apktool build errors

Rune Gangstø

Members
Jul 5, 2012
Hi!

I am trying to modify a couple of apk files, just to try out a few things, but I am not able to recompile them. I have tried to add the framework-miui-res.apk and framework-res.apk with the apktool if command. I have also chekced that I have the latest aapt file, found in this file at google code: apktool-install-linux-r05-ibot.tar.bz2....

I red something about a dummy framework. I found some links in the translation guide, but only the apktool.yml was found, the other link (dropbox link) seems to be down. Is this something I need, where can I find it?
I have tried to search for this problem with google, but I have not found anything that helped me.

Anyone got an idea what I do wrong?

I am trying to recompile the v5 version, latest.

This is an example of FM.apk. Some of the apk files seems to compile fine, but most of them end up like this. This applies to the framework-miui-res.apk as well.
Code:
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
I: Building apk file...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:164)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:183)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
    at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
    at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml
    at brut.directory.AbstractDirectory.getFileInput(AbstractDirectory.java:103)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:160)
    ... 4 more

Thank you

PathNoExist: apktool.yml is a directory error. Apktool can't find the folder where apktool.yml is, so you're entering a wrong command..
when you recompile, you should point to the folder you decompiled to, not the apk itself

I've the same problem and i can't solve it !
I'm trying to translate miui V5 for Ascend P1 into italian , but whit this problem i can't compile any apk.
Help me please! Sorry for my bad English ;)

Your doing something wrong, and everything is answered here, so keep reading it.