Android Version Vs Miui Version

Samo Dadela

Members
Feb 14, 2016
Hi,

I just noticed that different devices have different Android versions but run the same MIUI. For example RN2 has Android 5.0, Mi4c has 5.1, Mi5 has 6.0... but all run the same MIUI, for example MIUI8. So I guess MIUI is a layer on top of Android? What is the connection?

Also I'd like to know if there will be an update to Android 5.1 or even better 6.0 for RN2? Who is responsible for upgrading the android version? Xiaomi? Can xiaomi.eu do it to?

Regards,

Samo

Hi,

I just noticed that different devices have different Android versions but run the same MIUI. For example RN2 has Android 5.0, Mi4c has 5.1, Mi5 has 6.0... but all run the same MIUI, for example MIUI8. So I guess MIUI is a layer on top of Android? What is the connection?

Also I'd like to know if there will be an update to Android 5.1 or even better 6.0 for RN2? Who is responsible for upgrading the android version? Xiaomi? Can xiaomi.eu do it to?

Regards,

Samo
Indeed, it's kind of a customized ROM build on Android.
And I doubt the Xiaomi.eu team will be able to upgrade the Android base. It's completely up to the actual manufacturer to do that.

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Reactions: heksmi