AX 3600 mesh not detected

humus

Members
Jun 2, 2019
Hello everyone:

i just got 2 router AX3600 and updated with the latest firmware for support of mesh network but when do the set up via the page of set up or the app get an error message of can not be set up and i follow all the steps for solve the problem but the problem still, my router is the global version not the chinesse version.

i do not know what to do or how to proceed about the problem.

any help would be helpful.

Francisco

Reactions: snotto
Hi. The same thing happened to me but i overcome it.

1- use firmware below on ur primary router and preferably on all the mesh points

2- reset the mesh nodes
3-login to the main router and start adding mesh nodes

if you are not able to do it wirlessly
connect a internet connection from ur modem to wan port of the router
connect another network cable from lan port of router to lan port of node
go to main router and add mesh node
it will work

I had the same problem ...
The issue is the region of the routers: When you reset an AX3600 (global firmware) to add it as a mesh router the default country is singapore (for me at least).
So your main router must be set to singapore also ( unfortunatly you must reset it if you already have another country).
Once done it will detect the second mesh router.

another advise is to unregister your router from the miwifi app before changing the region otherwise you will not be able to link it to the other region.

Good Luck!

Hi evryone!
Thank you @oualibadr for your insights, they were extremely helpful.
I made this tool to configure a mesh node without the need to switch to singapore servers:
I am currently using italian servers and everything's running just fine! :)

Hi ShotokanZH,
I just tried you script with the same setup (2x AX3600) but without any luck.
I have them both on the most recent global firmware and just reset both. On the master ran the setup as normal (in my case selecting Germany) and then once the WiFi was up, I got the MAC of the client and put everything in your script which completes without an error stating the node has been added. Anything I have to do afterwards?

There is however a minor bug when I simply press enter for the master address so i have to put in the IP manually instead of leaving it blank.

Best,
schuschu

Hi ShotokanZH,
I just tried you script with the same setup (2x AX3600) but without any luck.
I have them both on the most recent global firmware and just reset both. On the master ran the setup as normal (in my case selecting Germany) and then once the WiFi was up, I got the MAC of the client and put everything in your script which completes without an error stating the node has been added. Anything I have to do afterwards?

There is however a minor bug when I simply press enter for the master address so i have to put in the IP manually instead of leaving it blank.

Best,
schuschu
Hi @schuschu , are you sure that you are using the mac address of the 5GHz network?
I tried with 6 different devices in a lot of different regions and always worked fine for me.
Also: are they both using the latest global firmware? (3.0.22?)

Hi @schuschu , are you sure that you are using the mac address of the 5GHz network?
I tried with 6 different devices in a lot of different regions and always worked fine for me.
Also: are they both using the latest global firmware? (3.0.22?)

Hi ShotokanZH,
I just went away for a drink and rebooted both devices before just for the fun of it ... now they are up and running. Thanks for the script!
Also yes they are both 3.0.22

Reactions: ShotokanZH
Just to update you guys, the script will now try and suggest the correct 5GHz mac address.
Have a nice day!

@ShotokanZH Thanks for the script! Unfortunately it doesnt work for me. It even suggests the correct mac address and says the node was added, „waiting for it to reboot“. Waiting or manually rebooting doesnt change a thing. Main router is showing no mesh nodes and slave is showing cyan bottom and no light top, still sending out its 2 default wifi signals. Any ideas?
I tried it several times, also both are on the correct firmware version.

Updated: I finally figured it out... the AioT Antenna needs to be enabled on the main router. I disabled that one a few weeks ago :D After enabling it your script worked like a charm - many thanks for that! Saved me a lot of hustle. (I also disabled legacy ac mode, that one might have been the reason aswell)

Last edited:
@ShotokanZH Thanks for the script! Unfortunately it doesnt work for me. It even suggests the correct mac address and says the node was added, „waiting for it to reboot“. Waiting or manually rebooting doesnt change a thing. Main router is showing no mesh nodes and slave is showing cyan bottom and no light top, still sending out its 2 default wifi signals. Any ideas?
I tried it several times, also both are on the correct firmware version.

Updated: I finally figured it out... the AioT Antenna needs to be enabled on the main router. I disabled that one a few weeks ago :D After enabling it your script worked like a charm - many thanks for that! Saved me a lot of hustle. (I also disabled legacy ac mode, that one might have been the reason aswell)
Uh thanks, that's interesting! I will update the script to turn on the antenna automatically ^^

Just to update you guys, the script will now try and suggest the correct 5GHz mac address.
Have a nice day!
I have the same issue with ax3600 global version( main router) Israel as a region and ax1800 (mesh node) with China as region ( no other option ) . Is your script should work in this case too?
Thanks
Yulia

I have the same issue with ax3600 global version( main router) Israel as a region and ax1800 (mesh node) with China as region ( no other option ) . Is your script should work in this case too?
Thanks
Yulia
I have not tested with that specific device but it seems so :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,198
Bonjour, j'ai aussi le soucis de mesh. Je suis en France. J'ai du mettre mes appareils sur Singapour. Mais je n'ai plus aucune information dans mi wifi. J'aimerai utiliser vos scripts mais je ne comprends pas comment les jouer. Faut il les mettre dans le ax3600 faut il les jouer avec une commande CMD? Est il possible d'avoir un tutoriel de bout en bout. Merci d'avance.

Bonjour, j'ai aussi le soucis de mesh. Je suis en France. J'ai du mettre mes appareils sur Singapour. Mais je n'ai plus aucune information dans mi wifi. J'aimerai utiliser vos scripts mais je ne comprends pas comment les jouer. Faut il les mettre dans le ax3600 faut il les jouer avec une commande CMD? Est il possible d'avoir un tutoriel de bout en bout. Merci d'avance.
Just download and install python version 3.7 or higher https://www.python.org/downloads/
And then you run the two commands that I have reported in GitHub, and you are good to go :)

Merci beaucoup. J'ai bien télécharger Python3.9.1. Où dois je mettre les commandes Python?
Ou dois je copier les fichiers récupérés?
J'ai essayé à travers l'interface Windows/CMD. J'ai activé python (py). Ensuite, j'ai copier les fichiers dans un repertoire (C:\seb\temp).
Je n'arrive pas à lancer les commandes.
Désolé je ne connais pas Python, mais je connais les problèmes des AX3600 :)

Merci beaucoup. J'ai bien télécharger Python3.9.1. Où dois je mettre les commandes Python?
Ou dois je copier les fichiers récupérés?
J'ai essayé à travers l'interface Windows/CMD. J'ai activé python (py). Ensuite, j'ai copier les fichiers dans un repertoire (C:\seb\temp).
Je n'arrive pas à lancer les commandes.
Désolé je ne connais pas Python, mais je connais les problèmes des AX3600 :)
Just download the git repository in a folder (c:\seb\temp is ok) open a cmd, move to the c:\seb\temp (cd c:\seb\temp) and run
Bash:
python -m pip install requirements.txt
python addmesh.py