Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After clean Install
My Mi8 is recognized as a Mix 2S on Google.
What is the Problem ?

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Bluetooth bug on RN5 (Whyred):
everytime I turn off the bluetooth, it cannot be turned on again! The only way to turn it on is to reboot the phone.
@ingbrzy or someone else, can you please help? This bug exists since several roms.

I cant confirm this bug. Bluetooth is working fine on my whyred.

Use 8.8.9 on my Redmi Note 5a Prime, so far so good... There's face unlock feature. Not very fast but it's there... Thumbs up. Now waiting for portrait mode for both front and back camera.. Would be awesome to have that

Mi5 setting are blacked out
View attachment 20024

Mi Note 2 Scorpio got this problem with settings, but not Mix1 lithium or Max1 helium, for some reason.

What I notice is if you just open the Settings icon, don't do anything more, and then look in Recents, it is named "Set data warning", not "Settings".

??

Only some of the menues in Settings have the blackout problem.

Most everything seems to work, except the search bar in Settings is squished at the top, and I could not look at Default apps in installed apps.

Reinstalling the ROM did not help, am now trying a factory reset with restore of the same data that is corrupted.:p

addendum:

That didn't help, but at least now I have tested restore in TWRP.

Downloaded the rom again, same sha1 and md5.

Haven't had time to reflash the rom yet, but everything works in the phone except about half of the settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: jc rey
I have jumped to MI8_8.7.12 at this version with MI8 ... all is ok.
Manual download and MAGISK 16.7 installed in recovery at same time of the rom.

Hy MI8 have big battery drop at night to morning 10%, I think the reason cell standby 44% use

After the update my Mi8 gets very hot and the battery drains fast. It seems to be caused by Xiaomi Service Framework. Is this a known issue?

Screenshot_2018-08-13-07-53-32-266_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Good day!

Is there anyone knows how to fix failed no such volume error on rmn4 mtk after flashing eu roms? Tried to flash 5 times already. Wiping everything or flashing su zip first. Still getting the same result.

If you read the first posts you'll see that the problem is fixed with another rom.I think it's the only one available now so go and download it again.It runs safety.net compliances well

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

If you read my comment accurately then you should know that the device name was fixed but NOW safety.net failed.
Do you own the device? Do you have upgraded to 8.8.9? No? than don't talk about thinks you dont know.
Do you own the device? Do you have upgraded to 8.8.9? Yes? than do a safety test and see thats not passed.

Thanks

I have a question: I want to update my Mi5s on MIUI9 to MIUI 10: Do I have to start from scratch? (wipe) or can I just flash over MIUI 9 and keep all my data?

Bonus question: I have encryption enabled: Would it be any problem?

If you read my comment accurately then you should know that the device name was fixed but NOW safety.net failed.
Do you own the device? Do you have upgraded to 8.8.9? No? than don't talk about thinks you dont know.
Do you own the device? Do you have upgraded to 8.8.9? Yes? than do a safety test and see thats not passed.

Thanks
Look for version from android file host, it passes safety net.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-13-10-19-27-948_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-13-10-19-27-948_com.android.settings.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 360
  • Screenshot_2018-08-13-10-19-50-588_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-13-10-19-50-588_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 418
Status
Not open for further replies.