Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a guidance..
When you change from ROM like from Mi Global to EU always FORMAT even if the versions look-a-like. (The ROM structure of both is different)
Also do it when there is a major change in the Android version, like 8.0 - 9.0.

When you update minor versions of your current ROM of the current provider you can dirty flash / wipe cache.

This way your device will work optimal.
Well, not true as I am not asking from MI global to EU. It's from EU stable (10.0.5.0) to EU beta (8.9.24). I am not asking generally speaking as lot of users are misinformed.

For instance, when you are using the global version and you get an update from 7.0 to 8.0, you don't need to format. Just think about it. If the manufacturer asked you to format because they are upgrading you from one version to the other, then users will *revolt* as they don't want to lose all data and have to do it all over again.

So, my original question still stands: Is it really required to format data to flash from 10.0.5.0 EU Stable to 8.9.24 EU? Any others went through the same procedure? TIA.

Guys which your opinion for the roms ftom ********?

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

After booting my MiMix2s the volume buttons work a couple of hours like they should. Then they seem to be dead. Anyone else who knows this problem?

I reverted back to MIUI 9.5.2 Stable cause i miss this original clock and Carrier name in the status bar.
bc15e968b343ec78ea8d8dc4ab424ddc.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

I respect your choice ... But I would not care about the layout of a single app
I reverted back to MIUI 9.5.2 Stable cause i miss this original clock and Carrier name in the status bar.
bc15e968b343ec78ea8d8dc4ab424ddc.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: alexmac
Mi Max 3
My Mi Max 3 is MIUI 10.0.3.0 Stable China Rom. If I want to update to EURO Rom MIUI 8.9.20 Weekly, do I just flash the Rom?

Well, not true as I am not asking from MI global to EU. It's from EU stable (10.0.5.0) to EU beta (8.9.24). I am not asking generally speaking as lot of users are misinformed.

For instance, when you are using the global version and you get an update from 7.0 to 8.0, you don't need to format. Just think about it. If the manufacturer asked you to format because they are upgrading you from one version to the other, then users will *revolt* as they don't want to lose all data and have to do it all over again.

So, my original question still stands: Is it really required to format data to flash from 10.0.5.0 EU Stable to 8.9.24 EU? Any others went through the same procedure? TIA.
Yes, it is. If you change android version, without wipe strange thing will happen: battery drains, reboots, lags, app strange behaviours, etc. Usually all of them are gone after format and reentering all the settings. And no format is the main reason, people will complain after android upgrade, that new version is worse than previous. BR

Reactions: Boomschakalaka
Hello, can't find the xiaomi app for remote controller (my english is bad) on my mi 8 SE someone else has the same problem?

It is no longer part of the ROM, but you can download it from Playstore instead.

- Maybe not an issue but I when use 1x or 2x zoom the same camera is used, I thought it was an optical zoom not a digital one. The only way to use the top lens is to take a picture in "Portrait mode" or choose the "Tele" lens in "Manual mode".

It does this when the light is too low. Switching to the optical zoom (tele lens) requires more light. You can test it like this:

* open the camera app
* in a bright environment, put your finger over the tele lens (on my Mi Note 3 this is lens more to the center of the phone): you should see the "normal" picture in 1x, but as soon as you switch to 2x you will see only your (redish, totally blurred) fingertip if the light is strong enough. Every time you switch from 1x to 2x you will see that the lens that is being used is changed. This shows that the camera app switches between the lenses, and that the the zoom is an optical one.
* now turn to a much less bright spot in your surrounding, and repeat the exact same experiment. You will see the "normal" picture both in 1x and 2x, but you you never see your blurred fingertip. That shows that under low light, only the normal lens is active, and the zoom is a digital one in this case.
* when, instead, you cover the other lens with your fingertip, the only thing you will ever see is your blurred fingertip - you will never see the 2x zoomed image. This shows that the light intensity is measured through the "normal" lens, not the telephoto lens - as you cover it with your finger, the light is always too low to allow switching to the tele lens.

Reactions: cobben
This one doesn't work for you at all? Did you try to adjust sensitivity? See below screenshot
1de36741d72833cad49d345f35d9df00.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Not work for all

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-09-15-17-09-139_com.miui.cit.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-09-15-17-09-139_com.miui.cit.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 600
Status
Not open for further replies.