Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to say that I am on ******** ROM.
this is heavily based on EUROMS, and the way my rom is handling the bug is quite acceptable.
what i did for my phone to work after it acts up, was to turn ON MIUI optimization on developer settings

after that, everytime the phone experience this black screen, it somehow recovers, tho slowly but it recovers for me to wait so that i can clearly press the reboot buttons.

before turning ON the MIUI optimization, my black screen just stays black
just sharing

I believe that I'm the only with Mi8 that don't have black screen problem with latest version !!!!

Is cheers for good work. It is mix3 but the application may overlap and the screen may flicker, and can not set notification at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-08-20-02-30-801_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-20-02-30-801_com.miui.home.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 357
How do i disable the option that allows the phone to be unlocked for 5 seconds after i locked it, without having to recognize my fingerprint or face?

I believe that I'm the only with Mi8 that don't have black screen problem with latest version !!!!

I never got the black screen on my Mi 8, but I have still reverted back a version. For me the issues were the drain that I was facing. Whilst I saw the camera had vastly improved from the previous version of the ROM the drain was pretty bad. Also had some issues with scrolling in Chrome and seeing the non-optimized curves on pages. Dirty flashed back without issue.

hello, echoing the stability issues reported by other Mi Mix 2S users
I noticed that after the update the phone started becoming unresponsive (or extremely slow responsive) with the graphics not being refreshed, sometimes showing one layer on top of the other one, and the only way to recover is a reboot
a few minutes after the reboot, behaviour returns

mi9 media bug
sometimes i need to reboot the device the get the sound working . and other times the music goes with a wierd echo

I have some kind of media bug on xiaomi.eu ROMs on Mi9 from time to time. When I updated (dirty over previous) to 9.7.4 sounds were not working at all, even after restart. I had to reflash the ROM to make them work. I got this error several times on previous various versions where I needed to restart the phone to make sound work.
I still have some previous bugs present on this version like notifications in lock-screen and AOD working only from time to time for apps like Whatssapp or Facebook and PiP not working at all for Youtube Vanced; and I can confirm that buttons are not working on the apps that do start in PiP mode.

Also a new bug: proximity sensors doesn't work during calls; even if I manually close the screen of the phone it opens again after a second during a call. Anyone else experiencing that, or maybe I should try to dirty flash the ROM again?
Thanks to the Devs fo the ROM. I'm sure most of the bugs are caused by the Chinese base ROM and not their work in particular...

Last edited:
Reactions: menasolomon
Since I am using xiaomi.eu ROM (3 latest versions, I am a recent Mi 9 user) i have a problem with Chrome, nav bar doesn't looks fine completely random. Does anyone have the same problem?
a5c1d57db698ab5c7672f14383740f20.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Since I am using xiaomi.eu ROM (3 latest versions, I am a recent Mi 9 user) i have a problem with Chrome, nav bar doesn't looks fine completemy random. Does anyone have the same problem?
a5c1d57db698ab5c7672f14383740f20.jpg

I had exactly the same in the latest, one of the reasons I reverted back

Back to which version? Un the last three I have the same problem (didn't tested before this three because I didn't have the Mi 9 yet. Thank you!

Okay guys, regarding the black screen, it seems, touching dc dimming / anti flicker cures at least this issue, i didn't had it active but after turning it on / off the phone is up since 2 days and counting, but, automatic brightness sucks now, means, max brightness cannot be reached while it's off, low brightness is not working while it's on.

Phone remains stable on the other hand, please test and report.

Overlay issue persists, so wait for next rom.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Hi, there is a way to update security patch for Mi5? I've used xiaomi.eu ROM for Mi5 for a long time, but since when the patch are stopped to October I've changed ROM, if other (custom, Android stock) ROMs update patch why this amazing ROM based on MIUI can't do it?!

I'd like to use MIUI ROM with latest security patch, can you explain me why it isn't possible on MIUI ROM?!

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, there is a way to update security patch for Mi5? I've used xiaomi.eu ROM for Mi5 for a long time, but since when the patch are stopped to October I've changed ROM, if other (custom, Android stock) ROMs update patch why this amazing ROM based on MIUI can't do it?!

I'd like to use MIUI ROM with latest security patch, can you explain me why it isn't possible on MIUI ROM?!

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Because AOSP-based ROMs are updated by Google and built from source. We don't have any sources for any MIUI ROMs, so it's Xiaomi you should be questioning.
No point in nagging about that here. I'm also using a Mi 5, and I'm waiting for a new security patch as well. Same goes for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus users.
Merely the comparison between open-source AOSP and closed-source MIUI means that you have a lot of learning and research to do.

Reactions: pepperega27
Status
Not open for further replies.