Availability of Mi4

sebsch1991

Members
Sep 23, 2011
First thread yihaaa

I´ve preordered Mi4 and a MiBand at ibuygou.com, as they already listed them !

I read that the release date for Mi4 is 29.07.2014, but MIUI v6 will be release in about mid August...
Thought Mi4 would be shipped with MIUI v6 so anybody got further information ?

The MI6 will come out with MIUI V6.
The rest will get V6 mid August.

P.S.
If you think they will ship at 29.07 - I suggest you look at the MI3 shipping history.

First thread yihaaa

I´ve preordered Mi4 and a MiBand at ibuygou.com, as they already listed them !

I read that the release date for Mi4 is 29.07.2014, but MIUI v6 will be release in about mid August...
Thought Mi4 would be shipped with MIUI v6 so anybody got further information ?
so the one that is being released on the 29th is the 3g version it supports WCDMA and GSM like the mi3 ?
btw which one are you getting the white or the black one ?

so the one that is being released on the 29th is the 3g version it supports WCDMA and GSM like the mi3 ?
btw which one are you getting the white or the black one ?
first shipment is white only and don't expect to get it right away. mi3 shipment has been delayed for proximally half a year. and you don't need to wait for lte version because it won't work outside of China.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk 2

first shipment is white only and don't expect to get it right away. mi3 shipment has been delayed for proximally half a year. and you don't need to wait for lte version because it won't work outside of China.

well , i know about the history i own a mi3. however they promised that they will ship 1 million unites in the first two months anyway....
ummm no the CDMA version in august is only for the chinese market the one you're talking about, and the LTE (4G) version in september will work outside china
or am i wrong :3

ibuygou support confirmed that they will have several versions ...and the one with working LTE outside of china will arrive in september...

Ive cancelled my preorder and wait for the "right" version to be listed on ibuygou ..was no problem

And Xiaomi announced to have learned out of the mistakes with Mi3 availability ...lets hope they r right :)

Last edited:
ibuygou support confirmed that they will have several versions ...and the one with working LTE outside of china will arrive in september...

Ive cancelled my preorder and wait for the "right" version to be listed on ibuygou ..was no problem

sorry to let you down but you are wrong. the one that will be released at September is TDD LTE and it works only in China. the FDD LTE hasn't been announced yet.

I dont use even 3g bro XD , so the one listed on ibuygou.com is the one for me :3
btw will it be the same as the mi3 WCDMA and GSM ?

I can only forward what ibuygou told me .. I was chatting with "kira" from their support and she said the FDD-LTE (working in europe) will be available in september.

sorry to let you down but you are wrong. the one that will be released at September is TDD LTE and it works only in China. the FDD LTE hasn't been announced yet.

On the description says There will be an lte for outside the China , so i am thinking There will be. Otherwise xiaomi did ****ed up job and dissapoimt There truly customers

I can only forward what ibuygou told me .. I was chatting with "kira" from their support and she said the FDD-LTE (working in europe) will be available in september.
i hope you are right because as you can see at the picture attached , there is no due date for FDD LTE. so if anyone else talk directly with xiaomi , i don't know if we will get an answer soon

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406368622822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406368622822.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 350
For now, I don't think the 4G FDD LTE would be available at the same time. But when xiaomi is stating that 4G will work outside of China, it's not entirely false. While TD SCDMA is an exclusive technology of China Mobile, TD LTE is not. Some (not many) others carriers have chosen the TD LTE technology such as Sprint (using a mix of both tech actually), megaFon (a mix again), Aircel or Bharti Airtel (both Indian carriers).

But I'm not convinced, Xiaomi will release a FDD LTE version which does not work at all in China Mainland (it does in HK). The Mi3 got a WCDMA version which is the "international" 3G network mainly because China Unicom, 2nd largest carrier is China uses it.

ok so a quick lookup at mi store came up with the following result : they only offer TDD LTE. you can translate the attached pic to your language to figure out.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406410392851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406410392851.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 301
ok so a quick lookup at mi store came up with the following result : they only offer TDD LTE. you can translate the attached pic to your language to figure out.

if that is, its easy for me to not buy this phone. I am paying for the 4G. So to not can use the 4G :( is a realy disapointment for me and the hole Xiaomi device. Its not worh to buy than. Must watch the meizu MX4 or the Oppo Find7 who haves the western 4G LTE....

I have the Xiaomi Mi2S and the MiPad but my next purchase to replace my phone might not be the Mi4. Really wanted to stay in the MIUI world since I'm really comfy there but I might move to the Galaxy S5 which is a bit more expensive than the 64 GB Mi4 (around 3000 RMB in China).

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I just finished a long dispute with Ibuygou and PayPal. What other companies are available to carry MI3 and hopefully soon MI4?

i must agree all my xiaomi devices come from ibuygou.com...
i like they dont mess with the software so i can unseal it myself and do it my own way!

im definitly waiting for mi4, dont care about lte but i do want the wcdma 64gb in black and wooden back cover,nothing else!

im trading in my oneplus one for this!

Avoid i-gadgetshop to, they claim to have Mi4 in stock 10 pcs. That is a lie.
Might be, ibuygou stated to get a few 16gb mi4 today aswell! but id still wait! also to get the translations ready first on the multilang rom

the reason why mi3 works so good is because its already builded up that whole network of roms etc.. with mi4 itll need to do that allover again, and you dont want to depend on that for the device to function properly. I see that now with my oneplus as well.

The phone is almost perfect but the whole exprerience kinda sucks still because of the software issues.. so i regret having it. DOnt go head first, let the community build then let the tweaks come so the whole experience feel much richer!