9.8.8/9/10/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
very funny on my Mi9:
I flashed the "P"-update long ago without the decrypt-bla-bla, because I didn't care. I always had to enter my unlock-pattern when entering twrp (3.3.1-35) to access memory.
I flashed 9.8.8 as dirty as possible (as always, why should I wipe dalvik and such, it's included in the updater script) and it works perfect.
I was ok with waiting for a new twrp, but guess what: I entered twrp and can access my internal storage without entering the unlock pattern.

Mi9 9.8.8 android Q, after flashed Magisk stucked on booting animation, not able to root now.

How can I downgrade to android P?

very funny on my Mi9:
I flashed the "P"-update long ago without the decrypt-bla-bla, because I didn't care. I always had to enter my unlock-pattern when entering twrp (3.3.1-35) to access memory.
I flashed 9.8.8 as dirty as possible (as always, why should I wipe dalvik and such, it's included in the updater script) and it works perfect.
I was ok with waiting for a new twrp, but guess what: I entered twrp and can access my internal storage without entering the unlock pattern.
Are u Shure about that, the internal it's encrypted

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

via ADB or USB OTG, no wipe needed..
Code:
adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_9.8.15_v10-10.zip /storage
adb shell twrp install /storage/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_9.8.15_v10-10.zip

I flashed the zip via twrp without any problems.however my 84hz mode was overwritten. Device mi 9.

Reactions: migueli2
Could someone help me to upload browser of Mi8 9.8.1 eu? I use 9.8.8 right now and unfortunately I got just only half of page shown on browser display if I open some local website (I stay in Indonesia).

Now if I open any website and go to search something in the website, then there is just only a half page shown on the browser display...

It gives me problems with the automatic brightness ... I would not let up the brightness of the dark that was included in full sun .... I turn to 9.8.1

Enviado desde mi Redmi K20 mediante Tapatalk

hello... it's possible to port panorama selfie and mimoji to mi8se...?

ef257f6831b5bee5aba3175bcf9819da.jpg

Enviado de meu MI 8 SE usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Daenjel and deadcpu
From all I read about flashing Q on mi9, twrp currently cannot see the files in encrypted phones after flashing Q, but if I use an OTG USB drive with all the zio filea on it, I should be able to flash everything via my flash drive regardless of the encryption because the external flash card is fully visible. Correct?

And more importantly, does Q have navigation keys at the bottom of the screen, or are they gone for good? Why would I want to upgrade to Q if my pie version works well to my liking? What features will I gain by using Q?

Finally I fixed my issue. It is due to a incompatible module with Q. But due to a encryption reason the classic method for uninstall module from TWRP doesn't work.I need manually remove it from adb folder(I remove everything because it all encrypted). Now it's seem ok, also for me the same issue reported by other people like "AI Botton".
Tomorrow I will write if I found other .
;)

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mi9 working perfect.
Really smooth and great battery life.

Just wonder about pocket mode.
I can't find it in my mi 9
Anyone can help with that?

Finally I fixed my issue. It is due to a incompatible module with Q. But due to a encryption reason the classic method for uninstall module from TWRP doesn't work.I need manually remove it from adb folder(I remove everything because it all encrypted). Now it's seem ok, also for me the same issue reported by other people like "AI Botton".
;)

what is your magisk 19.4 come from?

;)

could you pls post you detail steps? thanks

could you pls post you detail steps? thanks
If you can enter inside your recovery it's very easy.
You need to go to advanced options --> File manager --> data --> adbm
In this folder you can find yours old magisk module.
Due to encryption it is impossible recognize specific module, and for this reasons you need delete all.
After this you return back to recovery home and flash again your magisk (I used 19.4 canary) .
After this the boot will work without problems .

Reactions: wliu88
Ultra battery saver is not working on max 3, anyone else?
It's only available for like... 4 devices (nitrogen is one of them) and seems to be buggy. That's the nature of Beta. I don't recommend using this mode right now.
Does your ai button work on the mi 9?
Mine doesn't and I can't change the ai button settings. View attachment 25672
View attachment 25674
View attachment 25675
Known. Not our issue, Xiaomi didn't compile Settings app with the necessary Android Support libraries. This can't be fixed without the source code. Report to Xiaomi.

Reactions: nik.shersh
While checking reviews for this rom i see that some features are enabled for the reviewers and not in my phone even that the reviewer's phone is older than mine , like drive mode , kid mode , specially "special features"
Is there a way to enable and try this features or it's device related ?
Overall thank you for the amazing job

Status
Not open for further replies.