Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed my Redmi 6 pro with 8.7.19 beta then update to 8.7.26, the issue with read mode/night mode still persist: it wont work. It can be fixed by restarting the phone but if I restart it again after that, read mode then dont work and... you need another restart and so on along with the cannot connect to camera problem... So I decided to wipe dalvik, cache, data and system then reinstall 8.7.26, the camera issue was gone but read mode still wont work and need a restart.

Now with 8.8.9 read mode is still having the same problem and I cant see charging details on lockscreen anymore? Is the charging details on lockscreen removed or a bug?
Oh and I tried do a full wipe and install 8.8.9 again, after installing TWRP tell me "NO OS installed. Do you want to reboot?" but if I reboot, it still works fine, do I need to worry?

P/s: Sorry if my wording is somewhat confusing.

Edit: so when my phone is fully charged, it is like this
As this rom is just newly installed, it cannot be caused by user...

Screenshot_2018-08-15-11-09-36-054_lockscreen.png

Last edited:
how to Root Redmi 6 Pro Sakura? It's Twrp is not available....
Can someone post link for Sakura Twrp..

Installed my Redmi 6 pro with 8.7.19 beta then update to 8.7.26, the issue with read mode/night mode still persist: it wont work. It can be fixed by restarting the phone but if I restart it again after that, read mode then dont work and... you need another restart and so on along with the cannot connect to camera problem... So I decided to wipe dalvik, cache, data and system then reinstall 8.7.26, the camera issue was gone but read mode still wont work and need a restart.

Now with 8.8.9 read mode is still having the same problem and I cant see charging details on lockscreen anymore? Is the charging details on lockscreen removed or a bug?
Oh and I tried do a full wipe and install 8.8.9 again, after installing TWRP tell me "NO OS installed. Do you want to reboot?" but if I reboot, it still works fine, do I need to worry?

P/s: Sorry if my wording is somewhat confusing.

Edit: so when my phone is fully charged, it is like this
As this rom is just newly installed, it cannot be caused by user...

View attachment 20097
From where you get Twrp for Redmi 6 Pro?
And did you root by Magisk ?

mi6x additional settings in 8.8.9 just like any other settings screen:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-15-08-55-07-657_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-15-08-55-07-657_com.android.settings.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 486
Reactions: NoOne
mi6x additional settings in 8.8.9 just like any other settings screen:
this is very strange... no one from our team can reproduce it on any device.. but it is known, that wipe data will solve it.. please create aadb logcat or miui bugreport and send it to me..

this is very strange... no one from our team can reproduce it on any device.. but it is known, that wipe data will solve it.. please create aadb logcat or miui bugreport and send it to me..

Had the same in 8.8.9 on Mi8SE, reverted to 8.8.3

why not separate the settings of the sound notification for SMS? after all, in the official version of the firmware, this function has been added

I have a problem with Whyred... I went to bed to 2:00 AM and I left my device.. I disconnected the Wifi and the LTE, as well as any application .. I had a 12% battery .. I woke up at 9:00 AM and it was OFF .. what could happen?

Hello,
I have 8.8.9 for mi8, how can I activate "ok google"?
I've search the web for a solution to this and didn't find anything. The closest I got was making it work in Google Assistance and Google Maps by uninstalling the update on the Google app. But once you update it back, it stops working.

The only thing that was suggested on a post somewhere and that I didn't try was setting the Google app as a System App. The problem is that you need to be rooted to do so which I'm not interested in at the moment.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gatsu
Is it possible to disable sound notification when connecting to PC via USB cable? It is very annoying...

No problems here.
Maybe you need a clean install...
The UI it's a little slower... but is ok
The battery here it's ok to

On Readmi Pro (MTK) there is batery problem big.
The phone does not go in deep sleep.
When Mobile internet on and wifi on - won't goes deep sleep
When Mobile internet off and wifi off - won't goes deep sleep
When Mobile internet on wifi off and mobile off and wifi on - sametime goes to deep sleep
When Battery safe on - never goes to deep sleep.

When I back to 9.6 stable - is OK.

Phone, ROM and others:
Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon (but I think this is related to much more phones)
running on 8.8.9 with Magisk 16.7 (same has happened on the last 2..3 ROMs as well

Issue:
com.miui.securitycenter.remote keeps the CPU at 2GHz, not letting the phone sleeping

Description:
It worked for 2 whole days correctly but today morning I cought it again, running at 2GHz and not letting the phone sleeping.

Workaroud:
I wiped the data of the Security app - but have no idea why it is coming back all the time.

I have a problem with Whyred... I went to bed to 2:00 AM and I left my device.. I disconnected the Wifi and the LTE, as well as any application .. I had a 12% battery .. I woke up at 9:00 AM and it was OFF .. what could happen?

it switched off 100% sure :p;)
retry with battery at 30%, it is not recommended to go below a certain charge %, I beleive below 10 can be dangerous.

After a little hiccup (Wiped Data instead of Format -- could you please put this in your top post so it doesn't happen to others?), I got the 8.8.9 installed on my Mi 8.

Happy to report that I'm not seeing any of the issues reported, and GPS is scarily accurate. One things is though, overnight the battery seems to have drained by 8%. Is this normal for idle consumption? I have five year old tablets that last a month on standby.

From where you get Twrp for Redmi 6 Pro?
And did you root by Magisk ?

Well the twrp installation was handled by the place I bought my phone so I dont really know, the twrp version im using is apparently the ysl version (Redmi S2) based on the name and no I did not root Magisk, my phone is unrooted

Redmi Note 3 Pro: I had to go back to miui 9 8.4.26. Battery has returned to last as it should and no longer overheats.
The only problem is that the SMS application is automatically closed. Here is the summary of the error:
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can not downgrade database from version 107 to 106
at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel (DatabaseUtils.java)
at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel (DatabaseUtils.java)
at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query (ContentProviderNative.java)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query (ContentResolver.java)
at android.content.ContentResolver.query (ContentResolver.java)
at com.android.mms.util.SqliteWrapper.query (Unknown Source)
at com.android.mms.data.Conversation.loadThreadsFromCursor (Unknown Source)
at com.android.mms.data.Conversation.cacheAllThreads (Unknown Source)
at com.android.mms.data.Conversation.-wrap2 (Unknown Source)
at com.android.mms.data.Conversation $ RefreshRunnable.run (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor $ Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:818)

Anybody can help me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.