MIUI 10.4 9.5.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akr0n

Members
Apr 24, 2019
why would I talk about it when I don't have the issue?
I still don't understand why some RN7 are affected from this issue and some others don't... the certain thing is that this problem affects even other phones not only made by Xiaomi and Redmi, a friend has this bug on his OnePlus 6 <.<

eliam77

Members
Sep 18, 2018
still have a problem on mix 2S :

when i click on a phone number on a mail application , it crash it.

Benjamin Cseke

Members
Dec 9, 2016
Dear Developers!
I have a Mi9 Transparent Edition 8/256GB!
The Xiaomi.eu version for the regular Mi9 is compatible with my device? Or I have to wait for an exact version made for the Transparent Edition? I see the last year Mi8 Explorer has a separate ROM than the Mi8.
Thank you for your answer!

wyzga

Members
Jun 3, 2019
Dear Developers!
The Xiaomi.eu version for the regular Mi9 is compatible with my device? Or I have to wait for an exact version made for the Transparent Edition? I see the last year Mi8 Explorer has a separate ROM than the Mi8.
Because there is a difference in hardware between Mi 8 and Mi 8 EE (classic fingerprint reader vs fingerprint under display). Not sure for 100%, but it should work for Mi 9 TE.

Reactions: Benjamin Cseke

Wackid

Members
Mar 3, 2019
Mi9 (hw is global) always disables/deactivates google news after sleep or restart. Is there a solution? Or is this a fact (like ok google) or an issue?
Mi5, 6 and 8 are working without problems.
Yes i have noticed it too.... Google News Widget also not clickable

Reactions: Mali2

Wizard84

Members
Jun 29, 2017
I'm experiencing serious delay/lag when unlocking the phone (using both fingerprint and the side button). Sometimes the screen takes like 4-6 seconds to turn on. Is anyone else experiencing this?

PD: i'm using a Pocophone F1.
Yes, I have the same problem with this update. (poco-f1)

Fordlobus

Members
Jun 27, 2017
Dear Developers!
Hi! I have same as yours, which TWRP did you install? I tried Cepheus TWRP, but although sends and writes recovery, doesn't boot on TWRP.
Any ideas?

Aug 26, 2016
@Igor Eisberg
The issue of Themes being displayed over other Apps, and not remaining disabled - is this something that is in xiaomi.eu domain, or needs fixing by China team?
Screenshot_2019-06-05-18-07-26-267_com.miui.home.png

Screenshot_2019-06-05-18-07-36-755_com.android.settings.png

Every time it is switched off, within an hour it comes back again - had only started immediately after upgrading to 9.5.23, waited for a week or so to see if it cleared in the next release, but it appeared again after 24 hours after flashing 9.5.30.

Fordlobus

Members
Jun 27, 2017
Hi all, so I tried to install TWRP EQUULEUS on my new Xiaomi Mi9 8/256 and got in a bootloop.
Either I put it on fastboot, or goes to Mi-recovery, where I can basically Wipe Data, Reboot or connect with Mi Assistant.

When tried to flash stock global Rom, with MiFlash Tool, apparently locked the bootloader again, so I´m stuck.
My PC doesn´t see the device so I can´t copy a new rom to Downloaded Roms folder,
so I cannot copy the one I downloaded from here: https://en.miui.com/download-361.html

Fastboot commands to try install TWPR again, don´t work and says "Canot erase data on locked ¿device?"

Did I just turn my 600€ mobile into a damn brick?

Help please!

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
View attachment 24882

View attachment 24883

Every time it is switched off, within an hour it comes back again - had only started immediately after upgrading to 9.5.23, waited for a week or so to see if it cleared in the next release, but it appeared again after 24 hours after flashing 9.5.30.
I also have "Display over other apps" enabled for Themes app, yet I don't remember ever seeing that notification.

Fordlobus

Members
Jun 27, 2017
unlock it again as you did the first time
Hi!
I bought the phone online and came already unlocked. Now I don´t know how to unlock again, since I tried to install weekly rom before setting up and bind my account to the phone... Can I still save it?
Thank you!!

Ivo001

Members
Sep 9, 2016
Hey, how can I do a full clean install?

My Mi8 is having lots of problems, the cleaner app seems to have removed some essential data.
I can't update apps or download new apps, can't add/remove google accounts (it just goes back to login screen), lots of apps don't open, or instantly crash.

I already tried flashing the latest rom and wiping dalvik/cache, but I think there is something missing in the system partition?

Lermite

Members
Apr 3, 2019
I bought the phone online and came already unlocked. Now I don´t know how to unlock again, since I tried to install weekly rom before setting up and bind my account to the phone... Can I still save it?
My phone is in french and my translations are approximate but here are the steps to install another rom on a locked Xiaomi phone:

- enable the Developper settings
- in those, enable the USB debug feature
- unlock your bootloader with https://en.miui.com/unlock/ and following its instructions
- after your phone is unlocked, download a recovery on your PC: TWRP, OrangeFox, RedWolf, PitchBlack,... the choice is yours but always choose the lastest version.
- unzip this near the root directory of a drive, for example c:\adb\ : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754459552
- move the .img of the downloaded recovery in the ADB directory
- plug your phone to your PC with an USB cable
- while holding the Shift key pressed, right click on the backgroung of the directory then select "Command here"
- in the command line windows, type: fastboot boot recovery recovery.img (where recovery.img is the recovery file). It should reboot the phone in the new recovery despite it isn't installed yet.
- in this recovery, copy the recovery.img file on your phone
- use the Install feature to install it then reboot into the recovery again.
- install the xiaomi.eu ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.