Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm was using the update but screen went black had to restart and front camera not working on mix 3, also android auto not working right when on maps navigating it will just freeze so I have to unplug the phone to keep it working, so went back to 9.6.27 That ROM works great

Reactions: Tharcyzo
MI6 video calling in volte is missing.youtube and whatsapp reduced size not getting expanded after using .minimising function is not working.mail app not showing header

The same just happened on my Mi8 .
After disabling HW Overlays in dev settings i rebooted and checked my settings to see if it stayed disabled.
It did not, after rebooting , i had to disable again, so, after every reboot i have one more thing to check now.
I hope a fix comes out soon, when i make a setting adjustment , i expect it to stay that way.

Reactions: Iago14
After disabling HW Overlays in dev settings i rebooted and checked my settings to see if it stayed disabled.
It did not, after rebooting , i had to disable again, so, after every reboot i have one more thing to check now.
I hope a fix comes out soon, when i make a setting adjustment , i expect it to stay that way.
Not all of the settings in Developer options are persistent. "Disable HW overlays" is a special setting that applies to the current OS session only.
After a reboot, SurfaceFlinger service is restarted with the initial behavior. This is identical to AOSP, not MIUI's fault.

If you use Magisk, there's a Magisk module that disables HW overlays on boot: https://github.com/rhjdvsgsgks/Disable-HW-overlays/releases

Thank you Nice Rom.

I use Redmi Note 7, and use EuRom 9.7.11(Weekly) . Almost OK.

Setting >> Notification will crash.. , When I chose Japanese language.

Setting >> Notification will not crash.. , When I chose English language.

I wish care this problem. Thank you.

Thank you Nice Rom.

I use Redmi Note 7, and use EuRom 9.7.11(Weekly) . Almost OK.

Setting >> Notification will crash.. , When I chose Japanese language.

Setting >> Notification will not crash.. , When I chose English language.

I wish care this problem. Thank you.
Report to the Japanese repo. Links on the main post.

9.6.27 redmi note 5 pro whyred
Download rom manually, open update app, choose rom package, dirty flash.
9.6.27>9.7.4>9.7.11
Sometimes freezing black screen, I use QuickBall to go back to homescreen. And reboot phone.
I think it maybe the screen lock method or cache got wrong.
I change my Nova launcher setting lock screen method to admin option.
Wipe cache&dalvik and reboot if I got trouble.
All things ok now, freezing screen problem is not happened again.
There is a bug in 9.6.27.
picture edit if you zoom out and use noodle you just draw different position.
But updated to 9.7.11 this bug fixed.
Thx devs this rom is the best I ever seen.
Keep miui features and mod to perfect.
i really enjoy it.

Not all of the settings in Developer options are persistent. "Disable HW overlays" is a special setting that applies to the current OS session only.
After a reboot, SurfaceFlinger service is restarted with the initial behavior. This is identical to AOSP, not MIUI's fault.

If you use Magisk, there's a Magisk module that disables HW overlays on boot: https://github.com/rhjdvsgsgks/Disable-HW-overlays/releases
Is this going to be a recurring problem where i need to flash this zip or should i just go the temp route and wait for a permanent fix ?

Netflix not compatible in this devices. iam using mi8.
800725988c69971e6d16bace618c8f84.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Try Apkmirror.com as a workaround.

Reactions: haziqabgsapri
Having same problem since last update on Mix 2S, screen freeze, blinking and sometimes cant even unlock the device. Back to 9.6.27

Reactions: birdyZep
#BUG
MI Max 3
Calculator freezes when click on the button "minus".
Tried to clear the app data and reboot. Same.

#BUG
MI Max 3
Calculator freezes when click on the button "minus".
Tried to clear the app data and reboot. Same.
View attachment 25323
No such problem here.

Is this going to be a recurring problem where i need to flash this zip or should i just go the temp route and wait for a permanent fix ?
It's not a flashable ZIP, it's a Magisk module. I don't know if it's going to be a recurring problem, it's out of our control.

Solved.
The power button was stucked
Mi 5S Plus restarted few hours after upgraded and entered in a boot loop. Can't enter in Recovery and neither in Fastboot.

Last edited:
Having same problem since last update on Mix 2S, screen freeze, blinking and sometimes cant even unlock the device. Back to 9.6.27
As the same experience on me with redmi note 5 pro, wipe cache&dalvik and do it again if you got trouble again. Finally all thing ok lollllll.

Status
Not open for further replies.