Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In TWRP, can you see your phone on your pc/notebook? What do you see? Is this in TMP mode, or you se only TWRP folder?

In Redmi 5 ( Rosy ), since the update of miui.eu v9.6.27, a clean flash results in a boot loop. After install, phone start normally but instantly it reboot to recovery.

Btw guys, beside the black screen issue, did anyone notice, the data-connection-lost-after-switching-from-WiFi-to-mobile is gone!

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

tell me what to do please i dont have any other phone... is there any hope we fix this ...
The look like they are the encrypted names of the fIles.

You had successfully connected the phone to your PC/laptop?
You have copied the ROM .zip file you are using to a safe location on the PC

When you booted into TWRP, you went to "Wipe", then selected "Format Data"?
This should take you to a warning screen with red text, warning that format will delete all data, photo's, etc...
At this point you need to type "yes" to re-format the device and remove the encryption.

Following this step you need to re-boot your phone into Recovery (power and Vol-down buttons press & hold simultaneously).

Connect your phone to the laptop and copy the ROM to the Internal Storage (Downloads folder).

Disconnect phone from laptop.

Following this, in TWRP, go to the install page, select the wanted ROM from the Download folder, then swipe across at the bottom to flash the ROM.

ALWAYS HAVE YOUR PHONE FULLY CHARGED AND PLUGGED INTO A POWER SOURCE TO HELP AVOID A CORRUPTED FLASH.

then follow the instructions in TWRP, once the ROM is flashed, then go to Wipe, Cache/Dalvik (swipe to carry out the wipe) to clean the cache following the flash, then you Reboot to System, and wait for the phone to reboot - normally it will take 2-3 minutes, but first time it may take longer.

DO NOT BE IMPATIENT, JUST WAIT FOR IT TO COMPLETE.

Use YouTube Vanced instead.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
How did you make it work?

Have issues since 3 weeks.

Root installer (twrp) no magisk module nor Pico gapps.
Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Mi mix 3 it causes freezing and screen not responding on lock screen. Also about 2 times a day it shuts down the device (or maybe freezes it completely) and you have to reboot.
Definitely not good for daily driver....
I had to go back to previous version that works ok...

I am going to have to second this like many others, was not even able to run logcat. back to last week and we will see what comes next. Thanks for the development though team.

proper GPS lock - what do you mean?
It means you set Location services to High accuracy mode, and make sure GPS lock is achieved.
You open Google Maps, and you wait until you get a "Location set by GPS" notification.

Settings / Display / Show rounded corners. i guess, you have a phone with real corners.
That setting doesn't exist for devices with actual rounded screens, that's why that issue is so weird. No idea why it happens and I don't have an affected device to analyze it.

Reactions: undeflorate
It means you set Location services to High accuracy mode, and make sure GPS lock is achieved.
You open Google Maps, and you wait until you get a "Location set by GPS" notification.

yes, activating GPS has helped, but GPS must be turned on non-stop, this is an idiotic solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.