Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes I go to uninstall an app, boom !, my screen has become black, with no possibility to open the app (at least they are not already in the window, and also not closed). has it happened to you? or I'm the only one to have

I have two issues with my Mi8 8.9.24: using VPN in China after disconnect from the VPN there isn't connection anymore (both WiFi and cellular network).
With 8.9.20 the connection was failing, but with the previous version 8.9.13 I hadn't issues. It si annoying me to reboot the phone every time to restore the connectivity. Any suggestion?

Second issue is regarding the GPS: I am actually in China from a month, and the Meteo location (based on GPS) is still in Europe.
Some apps using the GPS refer to "previous location", because not able to update the position. Does anyone else have the same issues?

My suggestion is from now on all eu roms should identify ARB4 or ARB3. That helps many users successfully flash those eu roms without bricks and errors. Right now both beta and stable of Chinese roms enable ARB protection.

My suggestion is from now on all eu roms should identify ARB4 or ARB3. That helps many users successfully flash those eu roms without bricks and errors. Right now both beta and stable of Chinese roms enable ARB protection.

what is ARB?

any knows if the quick snap mode in camera works in this rom? i have chinese rom and xiaomi mi 8

Device is MI 8. I am on the EU stabe verion, MIUI EU 10.0.5.0 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.5.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1). If I need to flash 8.9.24 EU on my MI 8, do I have to FORMAT /data or just dirty flash and wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache sufficient?

I see conflicting reports and some say that there is no need to format data going from stable (EU) to beta (EU). It's an upgrade. Can any gurus comment? TIA.

the only "bug" ive had in the past few beta versions is getting the "bluetooth stopped working" notification when i turn it off.

Has happened consistently with my primary bluetooth device (my car via android auto) but oddly couldnt replicate with a mi bluetooth speaker.

Redmi note 5 whyred 8.9.20
Magisk, TWRP

@mods, if you need any data please just let me know.

ty

Device is MI 8. I am on the EU stabe verion, MIUI EU 10.0.5.0 (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.5.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1). If I need to flash 8.9.24 EU on my MI 8, do I have to FORMAT /data or just dirty flash and wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache sufficient?

I see conflicting reports and some say that there is no need to format data going from stable (EU) to beta (EU). It's an upgrade. Can any gurus comment? TIA.

As a guidance..
When you change from ROM like from Mi Global to EU always FORMAT even if the versions look-a-like. (The ROM structure of both is different)
Also do it when there is a major change in the Android version, like 8.0 - 9.0.

When you update minor versions of your current ROM of the current provider you can dirty flash / wipe cache.

This way your device will work optimal.

Camera error
8d8a99bd954bb37ba7a208b78fd40629.jpg

Hello, can't find the xiaomi app for remote controller (my english is bad) on my mi 8 SE someone else has the same problem?

Hi,
I have few issues in the Camera app with the 8.9.24 on my Mi 8. I installed 8.9.20 before and I didn't notice the same issues but I had it for couple of days so I may have not use this app... I did a clean install for 8.9.20 and dirty (with Dalvik wipe) for 8.9.24.
- If i use the camera then switch to another app (or go back to the main sceen) and open the camera app again it will be frozen with on old image on background. I must kill the process and it works normally.
- I can not watch the videos from the Camera or Galery app, I have systematically this message "com.miui.video.global.V...keeps stopp...". It works with another video app (VLC) but it's not very convenient.
- Maybe not an issue but I when use 1x or 2x zoom the same camera is used, I thought it was an optical zoom not a digital one. The only way to use the top lens is to take a picture in "Portrait mode" or choose the "Tele" lens in "Manual mode".

I tried to wipe Dalvik cache but nothing change.

Does someone has the same issues ?

Aymeric

Reactions: Peraltta
Status
Not open for further replies.