New 9.12.12 - No image on Netflix, audio only.

GTMoraes

Members
Dec 30, 2018
I've read someone complaining on the main thread that Netflix wasn't working on his 9T, and decided to see if the same thing happened on the Mi 9.

It does. Netflix is broken. There's no image.

Netflix opens, you can pick a show and you can hear it beginning and all. You can see all controls, subtitles, age restrictions and all, but no video image whatsoever.
DRM Info shows that Widevine is at L1.

Curiously, I can take a printscreen out of Netflix, which I think I couldn't before. Maybe there's something to it.
I've attached the screenshot. It's exactly what I can see; I can hear the show, but all I can see is exactly what the screenshot shows.

Amazon Prime Video seems to be working fine. Maybe in a lower resolution, I'm not entirely sure. I fired up Avengers and it seemed low quality

01c486f0bc39ea0354df4e5b3b95774a.jpg

Tapatalked thru my Mi 9

I've read someone complaining on the main thread that Netflix wasn't working on his 9T, and decided to see if the same thing happened on the Mi 9.

It does. Netflix is broken. There's no image.

Netflix opens, you can pick a show and you can hear it beginning and all. You can see all controls, subtitles, age restrictions and all, but no video image whatsoever.
DRM Info shows that Widevine is at L1.

Curiously, I can take a printscreen out of Netflix, which I think I couldn't before. Maybe there's something to it.
I've attached the screenshot. It's exactly what I can see; I can hear the show, but all I can see is exactly what the screenshot shows.

Amazon Prime Video seems to be working fine. Maybe in a lower resolution, I'm not entirely sure. I fired up Avengers and it seemed low quality

01c486f0bc39ea0354df4e5b3b95774a.jpg

Tapatalked thru my Mi 9
Are you on Stable or Weekly?

Same problem on my mi9t pro with prime video, too.
With Magisk Netflix fix (liboemencryt..) it works, but the fix breaks HD

Thanks Putti, not HD like you said, but at least it'll be a temporary fix until they hopefully fix this issue in the next weekly. SD better than no netflix

Can confirm, the build before was working on my 9T Pro but now it's black screen. Amazon prime video the same...

Hi

Well, I got the same issue, I update manually to lastest weekly versión and the problem begins. And in my case Netflix, Prime and HBO do not work (black screen with sound).my phone is a Mi9t pro and as I said before has 9.12.19 version

How do you solved?

Last edited:
Reactions: gibmadikka
I played around with the display settings because this was mentioned in Netflix help center - no success. Netlix itself reports Widevine L1. I completely removed magisk to make sure this isn't causing any issues - still no success :-/

Also black screen on mi9 when looking bought movies in youtube. Seema like a problem with DRM?

Arrived at my inlaws, preparing to binge watch sh** out of the witcher, only to find out that netflix will not run :/ damn it! Also running the latest weekly on mi 9t pro :/
Strangely enough, hbo go works fine...

Arrived at my inlaws, preparing to binge watch sh** out of the witcher, only to find out that netflix will not run :/ damn it! Also running the latest weekly on mi 9t pro :/
Strangely enough, hbo go works fine...
Maybe a logcat while running Netflix could shed some light?

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk