MIUI 11.1 9.10.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Mi8 china version but the store where I bought it already unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom one which pretends to be Global, but I want to remove and replace it by xiaomi.eu.
I see that in the devices table in first post the Rollback Protection is not present for Mi8, but I'm not sure what does this means, if this is related with this xiaomi.eu version in particular or with Mi 8 in general

My question is: can I simply flash the xiaomi.eu ROM using TWRP? Or is there any risk that the device gets bricked?
And if yes, do I need to install MIUI xiaomi.eu 10 first or can I go directly to 11 ?

Thanks in advance.
Any risk!
just do what you want
eu rom based on Chinese rom!
if bootloader is unlocked, just flash twrp in fastboot mode and then install eu rom.
no need to install miui 10 first
just go ahead and install latest miui 11 beta
Remember that do a backup as your files and data and do a full wipe in twrp then install your rom.
Goodluck

Sent from my MI 8 UD using Tapatalk

From what version have you updated to this one?
What steps have you done?
What TWRP have you used?
It is that in the first post it is not clear that TWRP is correct 3.1.1 or 3.3.0
If it is updated with 3.2.3 and then 3.3.1 is installed to avoid bootloop, or first 3.3.1 is installed and then updated.
Thanks for everything.

I updated from 9.9.26 with updater app. I have used 3.1.1 twrp since miui 10.5.

Reactions: Hincly
@ingbrzy
The version 11 Roms are great and it fixed some problems found in version 10. Just after the first release of the version 11 rom, the hotspot sharing problem came back. The problem is the WiFi cannot be shared through 5Ghz channel but OK for 2.4GHz. Such problem happens in some versions of miui10 rom but was fixed later. Now it came back. Thank you for great rom.

Any risk!
just do what you want
eu rom based on Chinese rom!
if bootloader is unlocked, just flash twrp in fastboot mode and then install eu rom.
no need to install miui 10 first
just go ahead and install latest miui 11 beta
Remember that do a backup as your files and data and do a full wipe in twrp then install your rom.
Goodluck

Read carefully first post. FORMAT DATA!

Sent from my MI 8

I have a Mi8 china version but the store where I bought it already unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom one which pretends to be Global, but I want to remove and replace it by xiaomi.eu.
I see that in the devices table in first post the Rollback Protection is not present for Mi8, but I'm not sure what does this means, if this is related with this xiaomi.eu version in particular or with Mi 8 in general

My question is: can I simply flash the xiaomi.eu ROM using TWRP? Or is there any risk that the device gets bricked?
And if yes, do I need to install MIUI xiaomi.eu 10 first or can I go directly to 11 ?

Thanks in advance.
My Mi8 is Chinese version and bought it with unlocked bootloader.

I had the same fear before flashing EU Rom but now every thing works perfectly even though I've done clean flash only in the first time and then kept updating using the updater app Since 9.9.27.

I don't know if this related to the fact that my device is Chinese version or not , but most of the bugs that reported here I've never seen them in my device..

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alan098765
My Mi8 is Chinese version and bought it with unlocked bootloader.

I had the same fear before flashing EU Rom but now every thing works perfectly even though I've done clean flash only in the first time and then kept updating using the updater app Since 9.9.27.

I don't know if this related to the fact that my device is Chinese version or not , but most of the bugs that reported here I've never seen them in my device..

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
it because of you did a clean flash

Mi 8 se
Dirty flash. Normal working day, i dont see any bug.
Wifi is better than older version.
What TWRP have you used?
It is that in the first post it is not clear that TWRP is correct 3.1.1 or 3.3.0
If it is updated with 3.2.3 and then 3.3.1 is installed to avoid bootloop, or first 3.3.1 is installed and then updated.
Thanks for everything.

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 257
What TWRP have you used?
Thanks for everything.
what's your problem?

se me queda muñequito Android y no inicia ,Xiaomi mi mix 2s blobal,por favor ayuda

Last edited:
do you know what meaning full wipe?

Common mistake:
_ full wipe is factory reset like and this let the data partition encrypted and lead to bootloop or fastboot when coming from official rom.
- Format is as said a full format of the data partition in order to well deencrypt it.
For sure you known that. but not everybody!

Common mistake:
_ full wipe is factory reset like and this let the data partition encrypted and lead to bootloop or fastboot when coming from official rom.
- Format is as said a full format of the data partition in order to well deencrypt it.
For sure you known that. but not everybody!
Yes you right
But no one say do a factory reset!!
When we saying "FULL WIPE " that mean "CACHE ", "DALVIK CACHE ", "DATA", "INTERNAL STORAGE" & "SYSTEM".
The listener must be wise

dirty flashed from 9.10.17, uninstalled first the magisk, waited more or less than 5 minutes.. then booted successfully.

facebook features updating still present even turning off google play notifications

I do not know how about you guys but I have Google Play Service draining a lot of power from my Mi9 battery - clean installation with the full data format. It is up to 10% an hour. I believe there were several posts from other collegues pointing this issue. This never happened on Android 9 which I just downgraded to after this issue. For me is a serious deal-breaker on this version of ROM. I tried also 9.10.17 and is exactly the same. I have a great favor to ask our devs which are doing great job. Please have a look into this issue. Thanks a lot! Looking forward for next release with this issue sorted out.

Reactions: DavideM84
Yes you right
But no one say do a factory reset!!
When we saying "FULL WIPE " that mean "CACHE ", "DALVIK CACHE ", "DATA", "INTERNAL STORAGE" & "SYSTEM".
The listener must be wise

It says in the first post never wipe system, I done format data and factory reset when coming form global rom to xiaomi.eu and all works great

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

After updating from 9.10.17 to 9.10.24 I have the bluetooth problem again. If I put it in airplane mode, the mobile phone cannot activate bluetooth. It is only activated by restarting the mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.