Browser & its links assigning

evoFLAMB

Members
Mar 20, 2013
Hello everyone,
so after latest update, browser decided to not offer me opening YouTube, Twitter etc from browser links. Has anybody same problem? When I wanted to clear Defaults from browser, button is grey, and underneath it's telling me, that there is nothing to clear. Haaalp meeeh :)

Sent from my MI 2

Can you post a screenshot? And... Let me guess.. Which language you use?

Wysłane z MI-2

y3e2a3a5.jpg

If I tap directly on some youtube link, it doesn't offer me to use YouTube aplication, but it automatically redirects me to www.youtube.com website with that video so I am forced to watch it using browser instead of YouTube app.
I hope you got it..

Sent from my MI 2

Ah i see that now. Well its a bug in Browser. It doesnt ask for choosing default action after clicking link. When I used Chrome it asked for youtube app.
Also clearing defaults in Youtube app doesnt fix that. Also Browser doesnt have defaults to be cleared.

So that's my problem. I'm glad to know, that it's not my fault. Thank you for your reply! :)

Sent from my MI 2

I have this issue since 3.12.15 version I think and still can't find useful information how to fix it. I tried installing Chrome disabling standard Browser, but no luck...

Goto settings >> apps >> cached apps >> default app settings.
Here you can set default apps, set browser to chrome.
If you open a youtube link you will be asked which app to use, select youtube app.
These settings stay the same after every update so you don't have to freeze/delete the browser everytime you update

I got the same problem, Its not only links its also with video's, if I click for example on videos in the facebook app with earlier builds (3.11.8) it would ask which player I would use. Now it just opens with mivideo...

@redmaner I set browser to chrome but sometimes I am browsing in chrome and some links are still opening in stock browser...

@redmaner I set browser to chrome but sometimes I am browsing in chrome and some links are still opening in stock browser...
Me too, kinda sucks Xiaomi. What a stupid feature