Aosp 4.4 KitKat ROM AOSP by ivan

I have this rom for almost two weeks now and I'm getting ghost touches since yesterday :s don't know if it is the rom or my touchscreen...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk
Clean your screen? New screen protector?
Or..
Two ways to find out: Boot into the other system and see what happens next........
Or just backup and flash miui or whatever other rom.

Maybe the best thing to do is check if you have ghost touches on just AOSP reflash the rom and see if it is still there. Good luck and let us know :)

Or..
Two ways to find out: Boot into the other system and see what happens next........

Maybe the best thing to do is check if you have ghost touches on just AOSP reflash the rom and see if it is still there. Good luck and let us know :)
K I will try cm11 now from m1cha with his nexus 4 kernel, also i removed my screenprotector log time ago because it got so many scratches, I already tried to reboot several times and cleaned my screen

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Or..

Ghost touches ? what is that ?
Is it like when you touch screen while typing or something else, it Flickers ? that is what i am experiencing right now with Mokee's latest build.
If yes, how do we avoid it ? I am sure your first idea will not rectify that as it is not related to dust over the screen or it has got anything to do with screen protector.

Anything related to settings ? or is it because of a Kernel problem ? i flashed M1cha's latest Philz kernel...
I am using it. Should i flash old 6.0.3.2 kernel now & see if it repeats ?
Your valuable inputs are highly appreciated...

Is it like when you touch screen while typing or something else, it Flickers ? that is what i am experiencing right now with Mokee's latest build.
If yes, how do we avoid it ? I am sure your first idea will not rectify that as it is not related to dust over the screen or it has got anything to do with screen protector.

Anything related to settings ? or is it because of a Kernel problem ? i flashed M1cha's latest Philz kernel...
No, that's just a graphical bug.
Ghost touches is like a ghost touching your screen. You do not touch the screen but it acts like it is being touched.

I had this ghost touches from 4.1 aosp. Simply turn off the screen an turn on to fix it when it happens. Its an hw problem I think. Btw I'm testing too lastest mokee os, and the touchscreen is less responsive than m1cha's cm11

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

No, that's just a graphical bug.
Ghost touches is like a ghost touching your screen. You do not touch the screen but it acts like it is being touched.
OK, then i don't have Ghost Touches. It is something to do with Graphics..
Can i do something else for this ?

I also have ghost touches, mostly visible when I'm in the camera app, that later on I see pictures taken of things I didn't do. Clearly by themselves, unfocused, close up, on the table etc. It also happened to me last week, the Mi2s was in an arm pouch while I was running and it stopped runkeeper. So strange. But it doesn't happen often luckily. I'm on the latest Ivan aosp too.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Are Ivan still working on this rom? Pretty long time since the latest update.

Skickat från min MI 2 via Tapatalk

Switched to this one from mokee. This one is smoother and battery life is similar. And to my surprise I get 27777 on Antutu, which is almost as good as in miui! So the smoothness I experience is not just in my mind

Well after 10 days of using this rom it is truly amazing, I use Xposed with Gravitybox and no other tweaks at all! Oh yes I'm using Apex Launcher.
I will keep using this as I did not encounter any battery drain / force closings of apps or reboots. Really happy with this!
Screenshot_2014-03-18-23-20-34.png

30% of battery left so I guess ~3-4 hours of screen on could be achieved with this rom with 3 days of use. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395225773486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395225773486.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for this big screenshots. I posted it here because @manohar asked me to post my screenshots here as i told that i have good battery life on my phone with miui rom
Ah I understand. Allthough @manohar should have known there is a whole thread which has information about battery life of our phone :p And there has been a lot of posts about battery life in this thread already.

My Wifi is not working? Anyone that has a solution? Im running the latest version of this ROM. It keeps saying: "turning on Wi-Fi"

My Wifi is not working? Anyone that has a solution? Im running the latest version of this ROM. It keeps saying: "turning on Wi-Fi"
Yeah, try flashing the rom again.

I'm now using this rom for two weeks and haven't encountered a single bug yet.

Reactions: ares
I have problems with battery drain during phone calls. Anyone that have the same problem or some solution to this?

Skickat från min MI 2 via Tapatalk

Any reason for an update?
This Rom is far to the perfection. It needs an improvment in speed, and maybe ivan would fix the bad autofocus in mi2s. Also I have an huge notification delay, and battery sometimes start to drop faster.

This Rom is far to the perfection. It needs an improvment in speed, and maybe ivan would fix the bad autofocus in mi2s. Also I have an huge notification delay, and battery sometimes start to drop faster.

Yes I've read that before. I even remember you warning me for battery drops and some random reboots the first week but to be honest.. I haven't experienced any of those bugs. I'm using this rom for almost 4 weeks now and never experienced a bug.

Only thing I did not get to work is the LED. I tried using xposed to change the colors and behaviour of the notifiaction led but did not succeed. Have you found a solution for that?

But like you said, an improvement in speed would be nice but not really necessary. It is fast enough for me. I should compare it with the Moto G my girlfriend has. That phone just screams 'the kit kat experience' lol. I will check out the difference in speed tomorrow :) And yes I know the M2(S) should be smoother as it has far better hardware but well a comparison won't hurt I guess. Best way to compare is just two phones side by side.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this rom. Android 4.1 was getting kind of outdated hehe. Quicksettings tiles are awesome and the kitkat look is so much better.

Yes I've read that before. I even remember you warning me for battery drops and some random reboots the first week but to be honest.. I haven't experienced any of those bugs. I'm using this rom for almost 4 weeks now and never experienced a bug.

Only thing I did not get to work is the LED. I tried using xposed to change the colors and behaviour of the notifiaction led but did not succeed. Have you found a solution for that?

But like you said, an improvement in speed would be nice but not really necessary. It is fast enough for me. I should compare it with the Moto G my girlfriend has. That phone just screams 'the kit kat experience' lol. I will check out the difference in speed tomorrow :) And yes I know the M2(S) should be smoother as it has far better hardware but well a comparison won't hurt I guess. Best way to compare is just two phones side by side.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this rom. Android 4.1 was getting kind of outdated hehe. Quicksettings tiles are awesome and the kitkat look is so much better.
I m using cofface cm11, same kernel, same battery performance and with art , way better performance. Notification led works as it should. Regarding moto g, it will have better optimizations, and should be faster than aosp. Compared to my friend stock nexus 4, and my ex sabermod nexus 4, mi2s seems a galaxy s2, and this is sad :/ Anyways , we only need some optimizations :)

I m using cofface cm11, same kernel, same battery performance and with art , way better performance. Notification led works as it should. Regarding moto g, it will have better optimizations, and should be faster than aosp. Compared to my friend stock nexus 4, and my ex sabermod nexus 4, mi2s seems a galaxy s2, and this is sad :/ Anyways , we only need some optimizations :)

What? You're telling me Cofface's CM11 rom has the same battery life as this rom but faster? Are you sure? ;) For how long have you been using that rom?
I might wanna check that out!

Edit:
I checked the CM11 Cofface thread and I read this from you :p
This rom is too slow :/

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Sooo....?

Last edited: