any info about when EU Miui going to get Mimoji? (i saw we already have it on the cn ver)

James Crow

Members
Sep 11, 2014
i installed the cn dev before the eu rom came out and i saw i have the MiMoji in the camera app.
but now i installed the eu and i notice we dont have it, any info about when we can get it? thanks.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Wow that's very secretive. Anyways, I trust you and the dev team on their decisions.
It's not secretive at all. The feature is only available on a very few devices (only Mi 9 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, if I remember correctly) and takes up a lot of space. Since it's a toy limited for use in China only more than a feature, we prefer to keep it disabled an free up the space taken by the feature's libraries.
There, I eventually answered the "why" question.

Trần Anh

Members
Aug 6, 2014
It's not secretive at all. The feature is only available on a very few devices (only Mi 9 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, if I remember correctly) and takes up a lot of space. Since it's a toy limited for use in China only more than a feature, we prefer to keep it disabled an free up the space taken by the feature's libraries.
Just laugh out loud :D
Edit: And just realize the reaction emoticon here, awesome

James Crow

Members
Sep 11, 2014
thanks thats a great answer.
can we ask for separate installer via recovery for those who want it on the supported devices?
-if its not too much work ofc, i like this toy but than again i like this rom more (using it from the first version before xiaomi even had phones XD)

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
thanks thats a great answer.
can we ask for separate installer via recovery for those who want it on the supported devices?
-if its not too much work ofc, i like this toy but than again i like this rom more (using it from the first version before xiaomi even had phones XD)
You wouldn't be able to flash it anyways, like I said, it takes too much space.