Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mi8 seems great so far can't comment on drain yet.
Does hidden apps not work? I've Googled and it's supposed to under app lock, settings.
Not there on mine. A previously hidden app is shown as" hidden" in red but I can't add or remove hidden apps.

Hi there, my device is Mi 9

The recovery provided in this link doesn't work: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678

Using the Chinese recovery to flash the zip file, I got the error: wrong zip file, as the device define for your zip is "Cepheus" while the china TWRP defines as "Xiaomi9". Any solution for this?

Best,
TaK

P/S: Nevermind, I have manage to edit the update script forcing installing, will feedback later.

Hi, How did you manged to get the update script working?

Reactions: YOHAMS
[QUOTE = "maikodeizepi, post: 476727, miembro: 231486"] ¿Qué procedimiento usaste? Mi teléfono celular está en bootloop [/ QUOTE]
No tengo twrp instalado en el mi6x, así que lo cargué por adb y, una vez cargado, limpio e instalo la rom. Se necesita tiempo para empezar pero es perfecto.

[QUOTE = "maikodeizepi, post: 476727, miembro: 231486"] ¿Qué procedimiento usaste? Mi teléfono celular está en bootloop [/ QUOTE]
No tengo twrp instalado en el mi6x, así que lo cargué por adb y, una vez cargado, limpio e instalo la rom. Se necesita tiempo para empezar pero es perfecto.
es un 6x tu celular, cierto? en el mi A2 parece no funcionar esta rom

I installed the twrp, but system folders aren't visible...
So, I can't select the rom file to install...

Enviado do meu MI 9 através do Tapatalk
I can see the zips in folder but gives aan error saying its a cepheus file while i have a xiami9 device

I can see the zips in folder but gives aan error saying its a cepheus file while i have a xiami9 device
Can you send me the twrp file?

Ted presley told me the steps

Open the rom zip file, and looking in the follow folder:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_9.3.14_v10-9.zip\META-INF\com\google\android

You will find a file name: "updater-script", copy it, paste it somewhere, open it with notepad. In the first line you will see something like this:

getprop("ro.product.device") == "cepheus" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"cepheus\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Replace the "cepheus" with "xiaomi9", you will have something like this:

getprop("ro.product.device") == "xiaomi9" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"cepheus\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Close the file, it asks to save, yes, save it.

Afterthat, copy the file back to the zip and replace the original file (recommend using winrar or 7zip instead of the windows explorer).

Done, copy to phone, flash the zip.

Last edited:
Thank you to sleep team xiaomi. installed and used. no error. But thanks to the team, you can add customization in the virtual key of mi8 pro. as of iphone. Can add buttons or reduce the number. Would love to be added to the update. Thank you very much

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-16-06-54-12-658_com.miui.touchassistant.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-06-54-12-658_com.miui.touchassistant.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 408
Any working *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* version for this version? Note 6 Pro. My version pictures get greenish

What happens if I format the partition /system when installing the rom after unlocking the bootloader? I have seen in several Forums, pages, videos, etc about the installation of this ROM and they say that it is better to also format the partition /system for a clean ROM installation.
You can do it, but the rom install process will do it also...so no need.
BUT what is mandatory is to format data because the official rom is encrypted and flashing new one will fail.

Can you fix miui quick search padding with notch on.?look weird on mi8 se when search box half at nocth and half is below nocth

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-16-08-37-39-873_com.android.quicksearchbox.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-08-37-39-873_com.android.quicksearchbox.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 383
Hi. I'm currently in china rom on my mi 9 and wanted to switch to EU. May I ask what are the steps please. Do I have to flash global rom first then EU? Or can I directly flash EU? Steps please cause I don't know any of these

Hi. I'm currently in china rom on my mi 9 and wanted to switch to EU. May I ask what are the steps please. Do I have to flash global rom first then EU? Or can I directly flash EU? Steps please cause I don't know any of these
- Unlock the bootloader
- Flash recovery
- Format data (option to clear all including internal storage to remove encryption) --> reboot recovery
- Copy the zip rom to phone
- Flash it

Minor note: the only flashable TWRP I have test is the China one 2702 version which have device code name "xiaomi9", while EU rom uses the official code name "cepheus", you need to edit updater script to able to flash.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Mi8 have battery drain, notification and Google pay problem after installed this week update, right?

Mi8 have battery drain, notification and Google pay problem after installed this week update, right?

No battery drain (4% active in 8 hours night with BT and Wlan) and all notifications work correctly on my Mi8. I can't say GPay because I don't use it.

Wireless screen doesn't work properly and there's no quick access icon on status bar.

Silence mode doesn't stop sound when opening a YouTube video.

Enviado desde mi MI 6 mediante Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.