Browser search returns results through google in chinese o.0

nathanel.titane

Members
Oct 19, 2011
Hello,

I've been using MiUI 1.10-14 on my fully rooted Desire GSM and I'M ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!!!

I have one little bugger though: I have set all my input, screen and vocal locales to English US and whenever i ask vocally for a search or type something in the global search and ask to look on the web, I get my results in chinese!

How do I fix that?

Note that I even deleted the default browser and installed miren and I still get the same issue...

Thank you all for the amazing work and support.

P.S.: where can I post a porting request?

Hello,

I've been using MiUI 1.10-14 on my fully rooted Desire GSM and I'M ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!!!!

I have one little bugger though: I have set all my input, screen and vocal locales to English US and whenever i ask vocally for a search or type something in the global search and ask to look on the web, I get my results in chinese!

How do I fix that?

Note that I even deleted the default browser and installed miren and I still get the same issue...

Thank you all for the amazing work and support.

P.S.: where can I post a porting request?

hi.
in global search choose google the default search engine instead baidu.
that is all.
global search / settings / (scroll down) / choose google

all the best

I have the same problem here...When im trying to access in a page the page loads normaly and after a while turns all letters into chinese:/

Ths hapens to me when I enable bandwidth saving mode or enable WAP mode try using Reset to Default in browser settings

Thanks for the input guys, will try asap :)

P.S.: where are those settings? within the browser or within the search widget?

Found it: global search widget!

Thanks again guys!