Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ingbrzy
In the main screen, when you press the volume up and down keys, you can change the selection of volume or ringtone is not? Same as the selection on the iphone

OK, what am I doing wrong?
Trying to install it for the same time on a new device (Mi Mix) running Chinese Beta rom (MIUI 10).

* I unlocked the boot loader
* Used fastboot to install the right (lithium) TWRP
* booted into TWRP, data partition is password-protected, ignored it.
* wiped data, dalvik, cache. Data is now ext4 partition with a single TWRP folder

Now I need to put the xiaomi.eu ROM onto the sdcard...
But if I reboot to system it asks me for my xiaomi mi password. And apparently it reformats my /data partition again and password-protects it. TWRP folder is lost. /data is filled in with the default layout (DCIM etc). Recovery TWRP is gone as well.

So I am unable to load the new ROM to the data partition and have the data partition readable to TWRP.
Anybody help?

Im currently using Xiaomi EU 9.5.4 stable.
If I upgrade to 9.5.5 or MIUI 10 stable, will I lose my apps data? I have many app and games, I dont want to lose them nor back up all of them. Plz help.

Why there is no update for Mi 8?
I dont see any file for Mi 8.
Please read the second post by Ingbrzy. He wrote that your device is being tested (that means by Xiaomi in China) for the Android version to be upgraded to Android 9 = Android Pie. Xiaomi doesn't bring out weekly ROM's for your phone untill they are ready with Android Pie to be brought to the public.
As the EU-roms are based on the Chinese versions Ingbrzy cannot make a new EU-ROM for you.
Be patient, wait and as soon as a public version of Android Pie is available in China, you will het yours a few days later. Mostly Ingbrzy needs about two days tot prepare our versions after the public China releases.

OK, what am I doing wrong?
Trying to install it for the same time on a new device (Mi Mix) running Chinese Beta rom (MIUI 10).

* I unlocked the boot loader
* Used fastboot to install the right (lithium) TWRP
* booted into TWRP, data partition is password-protected, ignored it.
* wiped data, dalvik, cache. Data is now ext4 partition with a single TWRP folder

Now I need to put the xiaomi.eu ROM onto the sdcard...
But if I reboot to system it asks me for my xiaomi mi password. And apparently it reformats my /data partition again and password-protects it. TWRP folder is lost. /data is filled in with the default layout (DCIM etc). Recovery TWRP is gone as well.

So I am unable to load the new ROM to the data partition and have the data partition readable to TWRP.
Anybody help?
Format data partition

Format data partition
I did that and it worked until next reboot. During boot the original Chinese Developer ROM reformats data partition again and encrypts it. So after a reboot my freshly formatted partition is lot. TWRP is lost as well and replaced by Xiaomi recovery
I did not have such problems with my previous phones and MIUI9.

Try cleaning data and cache in updter app (settings - installed apps - updater - clean data, clean cache) credit to MIUInewbie

Inviato dal mio MI 8 SE utilizzando Tapatalk
Maybe the reason is that version 8.9.6 has been postponed for my phone Mi8.

I did that and it worked until next reboot. During boot the original Chinese Developer ROM reformats data partition again and encrypts it. So after a reboot my freshly formatted partition is lot. TWRP is lost as well and replaced by Xiaomi recovery
I did not have such problems with my previous phones and MIUI9.
Have you typed YES to format data partition?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

What you think about this? I don't have reference to compare...
Give me your feedback please
Thank you
1b9d1fcc89a5b63114768f21a991898c.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ingbrzy, dude! I am amazed at your patience! You are a "Shaolin monk." Your patience is boundless. Thanks for your work. Really, thanks....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jos W and Mario1944
3h coyote GPS in my car + 45 extra minutes of waze + 1h30 movie watching. Battery very good on my mido
8bcdd162f2d8cd1d9af02110bd856b32.jpg

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

3h coyote GPS in my car + 45 extra minutes of waze + 1h30 movie watching. Battery very good on my mido
8bcdd162f2d8cd1d9af02110bd856b32.jpg

5h22 sot, and would still be more than half battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.