Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I update my Xiaomi mi8 today but now mi phone not boot, only show mi logo with black screen and powered by android, i try to install the latest version that i have then do the same problem. Other person have the same problem? anybody know how can solve it?

Mi5S plus
from 8.9.13 Android 7.0 to 8.9.20 Android 8.0 what I need to do?
full wipe? what to backup? system, data?
or dirty flash?
thanks in advance

Przemo
You can do a dirty flash but with a new OS version is recommened to do a full wipe. If you want you can do a data backup to restore it after the update

It's no and no for me. There is no option in developer settings for 3way power menu and theme porting is not working! Can you plz be more specific of how these can work? Maybe I am missing something. Everything else is ok though.
Search for Extended power menu..
and theme import works by "Import from SD card"

hello, is it possible to remove the text "unlocked" on boot?

now we can change the ugly bootloader unlocked screen,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/themes/bootloader-unlocked-message-t3842388

You need the TWRP 3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/download-twrp-for-mi8-dipper.46551/post-445428

- Download logo.zip:
https://mega.nz/#!Yw9GQaBB!6Lt-CIBqbrs1Py3cPacFbVPuJeUoW24isbw1rhtWU-I
- unzip logo.zip
- copy logo.img to your Mi8
- start Twrp -> Install -> Install Image -> logo.img -> check Logo
- confirm
- done

Search for Extended power menu..
and theme import works by "Import from SD card"

Do you want me to attach scr of dev options with no Extended power menu and ''import theme'' function error?
Then you will understand, that these are not inside the Poco rom!!!!
Or maybe i am so blind that i can't find them!

Of course thank you for replying.

Do you want me to attach scr of dev options with no Extended power menu and ''import theme'' function error?
Then you will understand, that these are not inside the Poco rom!!!!
Or maybe i am so blind that i can't find them!

Of course thank you for replying.
are you sure you have our ROM? seems you have no idea what you are doing..

now we can change the ugly bootloader unlocked screen,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/themes/bootloader-unlocked-message-t3842388

You need the TWRP 3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/download-twrp-for-mi8-dipper.46551/post-445428

- Download logo.zip:
https://mega.nz/#!Yw9GQaBB!6Lt-CIBqbrs1Py3cPacFbVPuJeUoW24isbw1rhtWU-I
- unzip logo.zip
- copy logo.img to your Mi8
- start Twrp -> Install -> Install Image -> logo.img -> check Logo
- confirm
- done

Thank you for the quick reply. I use the phone Mi8 new version 8/128 (non-explorer) Chinese Rom installed. Which rum should I install when the lock is opened? stable or weekly.?

Not sure I understood?
Does this means that dirty flash is safe, but update OTA is not?
By dirty flash you mean download the zip and flash it through recovery? won't it full-wipe automatically?
Thanks
You can do an OTA update, but your magisk root will be lost. But when you update it via recovery then after flashing the update, you can instantly flash the magisk zip after each flashing of the update without rebooting. Finally when you reboot to system your root still there.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

What about the Bluetooth bug that is present ever since the first versions of MIUI10? Random self-deactivation of Bluetooth, and not being able to switch on Bluetooth after flight mode? Has this finally been fixed?
Same problem on Mi Max 3.

Issues on Mi Max 3:
1. Long device boot time.
2. Incorrect translation.
3. Black screen in the Settings.
8.9.6 ---> 8.9.13, no problems (wipe only dalvik and cache).
8.9.13 ---> 8.9.20, problems. To solve the problem I had to do the factory reset (wipe dalvik, cache, data). Why?

Same problem on Mi Max 3.

8.9.6 ---> 8.9.13, no problems (wipe only dalvik and cache).
8.9.13 ---> 8.9.20, problems. To solve the problem I had to do the factory reset (wipe dalvik, cache, data). Why?
Rooted?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Redmi 5 plus...
6d93a42a5d26b10b41cfd2d1ed1eba80.jpg
3e101851add7701590508fca1ba6b6ad.jpg

Enviado desde mi Redmi 5 Plus mediante Tapatalk
11 hours?

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

That is - unfortunately - my experience with EVERY single Android update. They are all announced as the best power-saving version of all times, and in real life, the battery life always gets worse. One such invention, "doze", was rated particularly high before it came out in Android 7 - and now that we have it for over a year, we see that, yes, the phone dozes often, but still needs more energy than ever before. Oreo is just the same, but again a bit worse. Announced as power-saving, it is not at all better. Same for MIUI 10. Now I have MIUI 10 under Android 8.1, and the battery life is WAY worse than it was with MIUI 9 under Android 7.
You are right, always same profecies, and the result os the same....worst battery performance

Enviado do meu MI 5 através do Tapatalk

Reactions: Daenjel
I have a problem with my redmi note 3 pro.
I can't install some app like mxplayer or fotmob for example.
I have a message from the Play store with 505 code error.
Even if I try from apk.net installation is impossible. Before the last version I didn't have this problem.
Please do you have an answer?

Please do you have notice this problem ?

Any solution ?

Thanks

@ingbrzy and admins,we have a question about whether this rom of android foot carries ARB antirollback, and if it has been doing for the twrp a format data and wipes full can you put a ROM EU oreo? And assuming that rom Eu carries arb, can you delete the firmware folder from the Rom zip before flashing through twrp?Mi8

Last edited:
are you sure you have our ROM? seems you have no idea what you are doing..

Thanks again for your patience. Your last answer made me realize, i 've made a big mistake. Now everything is OK, sorry for any inconvenience.

This rom is awesome and definitely worth upgrading to it from global stable. :)

Reactions: Mali2 and HofMan
I have the same problem with my Mi 8, and this does not work for me.

Running 8.8.20 fine, but if I flash 8.9.13 or 8.9.20 it won't boot. Keeps black loading screen and after 20 minutes twrp appears. When I flash 8.8.20 again, the phone boots fine again. I have to flash firmware 8.8.20 again to make the camera work again. It says it can't connect to camera otherwise.

I tried multiple versions of twrp, cleared cache, but it won't boot with the pie update. I don't want to wipe data so I hope there will be a solution.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi ingbrzy, sorry posting a bug here but have you seen the post in the bug section about full screen gesture animation not working fine on Poco ? I mean when going home with full screen gesture the animation doesn't end on the app icon that it should .. like messaging app animation end on my Spotify app icon ..

Will it be fixed ? Cause global beta ROM doesn't have this issue . Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.