Beware of free shipping from China

So we should beware of Ibuygou because you've had a bad experience with Fulcrumall? Where's the logic in that? Also, a single bad experience from you does not make the whole store untrustworthy.
Ibuygou definitely uses "free shipping" to attract buyers, and "free shipping" does influence buyer's choices when they shopping on a web store like ibuygou where all items are located in China. If ibuygou cannot manage balance between item price and shipping fee, no one will buy it in the first time of seeing sky-high shipping fee. It is no sense that ibuygou uses low cost but unreliable "free shipping" option to increase their sale.

Reactions: blackysan and deini
you should rename this thread to "beware of free shipping from china".

this has nothing to do with ibuygou, you're bad mouthing an online vendor for a conscious choice YOU made. my sympathies to you though, at least you only lost a cheap mitv and not a mi2s or mi3!

Actually, If the shipping cost are very high or shipping service are too bad like china's mail, buyer won't buy it on ibuygou at the first time, because international shipping costs a lot or risk is too high on delivery .

ibuygou uses a "free shipping" as a strategy to influence buyer's choices, to make international selling is possible on ibuygou. Then it should be responsible for offering a good "free shipping" service, not simply unreliable China's mail, and says all should blame on China mail.

The most important thing for a international online vendor/supplier is the shipping service.

Reactions: blackysan

this has nothing to do with ibuygou, you're bad mouthing an online vendor for a conscious choice YOU made. my sympathies to you though, at least you only lost a cheap mitv and not a mi2s or mi3!

u r not getting what i'm saying. it's the vendor's responsiblity to ship out the item that buyer pay in full with the specified shipping method that they offered. not held up the despatch and trying to get buyer to upgrade to an express service then releasing the product.

then they deserved to be well spread about that.

since they said they cannot proceed with your order, i truly hope you get your money back. if not, then yea, ibuygou is to blame. good luck with that. i hope you dont try to buy anything but accessories with free shipping from now on :)

this has nothing to do with ibuygou, you're bad mouthing an online vendor for a conscious choice YOU made!
indeed, @jauling! can't agree more here.
hey, @blackysan, don't be so unpleasantly critical with all that customer black attitude! 'IBuyGou' supplier deserves nothing but good comments, trust me on that. been there, done that shopping, so i am entitled to state out loud they are good friendly folks, marketing their eshop in the best way possible. just because of their trading, people living in europe like me, enjoy genuine tech performance at good prices, gadgets otherwise available on restrictive asian markets only.
if you believe that is worth risking a chinese international delivery by whatever land only option, then i suspect you are exactly that 'naive' cheap type of an online customer, the worst kind, if u ask me! every order that tops 100 bucks should be officially tracked down, in your own best interest. in my case, for instance, i preferred 'losing' a $30 bucks dhl payment, to a potentially total and forever lost in space $500 package alternative, you get the point...
btw, be a good boy and rename this misleading title thread, will ya?

Last edited:
Its not with only ibuygou though. Personally i don't like buying from ibuygou for their high price and ignorance at times. But it's china, so free posting isn't a good option unless seller is really reliable.

ibuygou could at least say that free shipping is not an option for products with battery since customs don't allow batteries to go through. I found out about that after I ordered my power bank recently and than they asked me to pay extra for dhl (25$ power bank, 40$ dhl). I didn't so they gave me a refund. I then ordered few other things with free shipping and now I hope they shipped (as they said) my orders (2 cases, spare back and headphones, around 55$) and pray to god that order don't get lost ;) I'll wait for my order untill begining of february (since it shipped just before new year) and if not recieved I'll see what they say and report here

Its not with only ibuygou though. Personally i don't like buying from ibuygou for their high price and ignorance at times. But it's china, so free posting isn't a good option unless seller is really reliable.
if consider buying good genuine stuff, i suppose adding a fee to the order final amount would be smth like acquiring an authentication certificate. otherwise, you're evidently free to shop on that well-known almighty web platform, alibaba & the forty thieves, sorry, eshops out there. wishing you the best of luck! you'll need it! :D

ibuygou could at least say that free shipping is not an option for products with battery since customs don't allow batteries to go through. I found out about that after I ordered...
why only after? o_O
better do your homework before you launch orders online. how come you don't know that by now? googlin' around a bit won't do you no harm! fyi, ibuygou.com team offers chat support on daily basis. skype and facebook open communication lines. use them first, criticize after!

Forget all these resellers and just contact with this seller.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/XIAOMI-PHONE/342812_252538268.html
Contact with Alice among the persons. I bought many products from her. She is very kind and supportive and quick to response and also she is giving the best price. Her skype id : global-shop. Bought mi2s from her 7 months ago and soon going to buy mi3. You can pay by paypal to her though aliexpress don't allow paypal. Just contact her in person.

indeed, @jauling! can't agree more here.
hey, @blackysan, don't be so unpleasantly critical with all that customer black attitude! 'IBuyGou' supplier deserves nothing but good comments, trust me on that. been there, done that shopping, so i am entitled to state out loud they are good friendly folks, marketing their eshop in the best way possible. just because of their trading, people living in europe like me, enjoy genuine tech performance at good prices, gadgets otherwise available on restrictive asian markets only.
if you believe that is worth risking a chinese international delivery by whatever land only option, then i suspect you are exactly that 'naive' cheap type of an online customer, the worst kind, if u ask me! every order that tops 100 bucks should be officially tracked down, in your own best interest. in my case, for instance, i preferred 'losing' a $30 bucks dhl payment, to a potentially total and forever lost in space $500 package alternative, you get the point...
btw, be a good boy and rename this misleading title thread, will ya?

screw ibuygou~! and screw those ass kissing boys in this case, YOU~! count how many folks in this topic had bad experiences with ibuygou? never shop there ever again~! there many other sites to buy chinese goodies from: buychina.com, lightinthebox.com, antelife.com to name a few. u can find Xiaomi products from all within reasonable pricing and shipping services to oversea. some of them even offer "true free shipping" unlike ibuygou. screw ibuygou asking for more shipping fee after buyer paid in full. why should i give them good respect?! they screw people once is all it need to be a bad mouth with! there no 2nd chance in life my dear.

Got to say ibuygou, ain't all that.
I've bought 2 mi2 from them, both real but slow despatch inflated price and lack of customer service still fresh in my mind.....

screw ibuygou~! and screw those ass kissing boys in this case, YOU~! count how many folks in this topic had bad experiences with ibuygou? never shop there ever again~! there many other sites to buy chinese goodies from: buychina.com, lightinthebox.com, antelife.com to name a few. u can find Xiaomi products from all within reasonable pricing and shipping services to oversea. some of them even offer "true free shipping" unlike ibuygou. screw ibuygou asking for more shipping fee after buyer paid in full. why should i give them good respect?! they screw people once is all it need to be a bad mouth with! there no 2nd chance in life my dear.

ibuygou is trying to be legal. Being legal costs more. You can continue to use shady sites and risk illegal tariffs, but we vetted ibuygou for 6 months before we trusted them. They are the only people we trust to ship Xiaomi goods worldwide. If you have a problem with them, I am sorry, but I won't allow such harsh language against them. I've had 5+ items at different times shipped to me in America with 0 problems.

Reactions: DeepSpace and kiddy
ibuygou is trying to be legal. Being legal costs more. You can continue to use shady sites and risk illegal tariffs, but we vetted ibuygou for 6 months before we trusted them. They are the only people we trust to ship Xiaomi goods worldwide. If you have a problem with them, I am sorry, but I won't allow such harsh language against them. I've had 5+ items at different times shipped to me in America with 0 problems.

You need to check last few pages of comments here :
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_x..._2_3ghz_2gb_ram_16gb_rom_13_0mp-5517-usd.html

and note the number of likes of each comment.

As i had some experience with them, i will add mu little comment about this store.
Bought mi2S, found faulty digitizer. Send them back for warranty repair (becareful, they changed they warranty policy, you got now 3months warranty, next 3mths share cost of repair, after 6 mts of full paid repair and postage.. and ghe call it 12month warranty). It took about 3weeks to fix the phone - if i got a contact with them, everyone says something else, to finally stop responding. Hopefully got email that phone is back to them fixed. On FB they been more helpful, helpedme to get DHL pkstage with no extra cost. Instead of money refund for my postage to them i asked for some accessories, which they gave me.
They are difficult to contact- best way through FB, phone fixed on they cost. Took long time, but happy they made it.

Bought some accesorjes on fulcrumal.com, great contact, good reviews. price same or similar as ibuygou.

Wysłane z mojego MI 2S

The thing that many consumers misunderstand is that processing time and shipping time are different. The processing/waiting time is the time before your order is shipped. The shipping time is the amount of time that it will take for a shipped order to reach you. Shipping estimates are typically in working days.

Based on my experience with Chinese sellers, free shipping are typical China Post shipping which can be really slow. 30 days shipping time means you can look forward to 6 weeks before the order arrive.

The thing that many consumers misunderstand is that processing time and shipping time are different. The processing/waiting time is the time before your order is shipped. The shipping time is the amount of time that it will take for a shipped order to reach you. Shipping estimates are typically in working days.

Based on my experience with Chinese sellers, free shipping are typical China Post shipping which can be really slow. 30 days shipping time means you can look forward to 6 weeks before the order arrive.

this is not the problem folks. the problem is ibuygou WILL NOT process your order untill u agree to PAY for express shipping fee. that's BS! it's not china post or any other shipping related stuff. all came down to ibuygou being a dishonest seller trying to take more $$ from u! check their website for feedbacks. think twice b4 doing business with them. there many other online store u can pick up Xiaomi products from. shop smart people!

I got friends who ordered 4 months ago on preorder and the phone is still not shipped and another friend ordered in january and got his order already. The problem is they got way too many orders and way to small capabilities to do the work. Which leads to complete mess which leads to loosing customers. And instead of fixing the mess they already created they are making it worse cause they are accepting more and more orders. my conclusion is good people and poor management. (excuse my English its not great..)

Was checking aliexpress Hong Kong gold way. But unable to find mi max 128gb in their website? Were you able to find one?