[APP] Mi2raw – enables capturing real raw!

Very nice! Thanks.

Questions:
  1. Every picture i take looks side-ways when i look at it (90 degrees counter-clock wise)
  2. Maybe i didn't find it: is it possible to change the location it saves pictures to?
Cheers,
-arnon

Hi Arnon,

1. The pictures will be always written natively (from sensor's orientation) to the DNG. There is a flag indicates what is the rotation that should be performed after that. This isn't implemented yet, however can be easily done in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) - the rotate button in the top left corner. Please let me know if I understood the question correctly...

2. No. I've avoided from creating settings screen for this app. But do you really need it? The native camera app doesn't allow it AFAIK.

Regards,
Mark.

Is it possible to disable this shutter sound?
Cant find any option to do this..

Beside this small issue - great app!

No, but the phone can be muted and then the sound won't be fired.
I can add this toggler in the next releases :) Following @arnon 's message, I'll probably create a settings screen.

Mi-2 32GB
CM 11 build 02-14
error code 2
8mpix module, isn't it?

Código de error: 4
mi 2s 16 g
Mi2s 32gb with 8mp module: error code 2. Mokee 44.2
Hi, I get Error code:4 and "This app works only with Xiaomi MI2S 32GB version" message
using latest MIUI 4.2.14, eng. version. MI2S 16GB
error code: 4
miui multilang 4.2.14
mi2s 16gb

I have good news. Probably all the MI2 and MI2s variants will be supported.
It will take a while to develop it and I'll be busy for the next couple of days, but after that I promise to give a serious effort in this domain :)

Cheers

i have problem to check my files on my pc.
Before the update. I can find the files on the right folder : pictures\mi2raw but after the updates..
the files only seen with file explorer on my phone. The files doesnt exist anymore on my pc

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

i have problem to check my files on my pc.
Before the update. I can find the files on the right folder : pictures\mi2raw but after the updates..
the files only seen with file explorer on my phone. The files doesnt exist anymore on my pc

Reboot your phone - then connect it to the PC and try again. Should work.
Not related with the app.

Works on AOSP QDT14 (by Xiaomi) on Mi2S 32GB

BTW: Thanks for putting the Mi2RAW folder under the Pictures folder and not to the root dir of the sdcard.

Last edited:
Interesting app.. It even made me reinvestigate the Mi2s camera after I had discarted it after a few indoor shots. It would be useful to get an indication of the shutter speed, so that you know if camera shake is an issue or you need to change the ISO setting.

Reactions: Tenant
I took this photo with Mi2raw yesterday: uploadfromtaptalk1392758976397.jpg

I may or may not have edited it afterwards XD

Swyped from my Mi2S

Because they use different drivers and camera apps :)
Isn't there anything else hardware side? Because I suppose drivers and camera apps from Galaxy S4 or Xperia Z could be ported to our phone, but would it take photos with the same quality?

Interesting app.. It even made me reinvestigate the Mi2s camera after I had discarted it after a few indoor shots. It would be useful to get an indication of the shutter speed, so that you know if camera shake is an issue or you need to change the ISO setting.

Unfortunately it isn't possible, using the standard camera API, to get shutter speed information. @M1cha , Do you know if I can get integration time infomation with RootTools? (and maybe even WB coefficients + ISO in auto mode?)

I took this photo with Mi2raw yesterday:View attachment 7301

I may or may not have edited it afterwards XD

Very nice! Looks artistic

Reactions: boojay
Thanks guys.

The sole model that is missing now is the one that uses Samsung S5K3H7.
So I need a screenshot (of hwinfo apk) from MI2 with S5K3H7 at "bus: i2c-4"
So I'm still waiting :)

P.S. @slavke1976 I guess your device is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Hello, don't know if you need one more...
Mi2 32 GB (Rom: German Miui 4.2.14)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-26-23-15-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-23-15-59.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: Solf