Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelite2015

Members
Dec 6, 2019
Thank you for helping.
Seeing the specs, it has bluetooth 4.2, although, after "googling" a bit, the Snapdragon 665 that RN8T has, supports Aptx and Aptx HD. Digging a little more, from what I read, the phone needs to have a library installed in order to be able to select Aptx.

That's why I asked in first place if this ROM could help on the missing library.
sorry, i retracted my statement...yes my phone also support aptx hd but my wireless earphone(iem) sabatt e12 ultra support aptx only...
thats why i said that both must support it..
and yes this rom support it...
sorry cant attach a photo, my internet is so slow...

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition using Tapatalk

dyingdemon999

Members
Nov 3, 2017
Hi, anyone experiencing camera FC on RN8. Had to clear data n cache. Then it FC again.

io.reactivex.exceptions.OnErrorNotImplementedException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference
at io.reactivex.internal.observers.EmptyCompletableObserver.onError(Unknown Source:7)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableSubscribeOn$SubscribeOnObserver.onError(Unknown Source:2)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableCreate$Emitter.tryOnError(Unknown Source:31)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableCreate$Emitter.onError(Unknown Source:0)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableCreate.subscribeActual(Unknown Source:18)
at io.reactivex.Completable.subscribe(Unknown Source:9)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableSubscribeOn$SubscribeOnObserver.run(Unknown Source:2)
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledDirectTask.call(Unknown Source:9)
at io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledDirectTask.call(Unknown Source:0)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:301)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference
at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:204)
at com.android.camera.network.live.BaseRequest.encodeParameters(Unknown Source:49)
at com.android.camera.network.live.BaseRequest.appendUrlParams(Unknown Source:83)
at com.android.camera.network.live.BaseRequest.execute(Unknown Source:24)
at com.android.camera.network.live.TTLiveStickerResourceRequest.execute(Unknown Source:74)
at com.android.camera.network.live.TTLiveStickerResourceRequest.execute(Unknown Source:1)
at com.android.camera.network.util.NetworkUtils.tryRequestTTSticker(Unknown Source:23)
at com.android.camera.module.loader.camera2.CompletablePreFixCamera2Setup.subscribe(Unknown Source:196)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableCreate.subscribeActual(Unknown Source:10)
... 9 more

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

tico_ocit

Members
Dec 17, 2019
sorry, i retracted my statement...yes my phone also support aptx hd but my wireless earphone(iem) sabatt e12 ultra support aptx only...
thats why i said that both must support it..
and yes this rom support it...
sorry cant attach a photo, my internet is so slow...

Don't worry and thank you for your feedback. Do you already tryed pubg mobile or another shooter game? Just to know if you got any delay.
Now, my question is can i use HMNote8? TWRP I already saw one for RN8T, but not the rom itself.
Thank you in advance.

phelite2015

Members
Dec 6, 2019
Don't worry and thank you for your feedback. Do you already tryed pubg mobile or another shooter game? Just to know if you got any delay.
Now, my question is can i use HMNote8? TWRP I already saw one for RN8T, but not the rom itself.
Thank you in advance.
call of duty mobile....no delay...

Putti

Members
Apr 1, 2019
Will the problem with black screen and HD for Netflix and some other apps be fixed in next release. Quite a lot of people with Mi9Tpro have this problem, but none of the devs said anything about it

Zadder

Members
Dec 6, 2019
I cant update any app.:D

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk
I have the same problem, the download stops, and makes my phone hot for no reason, and it's not a network problem since I can download stuff from other sites just fine, it's just Google Play store that refuses to update apps, I tried uninstalling updates, clearing data, any suggestion?

Dragonfire

Members
Aug 18, 2018
In MI8 Google Play is downloading all time (or maybe is Play Protect working), so battery draining fast.

Gelosss

Members
Oct 24, 2019
how to make a copy of a copy of error 255

On other firmware on other firmware backup is done

mi9t

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2016
what the issue with bluetooth?

The Bluetooth devices are added to Google Smart Lock but the phone doesn't unlock unless you put the fingerprint again. Ex: when connected to my car the phone does not unlock unless I put the pattern or fingerprint, the car is added to Google Smart Lock devices and smart lock is enabled on miui 11 in privacy menu

Poney70

Members
Oct 3, 2019
The Bluetooth devices are added to Google Smart Lock but the phone doesn't unlock unless you put the fingerprint again. Ex: when connected to my car the phone does not unlock unless I put the pattern or fingerprint, the car is added to Google Smart Lock devices and smart lock is enabled on miui 11 in privacy menu
Google Smart Lock never worked on MIUI (for me), don't know why...

x2optimizer

Members
Nov 17, 2018
The option Force 2D GPU rendering is missing in the developer options.

Or is that badly translated into German?

maxniper

Members
Aug 4, 2011
what is your issue with bluetooth?

With Mi air 2 hearphones don't show battery animation, in plus I connect them and the sound continues on the phone, I have to disconnect and reconnect 1 or 2 times to have the sound on mi air 2 and the volume is really to low on max, if someone talk to me I almost barely hear the music.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
In particular it means the phone is unusable with system default font (roboto) I had to install a 3rd party font to recover.

Maybe related to swype keyboard (which crashes on default).

Let's see what next iteration will bring in terms of permissions then.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk
"the phone is unusable"? No point in dramatizing things. It's perfectly usable with all the devices in my possession (Android 8, 9 and 10).
Swype Keyboard works fine here on both Mi 6 (Android 9) and Mi 8 (Android 10). No idea what the problem is with yours, I have no crashes.

Will the problem with black screen and HD for Netflix and some other apps be fixed in next release. Quite a lot of people with Mi9Tpro have this problem, but none of the devs said anything about it
You expect us to purchase Netflix subscription?

On my mi max 3 Google saying mi 8
It's not a problem. This is our workaround for passing SafetyNet test.

Are the developers going to working on it?
Ask Xiaomi to restore the animation they removed. Not our problem and we don't have that headset to test with.

Reactions: rajubd

Karpfenhai

Members
Jul 17, 2016
Igor I didn't complain or blame anyone, plus I found a solution for the time being, a device with constant crash is unusable for me :D

All good mate, I know it's not your fault

с Рождеством!

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Igor I didn't complain or blame anyone, plus I found a solution for the time being, a device with constant crash is unusable for me :D

All good mate, I know it's not your fault

с Рождеством!

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to shut you down, just pointing out that this issue might be limited to your device. Dirty flashing can have many unexpected results.

ycodryn

Members
Jun 22, 2019
On my MI9 I`m using Synology Moments to view my photos/videos from my NAS and until previous miui beta was working fine. Now when I`'m trying to view a video, I have a popup with download .cgi link and not direct streaming like before. I cleared defaults but is not working. Is not even asking me to select a video player to play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.