Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
App vault, in Mix2s (polaris), last update, there is not the option to remove it, in previous versions if there was the option to remove it

App vault, in Mix2s (polaris), last update, there is not the option to remove it, in previous versions if there was the option to remove it
Then what's this?

876171182b77a67f37a32eae600ec595.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: alvarog10
Hi, got a Mi8 EE running 9.3.7 and today i noticed that my brother can unlock my phone with the face unlock feature, it's that normal or a known bug o_O?

I was showing him the new feature of the fingerprint (when you keep pressing the fp reader and then a new menu shows on screen) and when i was tilting the phone the phone unlocked, tried again enabling the option to stay on the lock screen and the face icon changed to a check icon.

Then i just deleted the face data and did a new one, and again he unlocked the phone, then went to my bathroom and didn't switch on any light (to test if the ir was working) and i unlocked the phone :confused:.
To the both of you, it seems the face data is degrading some times after an update, on global Rom they recommend to re-record them, which will fix the issue, just try and you will see.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Hello guys,

I really enjoyed your new rom, excellent work! I just cant make google pay to work. I ve read all the possible solutions, but I cant find any google play services app to delete data. Mi8

I had Dark mode enabled in display settings in my XIAOMI MI 8 SE, but when I've updated to the latest rom, the option to enable dark mode disappeared and I can't disable it anymore
(now the phone it's in dark mode when i turn down the notification bar)
Any suggestion?
EDIT:
flash to a previous rom and then back to the last one doesn't fix it

Last edited:
I had Dark mode enabled in display settings in my XIAOMI MI 8 SE, but when I've updated to the latest rom, the option to enable dark mode disappeared and I can't disable it anymore
(now the phone it's in dark mode when i turn down the notification bar)
Any suggestion?
EDIT:
flash to a previous rom and then back to the last one doesn't fix it
Dark mode is not in Display settings on EU ROMs. It's in Developer options and it's called Night mode.

Mi8 Explorer Edition
Voice Match will never be supported on Mi 8 EE, unless it's officially fixed on China ROM, which is unlikely to happen.
We can only fix Voice Match for devices that have a Global ROM (we need a certain device-specific file from there to fix Voice Match), and since Mi 8 EE doesn't have a Global ROM, there is no way to fix it.
And no, before you ask, using the file from Mi 8 or Mi 8 Pro doesn't work.

Night Mode Glitch after automatically switch from night to day..

Im using default theme : rhodium
MI 8 Explorer

Sure. Xiaomi silently removed "Group selfie" from all devices.

Ohoo, so now its more like automatic mode added on AI it self ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-14-08-53-16-710_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-14-08-53-16-710_com.miui.home.png
    328 KB · Views: 433
IMG_20190314_143504.jpg
Hello! After update doesn't work google pay. Error: root or some different changes in system. Mi8 9.3.7.
Data in google pay and google play servises was clean. Sorry for my english)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-14-14-22-18-506_com.google.android.gms.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-14-14-22-18-506_com.google.android.gms.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: Alex1990
I tried to use black mode but several apps still are in white mode. I don't like this dual mode so i decided to keep the old style.
Regarding Netflix i use it whit Chromecast. However thank you for answering. I tried to ask for help 3 times but nobody answered
Yeah, sometimes seems no one gives a sh.it about help but dont panic, usually this forum is for reporting specific bugs useful for the devs and so on, and less for just hanging around about ROM features and whatever.
You will get used to it, the staff are rock solid and of course there is more tourists here than other ROMs related forums, so thats why your answer about the lack of answers lol.

Voice Match will never be supported on Mi 8 EE, unless it's officially fixed on China ROM, which is unlikely to happen.
We can only fix Voice Match for devices that have a Global ROM (we need a certain device-specific file from there to fix Voice Match), and since Mi 8 EE doesn't have a Global ROM, there is no way to fix it.
And no, before you ask, using the file from Mi 8 or Mi 8 Pro doesn't work.
Some time ago, when I unlocked the bootloader and put the ROM xiaomi.eu if I worked the voice match Google but that ROM gave me problems with the bluetooth so I went back to update as soon as another ROM came out and I lost the option of voice match I do not remember the ROM version that I installed but it worked if I remember that it was a stable ROM. I'm sorry for my English, it's translated with Google.

Last edited:
Yeah issue reappeared after 2 days. :/

Next run - clearing all play services / google services framework / play store data after uninstalling play services beta version and going back to v15 of play services.
Supposedly also relevant for google pay issues.

Will report back after a day or two.

Yeah nvm, this got annoying plus I had some weird network connectivity issues(which could've also been related to custom kernel) so I restored my 9.3.1. backup.
Maybe this is why global beta 9.3.7 was suspended..

Hey I found a weird bug where the face unlock doesn't work on the Pocophone F1, it simply says "couldn't connect to the camera" and then goes back to the previous page, anyone knows a fix? Even a temporary one, like, deleting cache of some kind of app? I searched on the forum but I couldn't find anything.
[E D I T]
Nevermind, I solve it by rebooting the device like 3 times, don't know what happened but it works now so.. Yeah, everything great!

Last edited:
Well then off to global dev - makes sense for them to ignore china roms.
Lack of DRM is a non issue inside china.

I don't think the xiaomi.eu team ever claimed to support widevine l1 and I also doubt they can mod it in from global sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.