Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi8:
It is probably a MiFit issue but MiFit App notifications are not active when Always On screen feature is turned on in Mi8. It is quite obvious that the Always On mode should not be treated as "Screen is active" by the apps.

Hi everyone.
I would like to report an issue:
Randomly some Voice messages on Whatsapp aren't recorder or simply they result empty, as if no one said anything. Just the sent ones.
Has anyone experiecned the same issue?

On Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Reactions: Aleleo87
switch to EN language and reboot.. DE lang has this issue.. will be fixed in next release..
Hello, thanks for answer. I have the system in italian. I have found and activated an option in "Setting -> Notification & Status bar -> Show notification icons". Now i see the icons :)

Hello, thanks for answer. I have the system in italian. I have found and activated an option in "Setting -> Notification & Status bar -> Show notification icons". Now i see the icons :)
From now on remember that Status & Notification icon are different category

Hi everyone,

New in the forum, I have just a small question. Going from 8.7.5 to 8.7.6 or any future release is done via OTA? Or do we need to go through manual flash procedures? I have bought a MI8 and provider is asking me if I prefer to get China ROM or Global ROM? I understand that China ROM is more stable but it will have no option to upgrade to Global via OTA (so I will need to flash). And I understand that Global ROM is still not an stable release but it has OTA updates every Friday. Am I correct?

Also do you recommend to go through China ROM at this point or to get Global ROM?
Thanks in advance for your replies,
Mz

facebook application quits unexpectedly after a few seconds with no error message. I tried to uninstall the application and install it again but same problem. but the problem appeared today. mix1

Why using a few hour, gps is cant lock my device, after reboot phone its works again

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

New in the forum, I have just a small question. Going from 8.7.5 to 8.7.6 or any future release is done via OTA? Or do we need to go through manual flash procedures? I have bought a MI8 and provider is asking me if I prefer to get China ROM or Global ROM? I understand that China ROM is more stable but it will have no option to upgrade to Global via OTA (so I will need to flash). And I understand that Global ROM is still not an stable release but it has OTA updates every Friday. Am I correct?

Also do you recommend to go through China ROM at this point or to get Global ROM?
Thanks in advance for your replies,
Mz
You will get OTA updates for both official roms.
But you will not get ota updates for custom roms like the xiaomi.eu custom rom.

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

You will get OTA updates for both official roms.
But you will not get ota updates for custom roms like the xiaomi.eu custom rom.

Thanks,

I thought Xiaomi.eu was also an official ROM. So which is the last official Global ROM available OTA? Still 8.7.5?

Regards,
Mz

Thanks,

I thought Xiaomi.eu was also an official ROM. So which is the last official Global ROM available OTA? Still 8.7.5?

Regards,
Mz
The basis for the xiaomi.eu rom is the official china dev rom. But at the end of the day, the xiaomi.eu is a customs rom and you need twrp and an open bootloader to flash it and you won't get ota updates atm.

MIUI 10 8.7.12 global beta/ chinese beta has been released for redmi 5 plus have been released. Hope to have it as Xiaom. Eu rom... Eagerly waiting..

The basis for the xiaomi.eu rom is the official china dev rom. But at the end of the day, the xiaomi.eu is a customs rom and you need twrp and an open bootloader to flash it and you won't get ota updates atm.

Either way, you need an unlocked bootloader for our ROM and the China dev ROM.

Either way, you need an unlocked bootloader for our ROM and the China dev ROM.
Correct - if he wants to switch between official china and global rom, the bootloader also must be unlocked.

Correct - if he wants to switch between official china and global rom, the bootloader also must be unlocked.

Thanks, just a last point: I understand now that Xiaomi.eu is developped as custom ROM based on the China dev ROM. This means that updates are more dynamic than in the Global official ROM. But is there any difference between, for example, Global official 8.7.x OTA and Xiaomi.eu 8.7.x? Also which is the normal delay between Global official releases?

Apologies for creating an offtopic here, just want to understand the implications of going through one ROM or another.

Thanks a lot for the support and advices, it seems you have a very active community here! One additional point to support my decision towards Xiaomi vs OP!

Regards,
Mz

Всем привет! почему нельзя сделать черный цвет? белый не нравится!

Attachments

• sSJ2JmkQ104.jpg
    sSJ2JmkQ104.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 518
Thanks, just a last point: I understand now that Xiaomi.eu is developped as custom ROM based on the China dev ROM. This means that updates are more dynamic than in the Global official ROM. But is there any difference between, for example, Global official 8.7.x OTA and Xiaomi.eu 8.7.x? Also which is the normal delay between Global official releases?

Apologies for creating an offtopic here, just want to understand the implications of going through one ROM or another.

Thanks a lot for the support and advices, it seems you have a very active community here! One additional point to support my decision towards Xiaomi vs OP!

Regards,
Mz
There is an overview at the homepage about whats better in the xiaomi.eu rom. Generelly thry enhance the rom for europe and enable more features for every device (please have a look on their detailed explanation about the difference).
Eg I have the Mi6 - there is neither an option for faceunlock nor for full screen gestures in the official rom, but using the xiaomi.eu custom rom, I can enjoy those features ;)
Also the battery remains linger due to less unneccessary background processes.

There is an update for the xiaomi.eu rom every friday based on the latest china dev rom.

Reactions: dogiex and aitatxo
Yes.
Waiting for stable release.
Skype is crashing, xposed framework crashed entire miui, Gapps pico > playstore crashing, battery draining.

Mi MIX 1 6gb ram 256gb rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.