Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that and it worked until next reboot. During boot the original Chinese Developer ROM reformats data partition again and encrypts it. So after a reboot my freshly formatted partition is lot. TWRP is lost as well and replaced by Xiaomi recovery
I did not have such problems with my previous phones and MIUI9.
I cannot remember the exact procedure for installing TWRP, but if it is not done fully, the TWRP is not permanent.

Go to twrp.me website (official TWRP) and follow the instructions there for installation - I have not had this problem since using that method.

I cannot remember the exact procedure for installing TWRP, but if it is not done fully, the TWRP is not permanent.

Go to twrp.me website (official TWRP) and follow the instructions there for installation - I have not had this problem since using that method.
I do remember something about TWRP installations with official China roms... If I am remembering correctly, after installing TWRP, you need to reboot directly back into TWRP at least once... This locks it in... Something like that.... If I'm wrong, please forgive me..

I did that and it worked until next reboot. During boot the original Chinese Developer ROM reformats data partition again and encrypts it. So after a reboot my freshly formatted partition is lot. TWRP is lost as well and replaced by Xiaomi recovery
Format data reboot twrp and install eu rom.

I would prefer to reboot in TWRP to Recovery!

Mi Mix 1 Battery Use Pictures:

Screenshot_2018-09-12-03-36-04-030_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2018-09-12-03-36-13-451_com.miui.securitycenter.png
Screenshot_2018-09-12-03-36-29-725_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Its a desaster!! I never had to charge my phone at work. I always could easily go to work with 100% battery at 6am and had to charge it over night (at around 11pm) with still around 30% battery (or even more). I just used it for around 10minutes to do a look a little into 9gag and fell from 76% to 63%.

Yes I did a factory reset and wiped all caches and dalvik right after I flashed the MIUI 10.

I checked my other phone (Ulefone Gemini Pro) and it says Android System 2%, Android-OS 8% and Screen 18% but it has Android 7.1.1, so i think that this build has a massive energy sucking leak somewhere.

Mi Mix 1 Battery Use Pictures:

Its a desaster!! I never had to charge my phone at work. I always could easily go to work with 100% battery at 6am and had to charge it over night (at around 11pm) with still around 30% battery (or even more). I just used it for around 10minutes to do a look a little into 9gag and fell from 76% to 63%.

Yes I did a factory reset and wiped all caches and dalvik right after I flashed the MIUI 10.

I checked my other phone (Ulefone Gemini Pro) and it says Android System 2%, Android-OS 8% and Screen 18% but it has Android 7.1.1, so i think that this build has a massive energy sucking leak somewhere.

It's awake all the time, even with screen off.

You have to find out what is keeping it awake.

I would begin by deleting Facebook, but that is just me. :)

Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi4c and the weekly version 8.4.26. can I just install this latest version or can I have problem after such a long time?

It's awake all the time, even with screen off.

You have to find out what is keeping it awake.

I would begin by deleting Facebook, but that is just me. :)
removing facebook is the first right decision - in so many ways ... next tip, sign completely off from this m*t*erf*c*i*ng "social" network

Erm, it wasn't a problem at anytime with MIUI 9. Battery lasted without any problems for at least 15 hours under normal usage. I even could play pokemon go nonstop for 4 hours (it went from 100% down to 25%)! Thats why I bought this phone to use it lika a normal person, without having to shut down social networks or other stuff, and still have plenty of electricity to get from 6am to 2 or 3am without charging. So I think you know my answer, I wont do what you suggest, because there must be a better solution than this. For example finding out why the system itself needs so much power.

Btw as shown in the pictures, social networks don't need much electricity and I have energy saving on, which shuts down mobile data when screen is off....so your argument is invalid.

Erm, it wasn't a problem at anytime with MIUI 9. Battery lasted without any problems for at least 15 hours under normal usage. I even could play pokemon go nonstop for 4 hours (it went from 100% down to 25%)! Thats why I bought this phone to use it lika a normal person, without having to shut down social networks or other stuff, and still have plenty of electricity to get from 6am to 2 or 3am without charging. So I think you know my answer, I wont do what you suggest, because there must be a better solution than this. For example finding out why the system itself needs so much power.

Btw as shown in the pictures, social networks don't need much electricity and I have energy saving on, which shuts down mobile data when screen is off....so your argument is invalid.

Facebook is known to cause these kinds of problems, always actively checking for news.

But you probably have some Android system app or apps keeping the system awake all the time, that looks to be your problem.

There are ways to find out what it is, checking wakelocks, I don't know how offhand, never had to do that.

You can look at what apps are possibly using too much of other resources, like data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartl_1981
Facebook is known to cause these kinds of problems, always actively checking for news.

But you probably have some Android system app or apps keeping the system awake all the time, that looks to be your problem.

There are ways to find out what it is, checking wakelocks, I don't know how offhand, never had to do that.

You can look at what apps are possibly using too much of other resources, like data.
just scrolled through all apps, even the hidden system apps, and I must admit that I couldn't see anything suspicious. All social media apps had nearly npo active time and didnÄt send big amounts of data (just a few bytes). Nearly all apps have forbidden autostart (there are only two that are allowed, but they have no battery usage as long as the info is trustworthy). All messengers, even fb and whatsapp messenger, have nearly no active time. The only apps that have a higer usage are the ones in the pictures above (android system and android), but I really don't know where I could see what exactly they are doing to find out why they need so much power.

just scrolled through all apps, even the hidden system apps, and I must admit that I couldn't see anything suspicious. All social media apps had nearly npo active time and didnÄt send big amounts of data (just a few bytes). Nearly all apps have forbidden autostart (there are only two that are allowed, but they have no battery usage as long as the info is trustworthy). All messengers, even fb and whatsapp messenger, have nearly no active time. The only apps that have a higer usage are the ones in the pictures above (android system and android), but I really don't know where I could see what exactly they are doing to find out why they need so much power.

You have to look att all the apps included under "Android System".

Perhaps someone with experience from tracking wakelocks can post how?

@ingbrzy

i have problem with popup when install another launcher like nova, i need to go settings and change launcher here, if not the system works without launcher.

I have the same always awake problem since this release on my redmi note 3 pro (kenzo). It's also android system that's draining the battery. I haven't installed anything new for at least a month so there must be a problem with the rom

I do remember something about TWRP installations with official China roms... If I am remembering correctly, after installing TWRP, you need to reboot directly back into TWRP at least once... This locks it in... Something like that.... If I'm wrong, please forgive me..
OK, tried that. Installed TWRP, went into TWRP, formatted data, reboot directly into recovery (TWRP was still there). But when I need to upload rom zip image I need to boot into the system. System does the welcome screen (in Chinese) and encrypts data again and gets rid of TWRP.
If only this phone had removable storage, I would put my rom image straight there without the need to start the system.

"Fersago" I work more smoothly, but for how I set the scale of animation to 0.5x, every time I go to the desktop, the desktop flashes twice. when you set the scale to 1x it is much better.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

OK, tried that. Installed TWRP, went into TWRP, formatted data, reboot directly into recovery (TWRP was still there). But when I need to upload rom zip image I need to boot into the system. System does the welcome screen (in Chinese) and encrypts data again and gets rid of TWRP.
If only this phone had removable storage, I would put my rom image straight there without the need to start the system.
Flash in TWRP again, and do the TWRP reboot... this time after the ROM is installed. I had no problems installing TWRP into my Whyred when i Received it. It had the official China Rom installed and I did not wipe it before upgrading recovery (running Xiaomi.eu now)... Just had to make sure I rebooted TWRP at least once so the rom doesnt overwrite the recovery.

Last edited:
I have the same always awake problem since this release on my redmi note 3 pro (kenzo). It's also android system that's draining the battery. I haven't installed anything new for at least a month so there must be a problem with the rom

Well, I don't have any problem like this on the current version on any of my 3 devices (Mix1, Max1 helium, Note 2) , but I did have something similar on a few previous versions.

But it was easy to fix, as it was the "Media" system app that was eating battery and processor time for no reason.
It was listed separately from the "Android system" stuff, so I just deleted its data and did a force close on it a couple of times, and the problem disappeared.

How to install latest miui 10 dev rom using redwolf recovery? Currently running latest miui 9 eu stable. Redmi note 4x user.

Does anybody know where to get TWRP or install this ROM on a Redmi 6 (non Pro)?

Hello people. Here when the alarm clock turns on the app didn't appear on the lookscreen and I need to open the notification bar to turn it off. Anuone with this issue? Thks (Mi6)

Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global):
  • Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps (eg. Play Store icon flat too, unlike official global MIUI)

Could this be the reason that some icons look weird in this release? Mi Note 3SE
Changed and even smaller which looks much worse than in earlier versions... :(
(especially Gmail, but every icon became somewhat smaller)

8.8.16:
8816.jpg

8.9.6:
896.jpg

Last edited:
on the version of MIUI10 on MI4c there are problems with GPS. does not correctly see the coordinates and finds problematic satellites

Status
Not open for further replies.