Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the intended behavior. The fingerprint sensor does work, just not for navigation purposes.
When fullscreen gestures are enabled, hardware keys are disabled. Setting qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 would make a navigation bar show up when you choose "Buttons" in "Full screen display" settings, and we don't want that to happen.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the implementation for consistency reason. Just missed having both hardware keys and gestures at the same time, but I understand the changes on EU side. Great work! Thanks a lot.

This latest version works really excellent on RN5pro! Everything is smooth and quick.Thank you so much to all the EU devs!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
Hmm I'll try, didn't have luck with other version.
I assume that double notification in WhatsApp is still available ;)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

oe, that sounds quit nice.

So i can flash eu miui by using fastboot.
That would be awesome, but i didnt knew that it was possible.

So if someone could help me with this?
I believe that i only need 1 time succesfully boot into eu miui...

Or do you mean i could flash miui 9 or 10 official using fastboot?

I managed to flash miui 10 beta , so the phone is working again, but can flash twrp, root, but i really would love to use eu.miui :)
I mean only official...
At least it's working ;)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: marcel112
Thx for extended reboot Menu without extra mod.. How hard could that been... Lovin miui 10 on my mix2s

BTW. Is this update the promised fw Upgrade for mix2s's cam to mi8 qualtity?! Because extra change log for mix 2s cam settings?

No mi8 this week?? Or just delayed?
they take the oficial chinese, look on miui forum and u will know. this time suspenden due some work on face recognition... sad but i hope they fix it because it is failing a lot..
it is 1 week so chill

Thanks for the reply. I understand the implementation for consistency reason. Just missed having both hardware keys and gestures at the same time, but I understand the changes on EU side. Great work! Thanks a lot.

This is how full screen gesture control works on officially supported devices, so no navigation buttons if full screen gestures enabled. If you prefer navigation buttons control then disable full screen gusteures. This is the professional way to integrate this feature on 16:9 devices with navigation buttons.

Is it possible to activate camera2 api on this rom (MiNote3/Jason?)
I want to use my favorite camera apps, like *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*, ManualCamera, FilmicPro...

THX

I have mix 2, running 8.6.28, for the last couple days i have not had gps , i hope this new version corrects it.
Can i install new 8.7.5 dirty flash or do i have to kill my phone again and start from scratch ?
Can magisk be installed with rom zip or will it still cause bootloop ?
the gps problem are often from oreo, the best solution is to do a factory reset... or you can wait for an update, anyway i had the dev beta china from xiaomi and changed to xiaomi.eu after that, everything working... so maybe u should flash it again with a full wipe

This is how full screen gesture control works on officially supported devices, so no navigation buttons if full screen gestures enabled. If you prefer navigation buttons control then disable full screen gusteures. This is the professional way to integrate this feature on 16:9 devices with navigation buttons.

??
Why disable existing hardware buttons at all?
What purpose does that serve?

I want both, like I have now on my Mi Note 2. (Xiaomi.eu 8.6.28 with build.prop altered qemu.hw.mainkeys=0)

That, IMHO, is the only professional way to do it.

Last edited:
??
What does that serve?

I want both, like I have now on my Mi Note 2.

That, IMHO, is the only professional way to do it.
"that serve" preventing accidental soft key presses while trying to navigate with gestures.
If you're using both gesture navigation and buttons for the same exact purpose, then would you also like an on-screen navigation bar? That way you would have even 3 whole methods to navigate! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Reactions: graw2
??
What does that serve?

Avoiding accidental touches on hardware capacitive buttons while control device by gestures as there are swipe up gestures from the bottom of the screen...

Redmi Note 5 whyred the UI lag is even worse in this ROM than 8.6.28. I only got this phone 2 days ago.

"that serve" preventing accidental soft key presses while trying to navigate with gestures.
If you're using both gesture navigation and buttons for the same exact purpose, then would you also like an on-screen navigation bar? That way you would have even 3 whole methods to navigate! Wouldn't that be awesome?

No, the onscreen navigation bar would just take up space and serve no usefull purpose.

I find that in some apps, like XDA, the gestures are difficult to get right, and prefer the hardware buttons.

How can hardware buttons generate "accidental soft key presses"?

They are not soft keys, and are not on the screen.

@ingbrzy What is with missing icons in status bar? Tobyhh has the same problem with Mix 2 too, Itchy has the problem with No Note 2. Both you can read on page 4.
No icon for: Bluetooth, vibration, no rotation, alarm clock

Status
Not open for further replies.