Any fix for Chrome menu issue????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The instructions to map the buttons back are mentioned earlier in this thread... So that shouldn't be an issue.

Then again, I somehow miss the 'long press home to show recent apps' function and I can only select 'Close Current App' in the buttons section of the settings?
Whats your language?
This seems to be a translation issue because that function already exists in other languages like En or mine.

Good luck, it just wasn't meant to be .
Well goodbye. Oh.. and fyi .. we didnt change anything yet. Its still few days until next friday.
But I understand this typical american behaviour...

Last edited:
Reactions: ingbrzy
But now I have money back, and i do not want a xiaomi mipad without a recent apps key, so I will buy something else. I guess Nvidia shield tablet. It sounds like you guys were not ready to release a product yet, it's still in beta phase. Typical of Chinese electronics... It always seems to be the case, they sell the product before the software is even usable.
FYI, the tablet works fine with the stock miui rom. You are not forced in any way to use the developer rom which is weekly released. Whatever happens then, it's on you. Or you keep using the stock rom.

With the stock rom, you get to keep the recent apps button and the 3 dot menu button in Chrome. I just went with the developer rom because :
1) I have always done it with my xiaomi devices
2) I want a rooted rom.

Whats your language?
This seems to be a translation issue because that function already exists in other languages like En or mine.

English language, but I think I messed around with keylayouts and other things too much. I ended up reflashing 4.8.8 from recovery and that has things fixed again.

(By now I have media_rw enabled, keylayout changed, some apps converted to system apps and lcd_density adjusted by default but I messed around with quite a bit of other tricks... Trying to enable softkey menu, add init.d scripting, etc... So prolly did something there to mess things up)

Well goodbye. Oh.. and fyi .. we didnt change anything yet. Its still few days until next friday.
But I understand this typical american behaviour...

You guys release crappy software that's not ready for release, can't figure out how to get basic Android menu functionality even though no other device maker has a problem with it and your solution is to jerry-rig a fix by changing the hardware functionality, which will consequently mislabel devices in the future... Then you don't understand why a customer would be upset...

And your only solution to say "well it does work out of the box, stick with the original update and never get a new one!"

All i can say to that is:

"Typical Chinese behavior".

If I'm an uppity American for not only expecting a product to work as advertised, but to continue to receive updates and development in the future that actually improve a device instead of breaking it, then I'm guilty as charged. Maybe after you guys develop into a first world nation, you will have a higher standard of quality for high end consumer goods as well...

You guys release crappy software that's not ready for release, can't figure out how to get basic Android menu functionality even though no other device maker has a problem with it and your solution is to jerry-rig a fix by changing the hardware functionality, which will consequently mislabel devices in the future... Then you don't understand why a customer would be upset...

And your only solution to say "well it does work out of the box, stick with the original update and never get a new one!"

All i can say to that is:

"Typical Chinese behavior".

If I'm an uppity American for not only expecting a product to work as advertised, but to continue to receive updates and development in the future that actually improve a device instead of breaking it, then I'm guilty as charged. Maybe after you guys develop into a first world nation, you will have a higher standard of quality for high end consumer goods as well...
lol.. You have no idea where EU is...

btw, you don't have mipad and you already pissed off whole dev team.. Thanks god you never will have it..
One more stupid post from you and BAN is yours.. I don't care you are an American... World is not yours...

~Tapatalk~

Last edited:
Why would I want the mipad now? You guys can't even get BASIC functionality to work without nuking the hardware keys back to the Gingerbread Era. It's truly laughable and pathetic.

Even more pathetic and laughable is the miui attempt to blatantly plagiarise the artistic style and feel of Apple, while doing nothing but crippling Android usability in the process. No app drawer: are you guys for real?

And are you actually from the EU? Not possible! I was told people knew how to speak English there...

Ban ho, matey!

Later, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.