In Progress BUGs - Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 - 2.4.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am unable to make any call. Either thriugh dialer or phonebook. It hangs and say android.phone has stopped woeking. I can however recieve calls normally. Just cant call back even thru call log.. Help please ..

I cant change my dpi any solution for this?

EDIT: Nvm 2 times dpi noted in build properties

1. Not a bug - delete the phrases and make your own
2. Not a bug - pointed at the Chinese servers changelog
3. Make sure your locale is set to English and not the default
4. Need more detail as it works OK here
5. Likely Updater.apk you have did not include the correct edit to point to our servers mirror
6. Known issue with the v4 variety lockscreen.

1. Then the phrases should not be there in the first place. Unless it's supposed to be in Chinese, it's a bug.
2. I know it points to Chinese servers mate. Is that the expected behavior from an end-user point of view? Obviously not.
3. My locale is set to English (United Kingdom).
4. "Backup account" is greyed out and cannot be changed. The description is: Backing up to debug-only private cache. I've backed up data to my Google account from stock ICS, but because I cannot set it in MIUI the data will not be restored (or backup up again).
5. Update.apk is part of the rom right?
6. Alright.

Hi

I am unable to make any call. Either thriugh dialer or phonebook. It hangs and say android.phone has stopped woeking. I can however recieve calls normally. Just cant call back even thru call log.. Help please ..
so am l on my SGS2...

1. Then the phrases should not be there in the first place. Unless it's supposed to be in Chinese, it's a bug.
2. I know it points to Chinese servers mate. Is that the expected behavior from an end-user point of view? Obviously not.
3. My locale is set to English (United Kingdom).
4. "Backup account" is greyed out and cannot be changed. The description is: Backing up to debug-only private cache. I've backed up data to my Google account from stock ICS, but because I cannot set it in MIUI the data will not be restored (or backup up again).
5. Update.apk is part of the rom right?
6. Alright.
1. is NOT a bug!!!! last time i say it to you.
2. Purely an oversight in the Updater.apk on some devices (weirdly it works on some not others) if you want to be a smart-ass why ask?
3. OK, chance are that dialogue is server-side.
4. Provide FULL steps for this in a seperate bug report please (New thread for that one issue)
5. Updater.apk is yes.
6. N/A

it's not an led per say it's the 2 lights by your home button.. (we might need to take this to the SG2 forum as it really isn't a bug)

For the SMS FC issue on SGS2 MIUI ICS version 2.4.13, make sure you do a file integrity check and verify the checksum with the md5 checksum posted under the rom download section. I don't know why, but my first download of the 2.4.13 rom didn't show any sign of incomplete download. I did a cache and dalvik cache wipe before installing the rom in recovery as usual. When I successfully booted into the os, I tried to open up my sms, but fc everytime. I repeated the update several times by wiping cache and dalvik cache with no success in fixing the sms fc issue. I finally decided to do a file integrity check and it turned out the checksum didn't match. I have just redownloaded the rom again at about 12:55pm and have made sure the checksum matched. I did a cache and dalvik cache wipe again and updated using the redownloaded rom. Booted into the os again and sms fc is gone. I know I have written a lot, but I just want to be as clear as possible on this. Hope this help those with the sms fc issue.

Reactions: killemallro
Amen to that.

Just flashed the updated version, now my sgs won't boot. Tried several times, will dl rom again...
Try clearing data and caches then reflash, also check your download against the md5 on the forum for your released phone. You can download a MD5 checker for windows or on linux / mac use openssl md5 miuiandroid_SGS2-2.4.13.zip to get the MD5 of your download to compare with the one hosted on our mirror

Reactions: killemallro
solved the problem with LED! TNX . for a long time I wanted to know what does it mean'' allow mock location'' and is it ok to activate ''force GPU rendering''?

1. is NOT a bug!!!! last time i say it to you.
2. Purely an oversight in the Updater.apk on some devices (weirdly it works on some not others) if you want to be a smart-ass why ask?
3. OK, chance are that dialogue is server-side.
4. Provide FULL steps for this in a seperate bug report please (New thread for that one issue)
5. Updater.apk is yes.
6. N/A

1. No disrespect Mark, but the definition of what a bug is is not set by the developer. I am a developer myself and have long experience with usability testing and and I know perfectly well what an end-user would consider expected behavior from the system. Is the result incorrect or unexpected? Then it is by definition a bug. You can of course choose to ignore it if you want. That is your decision entirely. I'm just reporting them to you.
2. You said it wasn't a bug, not me. I'm not being a smart-ass and I'm not asking anything. I'm just reporting bugs.
3-6. Fine.

solved the problem with LED! TNX . for a long time I wanted to know what does it mean'' allow mock location'' and is it ok to activate ''force GPU rendering''?
Force GPU Rendering takes pressure off the system CPU so give it a try for a few hours and see if you gain any improvement, GNEX users have reported some gains in Launcher fluency using this option but its still not perfect. Give it a go and let us know what happens :)

Cheers,
Mark

1. No disrespect Mark, but the definition of what a bug is is not set by the developer. I am a developer myself and have long experience with usability testing and and I know perfectly well what an end-user would consider expected behavior from the system. Is the result incorrect or unexpected? Then it is by definition a bug. You can of course choose to ignore it if you want. That is your decision entirely. I'm just reporting them to you.
2. You said it wasn't a bug, not me. I'm not being a smart-ass and I'm not asking anything. I'm just reporting bugs.
3-6. Fine.
Actually you are wrong. From the end-user point of view this ROM is originally Chinese therefore this is not a bug but it is by-design to be there in the ROM, a bug is something which was unintentionally added as a result of an incompatibility or input error in most circumstances. I myself am a developer for a living so I also do similar work in this area.

You said you 'knew it was' Chinese, so why ask why it was in Chinese? That makes you look daft :) I apologise for the 'smart-ass' remark, tired and a long day dealing with what i am sure you can appreciate a lot of demanding users whom we do this for free for.

3-6 cool beans :)

Actually you are wrong. From the end-user point of view this ROM is originally Chinese therefore this is not a bug but it is by-design to be there in the ROM, a bug is something which was unintentionally added as a result of an incompatibility or input error in most circumstances. I myself am a developer for a living so I also do similar work in this area.

You said you 'knew it was' Chinese, so why ask why it was in Chinese? That makes you look daft :) I apologise for the 'smart-ass' remark, tired and a long day dealing with what i am sure you can appreciate a lot of demanding users whom we do this for free for.

3-6 cool beans :)
A English translated ROM is by-design to have Chinese elements? Interesting... Anyway the discussion is not going anywhere so I'll leave it at that, but I will say that if you consider bugs to only be unintentional you have a faulty definition of a bug. You can perfectly well release unfinished software and intentionally leave features to be buggy or not working. They are still bugs if the results produced are unexpected to the user.

I used a rhetorical question and answered it myself to emphasize my point that it was a bug. If it came across rude then that was not my intention.

By the way, I am enjoying the ROM a lot and I don't demand or even expect you to fix anything I posted as most of it is low-priority stuff, but IMO it's always a good idea to post any unexpected results you come across.

I agree and welcome bugs and feedback, the fix is simple enough, just overlooked, and by fix I mean visually removing all traces of Chinese, which i accept is what you expect in the English ROM so I have taken the improvement on board and will include it next release.

There's no bad feeling from me so lets get past that :) any other issues you've got just let us know ok?

Bugs, post to bug section, one thread per bug issue, i.e. single issues. This goes for everyone else too please :)

Cheers,
Mark

I agree and welcome bugs and feedback, the fix is simple enough, just overlooked, and by fix I mean visually removing all traces of Chinese, which i accept is what you expect in the English ROM so I have taken the improvement on board and will include it next release.

There's no bad feeling from me so lets get past that :) any other issues you've got just let us know ok?

Bugs, post to bug section, one thread per bug issue, i.e. single issues. This goes for everyone else too please :)

Cheers,
Mark

See now that's how two mature people resolve an issue. Thank you, Mark, for providing continued support to the community. People often forget that they aren't exactly paying for it so it's ok if things are a little buggy. They will get fixed soon.

Alexx, I personally agree with your point of view, and as Mark said in last post, so does he now. Thank you both for setting an example for those hot-headed n00bs we got in abundance around these forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.