Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in Germany using Mi 8 having reception quality? Especially at high places? My Moto Z can catch 3G just fine, but Mi 8 can't. When it switches to 2G due to weak signals it can't get back to 3G, which is very annoying :(

Reactions: juvanj
And what's worse (for me at least) is that since 8.9.20 backups to MiCloud do not work either for images in the gallery, nor for "home screen backup". Strangely enough it works for everything else (contacts, recorded calls, messages etc...).
I suspect that backup is screwing up my contacts. Every few days part of my contacts disappear, and later they synchronize in Google.
So I need to go to contacts dot Google dot com to revert to my contacts from the day before.
It has already happened more than 20 times.

I suspect that backup is screwing up my contacts. Every few days part of my contacts disappear, and later they synchronize in Google.
So I need to go to contacts dot Google dot com to revert to my contacts from the day before.

that sounds really bad indeed. It never happened to me, but then again I use other methods to backup my contacts and data. I remember that internal backup used to mess with my homescreen icon arrangement, that's why I stopped using it altogether. Now I backup to Google, MiCloud, and iDrive - that appears to be sufficient, and I never have had any problems with missing contacts.

So turn off sync contacts in Xiaomi cloud?

I only sync with Google, not with Xiaomi. Better this way to avoid possible conflicts.

And I only sync with Mi Cloud, works fine between 3 phones for contacts, notes, etc., except for messages (sms), which do not sync for some reason - never tried to figure out why.

So probably a good idea to use only one of Mi or Google for sync.

But not Gallery or app backup, not enough space for photos, and backup never worked when I tried it last year, so I turned that off too.

hello, just installed on my mi Pad 4 / clover.
Looks like 5 ghz wifi is not working... anyone else experienced this?

exploring the rest of the features and very happy so far!

Can your weather application published by Xiaomi automatically locate your locations? It hasn't located my locations untill miui 10.

Estou há 1 semana usando o beta, android 9 no meu mi8, GPS Brasil, Wifi e tudo mais funcionando perfeitamente, extremamente fluido. em alguns lugares a tela da palavra é com portugueses de portugal, mas isso não me incomoda. obrigado aos desenvolvedores, parabéns pelo projeto.

RedmiNote5: Still a dual-application crash! I have Fomat data, then proceed to install rom! Double opening application error still occurs!

Attachments

• A Lỗi EU.png
    A Lỗi EU.png
    197 KB · Views: 532
hello, just installed on my mi Pad 4 / clover.
Looks like 5 ghz wifi is not working... anyone else experienced this?

exploring the rest of the features and very happy so far!

Hi,
I had this problem with my Mi Router 3G & Mi Pad 4. you just have to force a 5Ghz low frequency, high frequencies don't work with Mi Pad 4 and MIUI 10.
Try and tell me please

Last edited:
Reactions: Micheledipaola
Hi,
I had this problem with my Mi Router 3G & Mi Pad 4. you just have to force a 5Ghz low channel, high channels don't work with Mi Pad 4 and MIUI 10.
Try and tell me please
Because your Mi Pad is not designed for those channels. And likely MIUI 10 has same optimisation for WiFi 5Ghz

Hi,
I had this problem with my Mi Router 3G & Mi Pad 4. you just have to force a 5Ghz low channel, high channels don't work with Mi Pad 4 and MIUI 10.
Try and tell me please

Had the same problem with the Mi Mini router a few years ago.
Had to choose a low 5G frequency in the router, some phones/laptops could not connect otherwise.
After that, no problems.

Hi,
Try and tell me please

it did the trick! Thank you so much!
I had 5ghz on channel 104, switched on 40 and now the network is there and I am connected.
Thanks a lot!

Hello
I have some problem flashing TWRP on my Mi Max 3 (see picture). The phone is unlocked, Chinese and have MUI 10 chinese beta 8.9.20. Can someone help?

Attachments

• Powershell.JPG
    Powershell.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 548
A message to xiaomi.eu developer and staff member... @MarkHUK @ingbrzy
as in this thread https://en.miui.com/thread-4163009-1-1.html
To enable "Ok Google" hotword on recent MIUI roms (for MI8, MI8 SE and so on) in a google support thread, a member of google support team told that:

https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/266936?hl=en

"Ye, it won't work till MIUI team will add HotwordEnrollment for WCD9341 into our system.
For example on Pixel 2:
HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleWCD9340
HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleWCD9340
HotwordEnrollmentTGoogleWCD9340

UPD: Did a little test, I put those missing services into Pixel2ROM system partition, Voice Match was not grayed out anymore, but still can't be enabled. Seems like we need Hotword support in Sound Trigger according to logcat"

Do you think that is possible to include those services and enable Hotword support in Sound Trigger?
I can do tests (i've a MI 8 - Dipper) if you need a tester.

Btw thank you for your support and work.

Reactions: trt19
A message to xiaomi.eu developer and staff member... @MarkHUK @ingbrzy
as in this thread https://en.miui.com/thread-4163009-1-1.html
To enable "Ok Google" hotword on recent MIUI roms (for MI8, MI8 SE and so on) in a google support thread, a member of google support team told that:

Do you think that is possible to include those services and enable Hotword support in Sound Trigger?
I can do tests (i've a MI 8 - Dipper) if you need a tester.

Btw thank you for your support and work.

I've inserted these three apk in my rom
Code:
/system/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleWCD9340/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleWCD9340.apk
/system/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentTGoogleWCD9340/HotwordEnrollmentTGoogleWCD9340.apk
/system/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleWCD9340/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleWCD9340.apk

and now.... ok google can be enabled!! But something is still missing (maybe the Hotword support in Sound Trigger ??) because the hotword dosn't activate "ok google"

uzZQ1kPl.png

Last edited:
I've inserted these three apk in my rom
Code:
/system/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleWCD9340/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleWCD9340.apk

and now.... ok google can be enabled!! But something is still missing (maybe the Hotword support in Sound Trigger ??) because the hotword dosn't activate "ok google"

uzZQ1kPl.png
Didnt you write three times the same app?

Didnt you write three times the same app?
ops, corrected, these are the apk...

Code:
/system/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentTGoogleWCD9340/HotwordEnrollmentTGoogleWCD9340.apk
/system/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleWCD9340/HotwordEnrollmentXGoogleWCD9340.apk

Status
Not open for further replies.