Browser & its links assigning

Mar 20, 2013
Hello everyone,
so after latest update, browser decided to not offer me opening YouTube, Twitter etc from browser links. Has anybody same problem? When I wanted to clear Defaults from browser, button is grey, and underneath it's telling me, that there is nothing to clear. Haaalp meeeh :)

Sent from my MI 2

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
Can you post a screenshot? And... Let me guess.. Which language you use?

Wysłane z MI-2

Mar 20, 2013

If I tap directly on some youtube link, it doesn't offer me to use YouTube aplication, but it automatically redirects me to www.youtube.com website with that video so I am forced to watch it using browser instead of YouTube app.
I hope you got it..

Sent from my MI 2

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
Ah i see that now. Well its a bug in Browser. It doesnt ask for choosing default action after clicking link. When I used Chrome it asked for youtube app.
Also clearing defaults in Youtube app doesnt fix that. Also Browser doesnt have defaults to be cleared.

Jan 7, 2014
I have this issue since 3.12.15 version I think and still can't find useful information how to fix it. I tried installing Chrome disabling standard Browser, but no luck...

redmaner

translators.xiaomi.eu maintainer
Staff member
Jan 12, 2013
Goto settings >> apps >> cached apps >> default app settings.
Here you can set default apps, set browser to chrome.
If you open a youtube link you will be asked which app to use, select youtube app.
These settings stay the same after every update so you don't have to freeze/delete the browser everytime you update

Dec 19, 2013
I got the same problem, Its not only links its also with video's, if I click for example on videos in the facebook app with earlier builds (3.11.8) it would ask which player I would use. Now it just opens with mivideo...

@redmaner I set browser to chrome but sometimes I am browsing in chrome and some links are still opening in stock browser...