8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Friwave, I've seen that, however I cannot enter Developer Settings, because I cannot see anything, like only power menu is working, I cannot enter into the setting, etc.

Installed TWRP through the normal method, on my device, i never use windows.
Windows command is the normal way for me.

If your phone isnt responding anymore you have to use fastboot or like i said load twrp again in windows command

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

Im going to wait for the next update .. Who knows.... The next update MAY even work??....
Windows command is the normal way for me.

If your phone isnt responding anymore you have to use fastboot or like i said load twrp again in windows command

Its not that my phone isn't reponding, it's that it should be responding fine, my device is working, and i have not done anything out of the odinary other than install the previous Rom the same way i always do, which was riddled with bugs and is probably more than likely the main reason that mine and a lot of other people's devices are not working properly!
Like i said previously, i'll probably have to use the fastboot method just to get my system properly working again, but i'll only be installing the latest MIUI 10 global STABLE version from now on, as the EU version needs A LOT OF WORK!

Last edited:
Reactions: barbuti17
Well its a beta and a lot of bugs are fixed in this Rom. I dont think its the Rom you just have to start from scratch and formaat data then install this update and you will see.

Got the same thing, went back to 8.8.9 and it's all crap now, can't even op dialer, can't text! (Sms) and this database error keeps coming
How to fix this??
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
faf5ab3cc2890da46ccf8ba7bd4cf938.jpg
Settings -> Installed apps -> Contacts Storage -> Clear data.
That's your only option besides a factory reset.

Are u kidding me??
I had the same issue - unfortunatelly, he is right. A factory reset solves the issue. You don't need to wipe data.
You can do a miui backup and restore it afterwards, which should keep the data loss to a minimum. Google backup also helps.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Well its a beta and a lot of bugs are fixed in this Rom. I dont think its the Rom you just have to start from scratch and formaat data then install this update and you will see.

I shouldn't have to start from scratch, should i, and waste half a day sorting my system and apps out should i! And if i do format data, ill have to do that wont i. If the last Rom was working correctly in the first place i wouldn't have this issue would i. Thanx a lot Xiaomi!

I shouldn't have to start from scratch, should i, and waste half a day sorting my system and apps out should i! And if i do format data, ill have to do that wont i. If the last Rom was working correctly in the first place i wouldn't have this issue would i. Thanx a lot Xiaomi!
First of all you should be AWARE it is a development ROM.

Secondly if you are aware of the first fact you should also know and be AWARE that there is a distinct chance to have issues...

Thirdly, why dont you make regular backups, being aware of the first and MOST important point.

You should blame yourself for your lack of planning and awareness! Not Xiaomi's issue / fault.

As much as i hate to say it, the only cure for the big problems are to completely ignore the custom roms with root and go back to Global stable for now.
I used fastboot and miflash to flash global stable 9.5.13 and then i updated with xiaomi recovery mode (not twrp!) to global stable 9.6.1, and that´s where i am staying for now with my mi8 until probably October by my calculation or even Nov 2018 if Miui can´t get their act together. I´ll do without the pretty and custom goodies till then and at least have basic use of my phone.
Everything else is just a big headache and not worth the time even though i really want to put a new rom on my phone every week !
Other than that, i only say thank you when i receive something of real value and not something broken and unfinished.
Credit where credit is due only .

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik Tsouk and qbert
Since the day i flashed MIUI 10 on Redmi note 4x (sd) . Everything is working smoothly except for the random crash on Facebook. It usually happens whenever someone sends me a video on messenger while opening, it crashes. Facebook and Instagram crash randomly. i factory reset my phone and nothing seems to be working. Several MIUI 10 updates came through but none of them solved the issue. This problem is getting really frequent.
In MIUI 9 I never faced any issues like this.It needs to be solved immediately since we use this app for the daily basis. Thank you.

@ingrbzy and developers
Hi guys thanks for endless efforts first of all. On my Mi5s i cannot install any beta after 8.8.3 cos every followers versions cause the screen get on and off every 2 sec. I cant do anything so I can't take a screenshot of the logs.
There is something wrong somewhere cos i get we are several people suffering this problem. Just to let you know if it is possible fixing it. Thanks in advance.
I had that problem too... Just make a clean install and you will be fine... I did a clean install on 8.8.9 and fixed that... Then I have been dirty flashing 8.8.16 and 8.8.23 and no problems... 8.8.23 is very fluid and stable. Awesome rom!

Why redmi 5 plus have many dual applications such as update, video, notes,... after install ROM? I can't find them and turn off those in dual applications setting
40017337_294908394636250_7370028532631601152_n.png
40070543_284863352329955_2786919663223701504_n.png
I have the same problem on mi mix 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-26-19-59-42-123_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-26-19-59-42-123_com.miui.home.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 400
Reactions: hydelezz
Somebody with Redmi 4x have problem with Audio effect in MI Music app? All the effect are the same, nothing change. Also when I select different headphone the sound is the same. Thanks.

I had the same issue - unfortunatelly, he is right. A factory reset solves the issue. You don't need to wipe data.
You can do a miui backup and restore it afterwards, which should keep the data loss to a minimum. Google backup also helps.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
Where can I reset without data loss??

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.