Bluetooth Remote Doesn't Pair with the Projector

ehsan1979

Members
Apr 24, 2020
Hi all. I have an issue with my projector received a few days ago. This is an ultra-short throw Xiaomi 150" projector with a Bluetooth remote controller. The first step to set up the projector is pairing the remote with the projector. There is a very simple instruction for that, put the batteries is, press a button to initiate pairing, press another two buttons together and hold until you hear a beep.
It doesn't work for me, I tried it many times, changed the batteries, changed the location, turned off the projector for quite some times and repeated the process again, none of these worked. I was suspicious that the remote may be faulty, so I tried to pair my phone with the projector, no luck. I searched for Bluetooth devices on my phone and I could easily find the remote, which mean the remote is working properly. I even successfully paired the remote with my phone.
So I have come to conclusion that the projector's Bluetooth is not working, it is not activated. I contacted to the point of purchase (Kogan Australia), they said they are sorry, and a technician will shortly contact me, but it has not happened so far. I also contacted Xiaomi and they said they cannot help me on this as I have not bought it directly from them.
While I am waiting for Kogan to hopefully comeback to me, I wonder if anybody has any advice for me, has anyone experienced the same problem? Currently my projector is pretty useless as I can do nothing on that, not even to set it up, I am stuck.
Cheers.

Reactions: lyubi
Hi, not sure if this is still current to you but I have kind of similar issue, although my remote was working around 9 months. Then it started to work every now and now I cannot pair it anymore. I'm still able to use phone and AndoidTV app without any issue (just cannot power on the projector if power cable is already plugged in, it turns off with voice command) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tv.remote&hl=fi . However, one solution for me is also to use basic logitec mouse with the USB receiver, which I have plugged in to side port, I actually like this way a lot. -j

Reactions: ehsan1979
Hi, anyone know where I can get a replacement bluetooth remote control for a Xiaomi 150 inch ultra short throw projector? I have a Wemax One Pro 150 inch projector, which is also a Xiaomi product using an identical remote control. My original remote got water damaged and I cannot find any source for a replacement.
Or if I can’t get one, will an Android device (which I don’t have) work as a remote as suggested in the previous post?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I have an issue with my projector received a few days ago. This is an ultra-short throw Xiaomi 150" projector with a Bluetooth remote controller. The first step to set up the projector is pairing the remote with the projector. There is a very simple instruction for that, put the batteries is, press a button to initiate pairing, press another two buttons together and hold until you hear a beep.
It doesn't work for me, I tried it many times, changed the batteries, changed the location, turned off the projector for quite some times and repeated the process again, none of these worked. I was suspicious that the remote may be faulty, so I tried to pair my phone with the projector, no luck. I searched for Bluetooth devices on my phone and I could easily find the remote, which mean the remote is working properly. I even successfully paired the remote with my phone.
So I have come to conclusion that the projector's Bluetooth is not working, it is not activated. I contacted to the point of purchase (Kogan Australia), they said they are sorry, and a technician will shortly contact me, but it has not happened so far. I also contacted Xiaomi and they said they cannot help me on this as I have not bought it directly from them.
While I am waiting for Kogan to hopefully comeback to me, I wonder if anybody has any advice for me, has anyone experienced the same problem? Currently my projector is pretty useless as I can do nothing on that, not even to set it up, I am stuck.
Cheers.

Two days ago i received mine, but i face the same issue. Could you please help me?

Reactions: lyubi
Cheers.
hey Ehshan, had the same issue with a similar projector from Kogan. Not able to turn it on.
Have you resolved those issues?

Hi Ehshan, I had a same issue yesterday. Problem solved with a usb mouse (usb port on right site) and with the mouse I searched a settings for factory reset. I did the reset and then I was able to pairing them again. I hope you find this helpful.

Hi Ehshan, I had a same issue yesterday. Problem solved with a usb mouse (usb port on right site) and with the mouse I searched a settings for factory reset. I did the reset and then I was able to pairing them again. I hope you find this helpful.
hello, how did you do it using the mouse?
I can't get into the settings with the mouse, where are they? How do i do it?
Thank you

I have the same issue where the Bluetooth remote control does not pair. When I try to use a USB mouse, I am not being presented with any option/menu to select. The screen keeps showing the Autofocus page and there is no possibility to continue/go further to use the projector.

Also, I don't know if you guys also have this additional issue but when I select Power Off, it does not actually power off the projector but restarts it instead.

I have the same issue where the Bluetooth remote control does not pair. When I try to use a USB mouse, I am not being presented with any option/menu to select. The screen keeps showing the Autofocus page and there is no possibility to continue/go further to use the projector.

Also, I don't know if you guys also have this additional issue but when I select Power Off, it does not actually power off the projector but restarts it instead.

I'm with the same problem,
But I can use the projector using this type of controller.

When I get the focus screen I press and hold the home button on the remote.
And there I access the settings.

then I use this to be able to turn it off, it's like a command via web. that you have to put the ip address.

I'm still looking for a remote that works like the original, so I can get out of the focus screen.

Hi guys,
Have tge same issue, can't pair the remote. Tried with mouse, it recognized the mouse but how I can go to settings? Anyone?

Thanks
B.

Hi guys,
Have tge same issue, can't pair the remote. Tried with mouse, it recognized the mouse but how I can go to settings? Anyone?

Thanks
B.

Hi Bartosz!

Did you find a solution? I am still having the issue with the pairing. And even if I can plug a mouse, I am still not able to access the settings and I can’t turn off the projector. Powering off only restarts it. Are you having this issue too or only with the pairing? Thanks!

Hi,
Yes. Try to do do factory reset even if the remote is not paired. So, hold middle button and back button together when the projector is on. Then, unplug the power, still hold these two buttons, wait few seconds and plug in the power cable. Holds the button all time. When projectors starts, factory reset starts. Once, reset is done, pairing works with no issues.

Let me know if works for you.

Bartek

Hi,
Yes. Try to do do factory reset even if the remote is not paired. So, hold middle button and back button together when the projector is on. Then, unplug the power, still hold these two buttons, wait few seconds and plug in the power cable. Holds the button all time. When projectors starts, factory reset starts. Once, reset is done, pairing works with no issues.

Let me know if works for you.

Bartek

Hi Bartek,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried and it didn’t work. I am sending pictures of my projector and remote. Do you have the same?
The projector doesn't factory reset when I press and hold the buttons as suggested.
With my phone, I am able to Bluetooth scan the remote, which means that it's discoverable but it seems the projector Bluetooth is either faulty or disable since I cannot pair the remote.

Is there any other way to perform a factory reset without the remote? I even tried to plug a USB mouse and keyboard to see if I can access the projector's setting but I am stuck on the autofocus screen and cannot browse any further.

IMG-1628.jpgIMG-1629.jpg

Hi all,

Took me hours to figure this out. I've performed the factory reset via the regular interface and as well via the low level debug interface (looking up "hard reset Xiaomi..." on Google). However this didn't help. I followed YouTube videos dealing with the Bluetooth app management clearing the bluetooth cache and data but didn't help.

So if you're like me as described above:
- Using a mouse or keyboard (and ideally a keyboard that include a mouse / trackpad):
* upon booting when the interface asks you to perform buttons pressing on the remote, right click or escape on keyboard.
* Follow the setup instructions (if you use a keyboard, when filling up input field, don't press ENTER right away but TAB then navigate on the tab icon on the right of the virtual keyboard to move on on to the next step)
* (To go back in the menus use right click mouse button)
- Update your video proj (inspect and search the menus in the GEAR icon on top right)
- Install a bluetooth scanner via the Google Play Store (I installed "Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV")
- Launch the app and use it to detect the remote controller

While it is complicated and requires the use of a third party device, only via this process was I able to setup the device and use the remote controller.

I'm happy with the product now that I can use it as intended. I don't think I'll be purchasing other products of the brand.

I hope this will help other consumers !

Hi guys,

I tried to follow all the suggestions above but unfortunately I am still not able to use my Xiaomi Mijia MJJGTYDS02FM DLP Projector.

There are 2 main issues occurring:

1. The projector's Bluetooth seems to be faulty (or deactivated by default). I am not able to pair the remote with the projector. However, I am able to pair and use that same remote with other Xiaomi Mi devices (e.g. Xiaomi Mi Box 4) just fine. I tried to pair another Bluetooth remote from the same brand but it is still not allowing me to do so. I tried to connect a USB mouse and keyboard to the projector to see if I can access the projector's settings to check if Bluetooth is enabled, or if I can upgrade the firmware/perform a factory reset but I keep being stuck on the Autofocus screen, with no possibilities to access any settings menu.

2. The projector's Power Off functionality is not working. Instead of turning off the project, it keeps rebooting it.

If I could at least access the settings to check the Bluetooth status, or perform a factory reset/upgrading the firmware, I could perhaps fix one (or all) or the issues but unfortunately I can't. I want to emphasize that the projector has always been behaving it that way since the time or purchase, making it totally unusable.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance for your precious help!

Hi all,

Took me hours to figure this out. I've performed the factory reset via the regular interface and as well via the low level debug interface (looking up "hard reset Xiaomi..." on Google). However this didn't help. I followed YouTube videos dealing with the Bluetooth app management clearing the bluetooth cache and data but didn't help.

- Using a mouse or keyboard (and ideally a keyboard that include a mouse / trackpad):
* upon booting when the interface asks you to perform buttons pressing on the remote, right click or escape on keyboard.
* Follow the setup instructions (if you use a keyboard, when filling up input field, don't press ENTER right away but TAB then navigate on the tab icon on the right of the virtual keyboard to move on on to the next step)
- Update your video proj (inspect and search the menus in the GEAR icon on top right)
- Install a bluetooth scanner via the Google Play Store (I installed "Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV")

While it is complicated and requires the use of a third party device, only via this process was I able to setup the device and use the remote controller.

I'm happy with the product now that I can use it as intended. I don't think I'll be purchasing other products of the brand.

Thank you for these informations. It wasn't enough to make the remote work for me, but I've found an additional step that finally did it.

Do everything above, but if the Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV doesn't find your remote either, go to the Android settings and find the Accessibility submenu. Then activate the "Switch Access" service. This app will then open. Select "Bluetooth device" then navigate to the second menu, where the app will be scanning for bluetooth devices. Press the 2 buttons on your remote to activate its bluetooth discoverability, and wait until you see "Xiaomi RC" or smtgh similar. Then quickly go back to your apps list and open Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV. Before launching a scan, press again the 2 buttons for 2-3 seconds. Now your Remote should be discovered; click on it and it will start the dreaded Xiaomi pairing screen, but this time when you press (again!) the 2 buttons, you should ear this delightful beep.

Took me 6 months to make it work, thank you sham80 for your tips!

Thank you for these informations. It wasn't enough to make the remote work for me, but I've found an additional step that finally did it.

Do everything above, but if the Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV doesn't find your remote either, go to the Android settings and find the Accessibility submenu. Then activate the "Switch Access" service. This app will then open. Select "Bluetooth device" then navigate to the second menu, where the app will be scanning for bluetooth devices. Press the 2 buttons on your remote to activate its bluetooth discoverability, and wait until you see "Xiaomi RC" or smtgh similar. Then quickly go back to your apps list and open Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV. Before launching a scan, press again the 2 buttons for 2-3 seconds. Now your Remote should be discovered; click on it and it will start the dreaded Xiaomi pairing screen, but this time when you press (again!) the 2 buttons, you should ear this delightful beep.

Took me 6 months to make it work, thank you sham80 for your tips!
How do you even access the app store? I am not able to access it as I am stuck on the autofocus screen. I did manage to access the projector's settings with this remote https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07F8SXHJV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but I am not getting anywhere else.

Hi all,

Hi gyus,
I just figured it out !
You just need to install a bluetooth keyboard on your phone and use its numeric pad:
8 is UP
2 is DOWN
6 is LEFT
4 is RIGHT
and...

5 is CLICK

Hope this will help others

Hi gyus,
I just figured it out !
You just need to install a bluetooth keyboard on your phone and use its numeric pad:
8 is UP
2 is DOWN
6 is LEFT
4 is RIGHT
and...

5 is CLICK

Hope this will help others
Hello,

Did you manage to pass the focus screen. I am also stuck at this screen currently after I did a factory reset trying to restore bleutooth on the projector.

Hello,

Did you manage to pass the focus screen. I am also stuck at this screen currently after I did a factory reset trying to restore bleutooth on the projector.
Yes I did. You'll need to install an app on your phone to act as a keyboard/mouse via bluetooth. When you get to focus screen, press TAB to choose the 'Continue' button where yoi are stuck and hit '5' in the app's numeric keyboard, that will click the continue button.
Good luck