve the zoom (from 1x to 8x, without losing quality, neither graining photos and / or video) introduce new gesture (falcotativo) zoom out and / or zoom in on Notch (so you can put 3 or 4 notification icons instead, put 6 or 7 notification icons) as you know in your smartphone: Oneplus 6 P.S: you can take it easy, maybe carrying a part of the optimization / improvement ... at a time thank you for your hard work
Do we look like magicians to you?

Hi guys! Just upgraded my MI6 from a clean flash (wiped everything) from xiaomi.eu 8.6.28 (I think). When the phone boots up, the lockscreen appears, and as soon as I unlock the device, an application crashes. The application should be "Usa per Impostazio..." (italian language) but then I can't read anymore because of the font settings. If I try to do anything else, for instance to check the details of the crash, the phone goes back to the lock screen. And this behavior repeats no matter what I am trying to do.

I have attached a screenshot to better explain...

I am wondering if anyone else has already seen such a behavior.

Thanks a lot.
Max.

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_103824.jpg
    IMG_20180719_103824.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 321
Hi guys! Just upgraded my MI6 from a clean flash (wiped everything) from xiaomi.eu 8.6.28 (I think). When the phone boots up, the lockscreen appears, and as soon as I unlock the device, an application crashes. The application should be "Usa per Impostazio..." (italian language) but then I can't read anymore because of the font settings. If I try to do anything else, for instance to check the details of the crash, the phone goes back to the lock screen. And this behavior repeats no matter what I am trying to do.

I am wondering if anyone else has already seen such a behavior.

Thanks a lot.
Max.
Did you redownload the ROM and tried reflashing it?

Did you redownload the ROM and tried reflashing it?
Not yet, I have the file on the phone, is there an MD5/SHA1 signature I can check to see if the file is correct? I upgraded using the regular update process, from the settings menu.

thanks
Max.

PS: I added the screenshot below in case you missed it

Attachments

• IMG_20180719_103824.jpg
    IMG_20180719_103824.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 273
can anybody help me. My device is Redmi 5 plus (vince). After the 8.7.12 update my phone keeps flickering at lockscreen. I can't use it anymore. Please help asap

Updated to latest v2 ROM today on my Mi4C.
Got the same as above. Power button menu works fine but lockscreen is flickering.
Can't access to launcher and can not use any apps.
Davik cache/cache wipe doesn't help.

Any advice how to fix it without data wiping and similar useless pice of advice?
Thanks.

Not yet, I have the file on the phone, is there an MD5/SHA1 signature I can check to see if the file is correct? I upgraded using the regular update process, from the settings menu.

thanks
Max.

PS: I added the screenshot below in case you missed it

Ok, sorry, I am a noob sometimes... I found the MD5 and I can confirm the file I have on the phone is correct, same MD5...

Hi @ingbrzy,

Probably someone has already put this doubt, but I have read a lot and still have not seen.

And with this question of whyred hardbricks, before changing, I asked you the favor of clarifying the following:

Unfortunately I receive my redmi note 5 with stable rom 9.5.17.0, before switching to 8.7.12 V2, I accepted the update of the global stable 9.5.19.0 rom. :(

If I move now to the 8.7.12 V2 rom, putting the rom by twrp, do I have a Hardbrick?

Can you give me the steps to change in a safe way?

Currently I only have the bootloader unlocked, the recovery is still the original, that is, MI recovery.

Thank you in advance for all the help you can give.

Greetings,
Jorge

Last edited:
Hi @ingbrzy,

Probably someone has already put this doubt, but I have read a lot and still have not seen.

And with this question of whybr hardbricks, before changing, I asked you the favor of clarifying the following:

Unfortunately I receive my redmi note 5 with stable rom 9.5.17.0, before switching to 8.7.12 V2, I accepted the update of the global stable 9.5.19.0 rom. :(

If I move now to the 8.7.12 V2 rom, putting the rom by twrp, do I have a Hardbrick?

Can you give me the steps to change in a safe way?

Currently I only have the bootloader unlocked, the recovery is still the original, that is, MI recovery.

Thank you in advance for all the help you can give.

Greetings,
Jorge
It is all described in post 1#

Reactions: biscoot
just read!!
nstallation:

Xiaomi devices:

• Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM

• Code:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME
  • For ROOT install Magisk 16.4 in TWRP and reboot one more time after install to get rid of system lags

My doubts is about the redmi note 5.

Thanks for your support, but I do not see in post 1# related to my all doubts. In especially, the hardbrick question.

just search in this thread at: redmi note 5 you will find many hits!

I just checked, but unfortunately none clarifies my main doubt that is:

In redmi note 5 with antirollback, if I change from the global rom 9.5.19.0 (miui 9) to 9.7.12 v2 (miui 10) without antirollback, will not it cause a Hardbrick?

In redmi note 5 with antirollback, if I change from the global rom 9.5.19.0 (miui 9) to 9.7.12 v2 (miui 10) without antirollback, will not it cause a Hardbrick?
When you just follow the steps why should it?

AFAIK you could only hardbrick your device by donwgrading.
Switching from global MIUI 9 to MIUI 10 global/dev China/Eu (stable or weakly) is a upgrade. So, for me, no chance to brick your device ;-)

I, that's me again. I have downgraded to xiaomi.eu 8.7.5 Weekly and now I can unlock the phone but I receive a FC for the app "com.miui.smsextra.internal.SmsExtraApp". I am using MI6... wondering if anyone else had the same problem... maybe I should post this in the 8.7.5 forum BTW...

Thanks
Max.

I often have red flash microphones on the edges of the screen.
On my Mi note2
Mi note 2 / Miui 10 8.7.12 v12

Since v2 does not contain firmware-update anymore, does it mean that if I am coming from an anti 3 version rom (MIUI 9 - 9.5.17.0), I will still have the chance to flash any anti 3 rom after flashing this eu rom? Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

I can confirm that after the flashing of xiaomieu Roms 8.6.28,8.7.5, 8.7.12v2 my Redmi S2 will boot and stay in TWRP or MI recovery, depending on what is installed.

I have two Redmi S2 Global M1803E6G (1x 3-32GB, 1x 4-64GB, both dark gray). Both devices are unlocked and affected.

I searched the forum and internet, but now I know that only here, maybe someone knows a solution - the behavior only occurs when flashing the xiaomieu ROM. But I want to use the xiaomieu ROMs. I use them on all Xiaomi devices - the whole bloatware removed, adapted for us and so great support - Thanks for that to xiaomieu and everyone involved.

Delivery status:
  • 3-32GB: Global stable 9.5.3.0
  • 4-64GB: Global stable 9.5.9.0

Furthermore, I have used the following images as a basis for flashing the xiaomieu ROMs:
  • Global stable 9.5.14.0 (get via OTA)
  • Global stable 9.6.2.0 (get via OTA)
  • Global 8.7.5 (via TWRP)
  • Global 8.7.12 via MiFlash and TWRP (both tried)
The devices works with all these global Roms.

Then I boot into the TWRP (it does not matter if TWRP is installed or still MI-recovery),
  • When I was asked for the encryption password, I pressed cancel
  • formatted data partition and as well leave as it is and only wipe
  • with and without fresh restarting in TWRP after possible data format before flashing
(I've certainly spent more than 20 hours in the last 2 weeks to try all the combinations)

After flashing the xiaomieu ROMs, the S2 reboots into recovery. If I can help identify or resolve the problem, please do not be tempted to speak to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.