New Android auto and Mi8 Black bars on car display

thugzie

Members
Feb 29, 2012
Hey.
I have a huge problem with android auto. IT was working well on my Mi6 and when i moved to Mi8, android auto doesnt display correctly on my car's display ( check the enclosed pic - Black bars top and bottom-which causes AA to be unusable)
I assume it is a notch related problem as the same is on oneplus6 ( but there is fix im the works according to devs). On op6 temporary solution is to hide the notch but it's not helping on my Mi8. Can you help please? And solve this asap?

Attachments

• IMG_20180621_153157~01.jpg
    IMG_20180621_153157~01.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,678
Try checking fullscreen display for the app in the fullscreen display settings. This worked for me with Waze showing black bars.

and If I change the full screen for WAZE it reboots my phone (waze freezes for a while and then phone reboots :(

It is a DPI's fault i think. default dpi is 440. When I change it to 200-180, AA starts to look almost OK, BUT the icons on the bottom menu are very very small :(
is it a MIUI's fault or some tweaks? please help me to repair this bug :( as phone is unusable with dpi 180 :/

Really great of Xiaomi killing Android Auto for me again. Bought a Mi5s and had to wait till LineageOS to use ist because only under Lineage Android Auto worked and now with my Mi8 it is just the same.
Really piece of work Xiaomi....
Any hope someone creating the .eu ROM can fix this?

Reactions: thugzie
That is a awful bug. I hate it. I managed to find a temporary fix - dl secondscreen from playstore, create a new profile and add DPI change to 160 (lower DPI is blocked) and everytime you launch AA - you need to launch that profile in secondscreen. AA looks better but still far from perfect. and that is really pain in the ass.

Reactions: 8enj4m1n
I hope they will fix this, otherwise this phone is making me more angry every day.. or maybe it is android auto's fault? maybe it is not prepared to run on devices with notch (oneplus6 has the same problem BUT if you hide the notch - AA starts to look ok - on MI8 hiding notch doesn't help.

no news sometimes is good news.. but there was no acknoledgement of the problem - that is the worst scenario :(

is this issue resolved? Im having problems using my Mi 8 on my car's head unit. Android Auto is not working...

Maybe the problem is not the Mi 8, the android auto apk might have problems with our phone :/

the problem is the notch and it's lack of support in Oreo. Android P has support for notched phones. But someone should reply if this is xiaomi's fault or google.
Oneplus has sorted this problem very fast.

E estou com o problema de telas pretas . meu aparelho é o Mi 8. Alguém já tem uma solução? Me ajudem por favor