Call dropping or caller does not hear me anymore

I don't have any kind of probs on latest global stock. Voice & GPay working fine. Is it problem of EU-rom?
I've tried the latest stable Global ROM for the Mi MIX 2S (10.3.3?), but had the same problems. I have an XA model, but cannot use global ROMs because the 8/256GB XA model was never intended to be sold here in Germany. I was an early adopter and I deeply regret it. At the time I bought my Mi MIX 2S 8/256GB XA model there was no official distributor for Xiaomi in Germany and Xiaomi recommended I should have bought my Mi MIX 2S from an official distributor. Then it became impossible to lock the bootloader when using a non-Chinese ROM. Then the Mi MIX 2S SAR issue became official and from that moment on my Mi MIX 2S had severe connectivity issues.

I bought my MI Mix 2S here in Finland from a local official distributor and decided not to unlock and root to avoid later problems with warranty/banking&payment/etc. problems. Before used only rooted roms but anymore I can't see any advantage of doing so.

I bought my MI Mix 2S here in Finland from a local official distributor and decided not to unlock and root to avoid later problems with warranty/banking&payment/etc. problems. Before used only rooted roms but anymore I can't see any advantage of doing so.
It was possible to use the global ROM with a locked boot loader at first. Only when Xiaomi changed their update policy it became impossible, because it bricked the phone.

It was possible to use the global ROM with a locked boot loader at first. Only when Xiaomi changed their update policy it became impossible, because it bricked the phone.
Sorry for you. I know that Google and new android versions are now more sensitive and aware of unlocking/rooting and and you've to struggle all the time with hiding superuser program. That's why I gave up the trouble. Also gave up buying smart phones from China, I'll buy my devices from local official dealers at same price.

Sorry for you. I know that Google and new android versions are now more sensitive and aware of unlocking/rooting and and you've to struggle all the time with hiding superuser program. That's why I gave up the trouble. Also gave up buying smart phones from China, I'll buy my devices from local official dealers at same price.
I wish I could, there is no Mi phone with a minimum 8/256GB configuration in Germany. Samsung and Huawei deliver, but unfortunately not Xiaomi. Being a photography enthusiast I just want a 8/256GB+ configuration if the phone has a good camera.

any news on this issue?

i'm currently using an samsung galaxy S10+ but i hate it... switched from huawei p30 pro to the s10+ but battery life is catastrophic on this device... i've installed naptime yesterday, before that i got only about half a day battery ... after installing naptime it lasts allready much longer... but still i don't like the phone at all... missing the fullscreen gestures -> workaround is using fluid ng app...

the samsung ui launcher is very slow, searching for an app takes a few seconds to find something.. i don't know how people can like samsung for this...

anyway i still have my mix2s and i'm eager to use it again but i just wanna use it without any call dropping

any news on this issue?

i'm currently using an samsung galaxy S10+ but i hate it... switched from huawei p30 pro to the s10+ but battery life is catastrophic on this device... i've installed naptime yesterday, before that i got only about half a day battery ... after installing naptime it lasts allready much longer... but still i don't like the phone at all... missing the fullscreen gestures -> workaround is using fluid ng app...

the samsung ui launcher is very slow, searching for an app takes a few seconds to find something.. i don't know how people can like samsung for this...

anyway i still have my mix2s and i'm eager to use it again but i just wanna use it without any call dropping

In a desperate move I've reverted back to the latest Chinese Beta MIUI 10 9.6.27 ROM, also re-locking the bootloader after flashing. I have been testing my Mi MIX 2S (8/256 GB XA model) heavily since then and I have not been able to reproduce the issue. 4G/LTE connectivity is now as expected, the phone quickly recovers and reconnects after a loss of signal, also "upgrading" the connection from 2G to 3G or 4G/4G+ works really well.

Since I never received feedback from the developers over on c.mi.com or en.miui.com, I feel that this was just another underhand practice by Xiaomi to punish early adopters of the Mi MIX 2S, wantonly putting foreign early adopters at a disadvantage because they did not buy their devices through official global Xiaomi vendors.

Overall, a very poor and dishonest support performance from Xiaomi for one of last year's flagships, a highly frustrating and disappointing experience for me.

I was able to install Google Apps and Google Play Services, so basically I can use the phone as before, however, I am sadly missing some of the Xiaomi.eu tweaks, especially the camera app …

Yesterday I bought a new phone. I will never ever buy a xiaomi product again. And I will everybody tell to do the same.
So long! And FU xiaomi. Thanks 4 nothing.

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is the best phone ever bought. Xiaomi definitely is my next choice too.

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is the best phone ever bought. Xiaomi definitely is my next choice too.

I agree the hardware is excellent, but the MIUI devs and support team at Xiaomi (NOT Xiaomi.eu!!!) don't really care about their global users' issues. Communication and implementation of bug fixes and new features is definitely not anywhere near the level where they want to be, just read the "About us" (click here) on mi.com, the way the MIUI devs and support team perform is the direct opposite of that.

• Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393 and V3n0m
I am really disappointed because so far the errors have not been taken care of and solved by xiaomi. Although Xiaomi's hardware is good, I won't buy xiaomi equipment either.

still not solved...
even some reported that the issue should not be there when using an custom aosp rom... but i had an calldrop/caller didn't hear me anymore today on my test drive with resurrection remix rom (didn't happen yesterday, first day of use of that rom) ! as soon as i use another phone, tested huawei p30pro, galaxy s10+ or even the simple nokia 81104g i havent had an single issue with call dropping on the same route!

it also make me belive that after flashing ah new rom (after ah wipe) it looks like that it is working.. but after a day or a few days the problems start to appear?!

I surrendered and I abandoned miui and installed pixel experience. It's better, but didn't completely eliminate problem with switching lte antennas. When I am moving sometimes cellular network disappear for few seconds but it not as often as on miui.

i am gooing to test this now... have installed MultiROM on my mix2s now... RR8 Android10 in primary boot, and xiaomi.eu 9.9.26 now in 2nd boot slot... gonna test it later today... also i changed the prefered networksettings allready

Still the Same issues on miui11
Call drops, or Partner does Not hear you anymore etc..

IT get slightly better when messing with the Bands/frequencies used but still more present then in an aosp Rom... But still even there sometimes it Happens but Not near that often and Not making the phone unuseable.. with miui Rom you cant make ah call when youre on the move, for 98%you have the issue

Problem still exists with miui12 :(

found an SAR Calibration in the Service menu, but don't know if that could fix it somehow, at least i don't know how to make the calibration, didn't find anything on the internet... the description sounds that there is ah special mount needed for this, as an special angle is needed for the calibration :( so basically the mix2s would be still a good phone but totaly unusable when receiving calls... also the issues exists in dataconnection, so when using voip calls the connection is also bad as the datapackages get lost ....